Cheesey
14 years ago
We arn't perfect. (no team is)
we are 8-4 and in the hunt for a playoff spot.

FIRE THE WHOLE DAMN COACHING STAFF AND Ted Thompson FOR GOOD MEASURE!
We SUCK!
(end sarcasm)

You just can't please some people.
I HAVE noticed the vast "fire TT" guys have quieted down. Thats a pleasant surprise.
I wonder why they haven't commented on how Raji and Clay Matthews have sucked this year.
Oh.....thats right.....they DON'T suck.
UserPostedImage
triondfootball
14 years ago
i think the best candidate would be bill cowher. hes going to come back; i dont think theres any doubt there. capers would stick around, he wouldnt interfere with rodgers, and he would be a good match for this team. this is a blue collar team... work hard, no superstars. team mentality. good defense. and if the money was right, he would come. most importantly, he KNOWS HOW TO WIN.
blank
porky88
14 years ago
McCarthy isn't going anywhere after this year and he's well on his way to his 2nd winning season in three years and he's only had one losing season. He's been a decent coach and I would say get use to him or root for the Packers to lose the rest of their games this year and hope that carries over next year.

There is something to be said about whether or not he's a coach that can win a Super Bowl, but that's a matter of perspective. Brian Billick doesn't exactly spell out great Super Bowl coach too me, but the Ravens won it all. It's all about getting hot at the right time.

Jeff Fisher is a great coach and has never won a Super Bowl, so there are a lot of variables here.

It seems like it's either win a Super Bowl or you're fired. It's got to be a win now type of a deal too. Had the Bengals taken that approach with Marvin Lewis, who knows where they are right now.

McCarthy is only in his fourth season as a head coach and he has a lot to learn. For the first time in his tenure, I think he's actually learning as a coach. He's by no means perfect nor above criticism, but timing is everything and now is not the time to bring up his dismissal. It's hard to win in the NFL and coaches never change.

He's adjusted the offense. He's staying with the run more and he's gone to a short quick passing game that sets up the run. I think he deserves credit for that.

Capers has failed as a head coach. He was terrible in Houston and went downhill in Carolina after a promising start. Capers should stay where he is.
WhiskeySam
14 years ago

Capers has failed as a head coach. He was terrible in Houston and went downhill in Carolina after a promising start. Capers should stay where he is.

"porky88" wrote:

Yep, he's one of those guys who is an excellent coordinator, but lacks something as a head coach. I want to keep Capers around here as long as we can. He's one of the best D-Coordinators in the league.
Nemo me impune lacessit
dingus
14 years ago

i think the best candidate would be bill cowher. hes going to come back; i dont think theres any doubt there. capers would stick around, he wouldnt interfere with rodgers, and he would be a good match for this team. this is a blue collar team... work hard, no superstars. team mentality. good defense. and if the money was right, he would come. most importantly, he KNOWS HOW TO WIN.

"triondfootball" wrote:

1 SB in 15 seasons, think we can give McCarthy some time to equal that astounding SB winning record? and he had one more 6-10 season than Mac has.
blank
porky88
14 years ago
I think the preseason hype that the Packers had has really damaged some perspective of others. Of course the goal is to win the Super Bowl every year, but you also have to be realistic at times and coming into the season, this was not a Super Bowl caliber team.

You had a transition being made on the defensive side of the football.

You had a new coaching staff on the defensive side of the football.

You had several new starters along the offensive line and one aging one.

Your QB is only in his 2nd full season as a starter.

Realistically, if I had said GB would win ten or 11 games and be one and done in a competitive playoff game on the road against say Philadelphia or Arizona, I think Packer fans would be content with that. Now it's win a playoff game or you're fired. I like the mentality, but I think it's unrealistic to expect this much.

I say take one game at a time right now. If GB keeps up this consistency, but falls short on the road in the playoffs, there is no reasons not to go into the off-season feeling pretty good.
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

Now it's win a playoff game or you're fired. I like the mentality, but I think it's unrealistic to expect this much.

"porky88" wrote:

+1. I've been saying this since before the season began. I don't believe the Packers "have" to win a playoff game for this season to be considered a success. That being said, I'll be just as pissed as anyone if they go one-and-done. 😉
UserPostedImage
coltonja
14 years ago

"dingus" wrote:

1 SB in 15 seasons, think we can give McCarthy some time to equal that astounding SB winning record? and he had one more 6-10 season than Mac has.

"triondfootball" wrote:

+1 for delivering a shut-up-factual post
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
Cheesey
14 years ago

"coltonja" wrote:

"dingus" wrote:

+1 for delivering a shut-up-factual post

"triondfootball" wrote:

I agree.
Cowher "knows how to win". HOW exactly did that happen?
ANSWER: The team gave him a chance to win. How can Mike McCarthy "win" if you want to yank him? Especially when his team is 8-4.
WHAT sense does that make?
If we were 4-8, then i'd say maybe he should go. But 8-4 and in the playoff race???
Come on!!!
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
14 years ago
1: There are alot of penalties called against this team, but it's also the youngest in the NFL for the third consecutive year.

2: I don't like the predictable huge kickoff returns in the 4th quarter, and I don't like how the offense ALWAYS has these lulls. They need to show up and play 60 minutes consistently. But they are getting better.

3: A month ago, we criticized Mike McCarthy and called him out for the team's shit suckage. This was justified. So far, Mike McCarthy seems to be redeeming himself, however he has not yet done so.

4: The Packers are now #7 on most power rankings. Nice to see.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
dfosterf (11h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (12h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (14h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (15h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (17h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (18h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Around The NFL / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.