Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Web Page Name 

UserPostedImageAnytime youre part of a defense like this, its amazing. Im just excited to be a part of it and to be a contributing factor in it.

I couldnt tell you, honestly, why I lasted until the seventh round. I thought I was going to go higher. Its not a big deal. I was always motivated. I had an idea of where I thought it was going to go, and it was a solid feeling, as that went away, I didnt really get too disappointed. I just wanted to go somewhere and show what I could do.

I dont have an iPod. Crazy, right? I have my music on my phone. But if I did have an iPod, I can tell you what would be on it a lot of old-school R&B. Definitely.

My favorite movies? I like Higher Learning, a Spike Lee movie, and Do The Right Thing, which is also a Spike Lee movie. And I like Hook and The Goonies. Youve seen The Goonies, right? Man, its a classic. A classic.

I havent been able to read a lot since the season started, which sucks. Because Im always reading my playbook or studying film. I normally do read a lot. Im pretty boring.

I dont know that Im good at everything; I just like to compete. I dont like to half-ass. Whatever Im doing, I want to be the best. Even in the classroom, I treat it like a competition, like a sport. I used to go in thinking, Im competing against all these people for the best test grade. Thats how I always looked at stuff.

As a kid, I was disruptive. I dont know how to explain it. I wasnt overtly bad, I just was a little disruptive. Id do my work so well, Id do stuff like correct the teacher. I felt like, Im doing all this so well, I dont have to worry about anything.

Theres six of us I have an older sister in her early 30s; an older brother whos 25; me, 23; a younger brother, 22; a younger sister whos 12; and another younger sister whos 6. They love coming up here to the games. Lansing is only like six, seven hours away, so they come to the home games all the time. I love my sisters, man. Im a really good big brother. Theres a big age gap, but when the 12-year-old was really little, that was before I went to college, it was just me and her and my younger brother. Im close with both my little sisters. Theyre both a little disruptive like me. A little too smart for my own good.

My relationship with my parents is good. They live in Lansing with the two little girls. They come to a lot of games. I went to school in Colorado, so they never got a chance to go to a bunch of games there. They came once in awhile, probably one game every season. But if you ask them, they swear they came to like four games in a year. Thats just not true. They came to one game a year. So now, theyre so close, theyre trying to come to every game they want to come every game, every time.

The idea they instilled in me was, you can do whatever you want to do. Like, there was a never point at all growing up where I didnt ever think I could do something. You know how people say, I want to be the President of the United States. There was never a thought in my head that if I wanted to be the president, that I couldnt do that. They always made me feel like I could do anything. I know youre thinking, Everybody tells their kids that, but they really made me believe that. There was no not being smart enough. It was all about how hard youd work for it. And they always taught me to work really hard for it.

I have my economics degree. I dont have my astrophysics degree. Im a couple classes shy of it. Five or six credits, like two classes. I had a lot of plans for post-grad stuff. I wanted to either go to law school or take a course to actually become an astronaut. Itd actually be easier to go into the Air Force if you want to become an astronaut, so maybe I wouldve headed over there. The road is shorter to being an astronaut if you go that route. You never know, someday.

No, Im not a rocket scientist. Well, kind of, I guess. Theres different aspects of that. The science of building rockets really is aerospace engineering. But the science of the flight of rockets and aircraft in space is astrophysics. So I mean, tom-ay-to tom-ah-to. Most people would say rocket scientists are aerospace engineers. When you think of rocket scientists, I think of people who design and build rockets. Astrophysics deals with the science behind it calculating escape velocities, calculating how things work in space like black holes, string theory, things like that. I dont think its that big of a deal. If youre good at math, you can do it. Its not hard.

I cant tap dance. I wanted to be a tap dancer when I was little, and I never got around to it. Its true. I wanted to be Savion Glover, the black guy that tap dances. I saw him, and hes like this icon in the African-American community. Hes really, really good. Hes amazing. He has all these Broadway shows, and I wanted to be a tap dancer. And I still cant tap dance. Theres something I cant do.

I think my best quality is my drive. I think I really have a drive just a drive to be really good at what youre doing, regardless of what youre doing. Just trying to be the best at it.

