Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I'm putting more stock into them changing his kicking approach after his rookie year than the K ball.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
14 years ago
I'm a little more concerned with the conservative play calling in that situation. McCarthey can just never step on a jugular. It really pisses me off. That said, Mason doesn't have much excuse for missing the field goal today. Last week the snap and hold were bad.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

I'm putting more stock into them changing his kicking approach after his rookie year than the K ball.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

How does that affect Folk. 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
longtimefan
14 years ago
havent they been misses to the right?

thats what I seem to recall..

How can that not be fixed?
gopackgo212
14 years ago
Today was the first time I cringed when he came up to make that kick in the 4th. And sure enough, he missed it. =/

I don't think they can give up on him simply because of his leg. No matter the distance, he hasn't missed a kick short this year. You can always improve his confidence/technique/more practice w/e it is that's wrong, but it's hard to find a stronger kicker out there.

In fact, I can only remember one time when he missed a kick short in his career. And it was that 69 yard bomb of a free kick that he missed by like 4 feet in the last game last year..
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

"pack93z" wrote:

How does that affect Folk. ;)

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Who Folking cares about Folk? Not I. :)

And since he's on my screen now and it was said they switched holders, maybe it's the holder? Kind of odd, Folk indoors, Crosby outdoors. I would think Folk would be far better.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago
I think it's changing holders that affects them.
The kick he missed was straight.......straight right. He has the leg, he just needs to get the ball between the goal posts.
I think it would be a mistake to try to change kickers at this point in the year.
But like was said, get some competition in here off season.
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
14 years ago
He's a below average kicker, but we're stuck with him for the rest of the year. Some other teams are having even worse problems with their kickers, and there are no decent ones available to step in.

Next year they need to bring in another kicker to challenge him--either in free agency or through the draft.

It's disturbing how all these Packer kickers and punters are always changing how they step or whatever and then they get screwed up. It happens no matter who the special teams coach is. I wonder if this happens as often on other teams.
blank
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

Two years ago.. Crosby and Folk were in the running for most points in the league.. this season.. Crosby 8 misses and Folk now has 9... makes you wonder if something is up league wise with the K balls or if this is just an odd coincidence. Or maybe that class of kickers.

"pack93z" wrote:

Very interesting point...

I'll extend that to other kickers: Redskins ex-kicker Suisham, NYG kicker Tynes has struggled and Coughlin brought in competition for him a couple of weeks back, the Ravens replaced kickers mid-season after signing Cundiff, Saints have carried two kickers this season and have split duties between the two...

I don't think I remember a year where so many kickers have performed at such a low level...
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

It's disturbing how all these Packer kickers and punters are always changing how they step or whatever and then they get screwed up. It happens no matter who the special teams coach is. I wonder if this happens as often on other teams.

"Greg C." wrote:

I for one and not happy about it at all. Kickers and Punters, are by nature, very superstitious, and then you change there steps or approach that they've done most of their life? I just think that's wrong.

It reminds me of something my dad told me. When I was learning how to drive, I would try to show off and use my left foot instead of my right foot for braking and accelerating. My dad blew a gasket!! His reason for blowing up at me was ... he said if I'm in a panicking situation, accident or what have you, it might be in my mind that I've used my left foot and I might get foot tied. IF I had to stop fast or hit the gas, I might have both my feet trying to do the same thing at the same time.

I think its the same with Kickers and Punters. You train your brain how to do something and make that work.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (19h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (20h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.