Zero2Cool
14 years ago
lol RP
UserPostedImage
tonyagnese
14 years ago

For what it is worth, here is my legal advice.

Delay the trial until Feb. Demand a trail by jury.

The Packers then trade him to the Cowboys before the trail for a 7th round draft pick, with secret handshake agreement that the Cowboys trade him back after the trial for the same 7th round pick.

The Packers would agree in future considerations to do the same for any Cowboy who is charged in Wisconsin.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

haha
blank
HoustonMatt
14 years ago

Even if he just gets probation, he then has to deal with the Commish.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

This is the rub right here. I'm not going to pretend to know anything about the specifics of his case, but in generalities, knowing how the Houston DA's office works, I'd be very surprised to see Johnny walk away from this with anything more than probation. While it's true that the State of Texas (and Houston in particular) crack down very hard on drug and alcohol related cases, this is more on the arrest side than the conviction side. Not they they don't often go for strong convictions, but more often than not, the DA's office is just trying to get some sort of conviction, any conviction, to pad their "stats" and show the voters how they're cracking down on crime.

What bodes even better for Johnny is that a lot of these cases end up getting dropped or plead down to very minimal sentencing at the last minute. Drug and alcohol cases (or at least minor drug cases, including codeine, lean, syrup, purple stuff or any other name is popular in the local hip-hop lingo) are relatively low priority cases, yet the dockets are booked to the brink due to the arrest happy police force. What this means is two things:

1. Prosecutors want nothing more than to reach a pre-trial agreement, and like I said earlier, often plea down to severely reduced sentences just to put a W in the column.

2. When they do go to trial, good defense attorneys have extremely high success rates, mainly because they completely outmatch and outgun the rookie prosecutors who cut their teeth trying alcohol and minor drug related cases. Basically, the defenses opponent here is the weakest of what the city has to offer.

Essentially, Johnny has very little chance of seeing real, substantial legal trouble, if this case even goes to trial. Remember, only the grand jury has indicted. It's still 50/50 (sort of a made up number there) that the case even sticks. The prosecutor may take a look at the evidence and the oppsing counsel and dismiss the case. (Again, I know none of the particulars of the case)

Point being, even with a cadillac deal for a plea agreement, the Commish is the worry here, not the DA's office. Though since Johnny has no prior history that I'm aware of, I can't imagine Goodell coming down too hard. My guess would be a 4 game suspension, which at the end of the day, isn't too crippling.

EDIT: I do legal marketing here in Houston, primarily on the PI side, but I do work with several clients in criminal defense, particularly DWI and minor drug charges. So that's where my somewhat "inside" look into the Houston DA's office is coming from.
blank
RainX
14 years ago
At worst, Jolly will be suspended for up to 4 games (since it's his first offense) starting the '10 season assuming they convict him of anything before the start of the season and Goodell hands down a suspension by then.

As I stated before the start of the season, with Harrell going on IR again, Jolly was going to be a very integral cog at DE in the new 3-4, and I don't think anyone will disagree with the impact he has had on the field.

Even despite all this, I do not see the Packers cutting him because he is a valuable piece to the defense. He'll be a RFA next year and we'll probably slap him with at least a 1st round tender and let him serve any suspension like we did with Koren Robinson between the '06 and '07 seasons.
blank
nerdmann
14 years ago
This is a very weak case, imo.
First of all, it's based on "four black guys in a car." Then on the "odor of codeine," which as per my experts at www.drugwar.com HAS no odor.
Then they are taking all the sizzurp in the vehicle and putting it on Jolly, since he was the "driver." But they weren't driving. There was no driver. They were parked.
I don't see this going anywhere. I'd fear the Commish more than the law.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
RaiderPride
14 years ago
HoustonMatt and nerdman...

Brilliant legal insight.

However..

I still can not figure out, for the life of me.... Why Jolly put himself in this situation in the first place.

I mean it was not like he was parked there because he was persuaded by the possibility to get a hummer from Jamie Jungers, Rachel Uchitel, or Jamie Grubs.

He was parked there with some ugly dudes that were all male.

What the hell was he doing there? That is the real question?

Jolly is no Tiger. (Off The Frozen Tundra.)
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
British
14 years ago
I read a post by someone who compared similar cases for first time NFL offenders and their conclusion was that the Commish would be inconsistent if he banned Jolly for 4 games for this.

But say he does get banned for 4 games then that is hardly the end of the world. We just rotate in another player or go Psycho, or 2-4-5.

Capers can deal with no Jolly for 4 games.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago
OR

We (Wisconsin) can take a page out of Minnesota's playbook and pass our OWN "we don't give a damn about no NFL or US Constitution" set of b.s. laws and protect him from the suspensions. He was receiving ahhh, THERAPY, ya, THERAPY, that's the ticket...We can build a courtroom in one of those adjacent properties to Lambeau that the Green Bay Packers bought up in recent years. We'll paint it green and gold so as not to confuse the season-ticket holding judges as to where our sentiments lie.

j/k-- Do the crime, do the time. I would bet HoustonMatt is 100% correct, my only (continued) fear is that due to his high "profile", and the fact that this is a rather large problem (sizzurp/purple drank/etc.) they MIGHT try and make an example of him, especially now that they got that there new-fangled zissurp tester a runnin'
Gravedigga
14 years ago

I read a post by someone who compared similar cases for first time NFL offenders and their conclusion was that the Commish would be inconsistent if he banned Jolly for 4 games for this.

But say he does get banned for 4 games then that is hardly the end of the world. We just rotate in another player or go Psycho, or 2-4-5.

Capers can deal with no Jolly for 4 games.

"British" wrote:

Plus, with a 12 game season, Jolly will be fresher :)

UserPostedImage
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
nerdmann
14 years ago

HoustonMatt and nerdman...

Brilliant legal insight.

However..

I still can not figure out, for the life of me.... Why Jolly put himself in this situation in the first place.

I mean it was not like he was parked there because he was persuaded by the possibility to get a hummer from Jamie Jungers, Rachel Uchitel, or Jamie Grubs.

He was parked there with some ugly dudes that were all male.

What the hell was he doing there? That is the real question?

Jolly is no Tiger. (Off The Frozen Tundra.)

"RaiderPride" wrote:

No doubt he's a dumbass for putting himself in that position. Hopefully, he's learned from it.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (16h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (18h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (21h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.