14 years ago

I've been on Bush's case in the past

"yooperfan" wrote:

Me too. He has deserved it in the past.
coltonja
14 years ago

Very nice post, indeed.

Only thing I can think of is that you usually go to a nickel to account for that extra receiver. If you face the Bears or 49ers, your 3rd corner can indeed play an athletic TE.

But what do we do against, for instance, the Cardinals? They come out with 3-4 receivers sets as much as any team in the league. Breaston will be in as the 3rd receiver more often than not.

We'll need to have a man on him, if we're not playing zone, of course, and that man will most likely be Bush.

You can keep him protected and playing like this against the Bears, 49ers and Ravens, but this won't work against pass happy teams.

With the Cardinals, Eagles, Saints and Vikings storming into the play-offs, he'll better work on his ball skills. Like they appeared to have been doing this week. He showed some improvement. Especially in zone, it seemed.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

That's my worry too, but this is why it's good that the Packers are playing a lot more zone this season.

When Bush played nickel in '07, he got eaten up in those man-to-man matchups and by the end of the season he was demoted. But in Capers' system I'm hoping he can patrol the flats, for the most part (not all the time, because you can't get too predictable).

This puts an extra burden on Woodson, Williams, and Collins, and the LB's have to drop a little deeper to guard against those deep middle routes, but I think all those guys may be up to the challenge. It could be a workable system. Capers is very good at getting the best out of his players and hiding their weaknesses.

Does that make you feel any better, coltonja? I'm trying to cheer you up again.

"Greg C." wrote:

Aww, sorry Coltjona. Lol.

I agree with this one. When he can just sit back in a zone, you can take one of his biggest weaknesses away, as he'll be often facing the ball, already.

Would've been pretty funny to see Swain out there if he wasn't on IR.

Anyone remember our game against the Browns? They played WR Mike Furrey at nickel back. It worked amazingly well. Doesn't mean anything, but I thought that that was a pretty funny sight.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Screw you guys lol.

The only time I feel good about Bush playing is.....ok I got nothing. But hey he had the best game of his career. One open field tackle and now everyone believes in you :pukeright:
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
Lynn_Dickey
14 years ago

I find it weird how strongly people are defending him.

"get_louder_at_lambeau" wrote:

It's just because he didn't really do anything to deserve the criticism. He actually played very well, and he's getting shit by reputation alone. Nothing weird there, in my mind. Weird that he's getting criticized after having one of the best games of his career.

"Lynn_Dickey" wrote:

The best game og HIS career is probably not good enough vs the Saints and Vikings. We were playing the Bears who are considered to have one of the worst receiver corps in the league. And please address the issue another team's announcers calling him out. THey have no dog in this show and i thoughts there comments were very matter of fact. BTW, they thought a lot of Mathews.

You thinking Bush will potentially be bad in the future against a better team is not a reason to call him out after a game where he played well. If and when that happens, THEN call him out for it. It didn't happen this week, so it's bullshit to call him out for something that didn't happen.

As far as the announcers, how the fuck should I know? I didn't even hear what they said. They are Bears fans. Isn't that enough reason for them to say something stupid?

The Bears were not able to take advantage of Bush, no matter what the Bears' radio announcers said. Woodson gave up a TD. Tramon Williams gave up a TD. Bush didn't give up a TD, or many catches, or many yards.

Give the kid a break.

"Lynn_Dickey" wrote:

Yes, just because they are Bears announcers, one of them being a pro bowl guard and super bowl winner, everything they said MUST be stupid. Woodson and Tramon were left with very little safety help. AHHH.
blank
14 years ago

"Lynn_Dickey" wrote:

It's just because he didn't really do anything to deserve the criticism. He actually played very well, and he's getting shit by reputation alone. Nothing weird there, in my mind. Weird that he's getting criticized after having one of the best games of his career.

The best game og HIS career is probably not good enough vs the Saints and Vikings. We were playing the Bears who are considered to have one of the worst receiver corps in the league. And please address the issue another team's announcers calling him out. THey have no dog in this show and i thoughts there comments were very matter of fact. BTW, they thought a lot of Mathews.

"Lynn_Dickey" wrote:

You thinking Bush will potentially be bad in the future against a better team is not a reason to call him out after a game where he played well. If and when that happens, THEN call him out for it. It didn't happen this week, so it's bullshit to call him out for something that didn't happen.