My worst quality is, I really dont trust people very easily. It takes me awhile to trust people, to let em totally in. It takes me awhile to let my guard down.

I still play the viola. Yes sir. But I dont play it for anyone. Theres a personal story behind it. I just dont play it for anybody anymore. I still play it, but I just dont play it for anybody. I really dont want to get into it. Its sad.

I didnt even want to play the viola, honestly. Ill tell you that story. I wanted to play the guitar. My dad was like, No. Youre not going to play guitar. He was convinced that I needed a string instrument that was, I dont know, close to my ear or something. He had this crazy idea in his head. Its not like my dad has a music background hell tell you he plays the drums or something, but hes a very intelligent guy, and he does a lot of research on his own. When we were kids, he was always researching stuff that helps kids development. All this stuff kept popping up about instruments, and he was like, I have to find out more about this; it clearly helps in the development of kids. A lot of the smarter kids tend to be musically inclined. So he said, Youre going to play an instrument. Now, I didnt realize all this until I was, like, in college. So I was in third or fourth grade, and he said, You have to play one of these: Viola, violin, cello, bass. So I said, OK, I want to play the cello. And he was like, No, you cant play the cello. Im like, What do you mean, NO? Why cant I play the cello? You said it was one of the choices. He said I needed the notes to be close to my ear, or something like that. So he mustve read some study somewhere, some off-the-wall thing that hed read. So the truth was, it had to be the violin or the viola. He made it seem like I had a choice, but I didnt. Not that he forced us I was the one who wanted to be in the music program. So I picked the viola because I was a bigger kid.

My closest friend on the team? You know wide receiver Patrick Williams, (who was promoted Tuesday from) the practice squad? We went to school together at Colorado. We were roommates for four years. We were in the same fraternity. And now hes here. So hes probably my closest friend on the team. He was staying with me for awhile. He just got his own place about a week ago.

Im a pretty calm guy calm and grounded. Just being here has been cool.

UserPostedImage
Mckennj3
14 years ago
Sounds like a pretty intelligent guy, really glad he's holding down the outside so well. I know it's to early to say but wouldn't it be sweet to lock down both OLB sides in the same draft for years to come.
We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.
14 years ago
I wouldn't bet against someone like him. Good kid, hard worker, very smart, has the tools at 6'3" 232 lbs. He just needs to work his ass off and gain about 10 pounds.
RainX
14 years ago
For a 7th round rookie to come in and be as relatively effective as he has been in place of Kampman, you probably couldn't have asked for much more.

It's not to say he's going to be the long term answer at LOLB (although he's only a rookie and will probably only get better), but it's nice to think we have some pretty good depth not only in the middle but at OLB as well.
blank
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago
Love these Tuesday pieces by Wilde.

What's been most impressive is that Jones has held up the LOS fairly well, not giving up ground or getting blown up when facing Ts.

Even more impressive considering he is less than 240, in his first season (must dedicate himself to strength room in off-season), and having some big shoes to fill.

Really like him, especially considering he's shown some pass rush ability without a developed pass rush repertoire (had 5 pressures against the Ravens). Has struggled too (Bears game, where we didn't hold up at the point as well, Roy Williams catch which Woodson saved by causing fumble) but it's hard not to like Jones body of work thus far.

It'll be interesting to see him in the playoffs, where the level of play is that much greater; if he can play with the big boys you've got a heck of a player on your hands, IMO. Still, encouraging first season.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Mckennj3
14 years ago
Yeah I hope if Kampy is gone he puts in a serious offseason and wins the battle next TC, kids been real impressive so far.
We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.
Cheesey
14 years ago
"Tap dance"......i didn't expect to see that. I also love tap dancing, and wish i would have learned how to. No joke.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
14 years ago

"Tap dance"......i didn't expect to see that. I also love tap dancing, and wish i would have learned how to. No joke.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Cheesemeister,
You tapdance all over this forum and we love it.
14 years ago

"Cheesey" wrote:

Is that how you earned your name? That's a pretty cheesey hobby.
Felipe7777777
14 years ago
I like these tuesdays with wilde, really gives you an insight on the players its pretty cool, and this dude Brad Jones has a motor like no other!!
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (14h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (15h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (18h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (21h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
48m / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.