As far as the announcers, how the fuck should I know? I didn't even hear what they said. They are Bears fans. Isn't that enough reason for them to say something stupid?

The Bears were not able to take advantage of Bush, no matter what the Bears' radio announcers said. Woodson gave up a TD. Tramon Williams gave up a TD. Bush didn't give up a TD, or many catches, or many yards.

Give the kid a break.

Yes, just because they are Bears announcers, one of them being a pro bowl guard and super bowl winner, everything they said MUST be stupid. Woodson and Tramon were left with very little safety help. AHHH.

"Lynn_Dickey" wrote:

The Bears fan thing was just a dumb little joke, so I'm not sure why you're fixating on that. Like I already said, how the fuck am I supposed to comment on your second hand impression of commentary from radio analysts in Chicago? Why should I care? I have no idea what they even really said, or who they even are. I just know that you started a thread called "TEAMS PICK ON BUSH!!!", and it didn't happen that way, so all kinds of people are saying you're wrong, including me.

How about you give some examples of Bush getting picked on? I remember him giving up a couple short gains. I remember him making a great tackle on Forte. I remember him getting a false start on Special Teams. What am I missing? When did they "PICK ON BUSH!!!" Please, enlighten us all.
Lynn_Dickey
14 years ago

"Lynn_Dickey" wrote:

Give the kid a break.

"Lynn_Dickey" wrote:

The Bears fan thing was just a dumb little joke, so I'm not sure why you're fixating on that. Like I already said, how the fuck am I supposed to comment on your second hand impression of commentary from radio analysts in Chicago? Why should I care? I have no idea what they even really said, or who they even are. I just know that you started a thread called "TEAMS PICK ON BUSH!!!", and it didn't happen that way, so all kinds of people are saying you're wrong, including me.

How about you give some examples of Bush getting picked on? I remember him giving up a couple short gains. I remember him making a great tackle on Forte. I remember him getting a false start on Special Teams. What am I missing? When did they "PICK ON BUSH!!!" Please, enlighten us all.

"Lynn_Dickey" wrote:

My "enlightenment" was a quote from another team. I cannot pull the radio broadcast tapes, just yet. Let's agree to disagree and move on.
blank
14 years ago
What are you missing? A special teams tackle when we needed to hold them to bad field position in the 4th quarter.
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
14 years ago

What are you missing? A special teams tackle when we needed to hold them to bad field position in the 4th quarter.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Yes, that was nice. He also got down there on a punt near the goal line, but unfortunately Kapinos landed it in the end zone
blank
14 years ago
OK, I see one that I missed one. I think this is the total for Bush, but I might be wrong-

He gave up 3 catches for 32 yards, not counting the tackle on Forte against him, since he was covering someone else and came up to make the tackle. If you count that one against him, it's 4 catches for 34 yards. He also had the false start on Special Teams, as well as a tackle for a 3 yard loss on a punt return.

I think that is the grand total of his play this week, just for reference purposes.
Lynn_Dickey
14 years ago

OK, I see one that I missed one. I think this is the total for Bush, but I might be wrong-

He gave up 3 catches for 32 yards, not counting the tackle on Forte against him, since he was covering someone else and came up to make the tackle. If you count that one against him, it's 4 catches for 34 yards. He also had the false start on Special Teams, as well as a tackle for a 3 yard loss on a punt return.

I think that is the grand total of his play this week, just for reference purposes.

1. except for the penalty, I thought he had a good game on special teams, never said he didn't
2. Your analysis should include how many times he as on the field in pass defense. If he played 6 snaps, and was thrown at 4 times and gave up 4 catches I would say he was picked on. In other words, once he got on the field they went after him.
3. Again, lets all agree to disagree and move on....cool?
blank
14 years ago

"Lynn_Dickey" wrote:

1. except for the penalty, I thought he had a good game on special teams, never said he didn't
2. Your analysis should include how many times he as on the field in pass defense. If he played 6 snaps, and was thrown at 4 times and gave up 4 catches I would say he was picked on. In other words, once he got on the field they went after him.
3. Again, lets all agree to disagree and move on....cool?

Good points, and I actually wasn't trying to keep the argument going, just wanted to give a little bit of a rundown of his game, as I said, just for reference.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (19h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (20h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.