Cheesey
14 years ago
It's hard for me to pick just 5. I have been blessed in being able to actually meet and talk to quite a few Packer players. That makes it even more hard to choose "only" 5.
But i will at least try,
1. Ray Nitschke. GREAT player, and he sat and talked with me one day, autographed a few things for me, and let me try on his Super Bowl one ring. He treated me like he knew me. He wasn't like alot of star players that won't take time for their fans.
2. Bart Starr. Another guy that treats you like an equal. He doesn't look down at you. I got to work for him at the V. Lombardi golf tourny one year, and he made it a point to call me over and thank me for the good job i did. Just an all around nice guy.
3. Brett Favre. His play on the field made it fun to be a Packer fan again. I wish he would have kept the same attitude he had early on with the fans. Seems to me he lost that once he became a big star.
4. Charles Woodson. I never got to meet him (yet) but he gives everything he's got on the field.

5.Donald Dviver and Greg Jennings. BOTH great players AND great guys!

And the "Magic man" Don Majkowski, he was pretty darn good. And was VERY nice when i got to talk with him.
I could go on and on.
UserPostedImage
K_Buz
14 years ago
Wow...I'm flabbergasted. I know there is hatred for Favre, but my gosh, he took us to the Superbowl 2x and MVP 3 straight years.

I'm going to say :
Favre
Reggie
Star
Butler
Nitschke

But there could be SO many more. Sharpe, Driver, Ahman Green, Max Mcgee, Chumura, even Edgar Bennett, Jim Taylor. Wow...we have a great list!
Gravedigga
14 years ago

Wow...I'm flabbergasted. I know there is hatred for Favre, but my gosh, he took us to the Superbowl 2x and MVP 3 straight years.

I'm going to say :
Favre
Reggie
Star
Butler
Nitschke

But there could be SO many more. Sharpe, Driver, Ahman Green, Max Mcgee, Chumura, even Edgar Bennett, Jim Taylor. Wow...we have a great list!

"K_Buz" wrote:

I agree, any list that doesn't include Favre should be removed. I will contact management about this.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Top 5 all-time Packers... That's a tough one.

Willie Davis.
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila.
Reggie White.
Bart Starr.
Aaron Rodgers (Yes, already. Love the efficiency).

I can leave Favre off of that list if I want to. Gbaja-Biamila wasn't one of our best players, either. Donald Driver wasn't our best receiver by far. That's so great about these subjective lists. Otherwise every list had to contain Favre, Starr, Hutson, Nitschke and Canadeo.

From the anti-lists, I see that the Rubley audible made far less of an impact on people around here than I thought.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I agree, any list that doesn't include Favre should be removed. I will contact management about this.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

Although Favre would be on my top five list, to say there's no top five list that couldn't have him is preposterous as it's your opinion. Anyone can have any top five as there ... top five as it is there's and not predicated on your opinion.

Anyhow, picking just five is hard.

Desmond Howard
Greg Jennings
Charles Woodson
Sterling Sharpe
Don Majkowski

Would round out the top five for me ...

Others that would be very close ...
Don Hutson
Brett Favre
Tim Harris
Javon Walker
Ray Nitschke

Edit, Brett can't be on my top five until he's retired from the enemy. 🙂
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
14 years ago

Otherwise every list had to contain Favre, Starr, Hutson, Nitschke and Canadeo.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

wow i never even heard of canadeo until now. I'll look him up to see what he did. Seems like he was a great all around player, returns, running, passing. A true team player. Thats what i gathered from his statistics although i dont know anything about him.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Gravedigga
14 years ago

Edit, Brett can't be on my top five until he's retired from the enemy. :)

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Lol, i was just playing about the contacting mgmt about the list you know.....
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
K_Buz
14 years ago
I swear I read in the OP that this list was supposed to be the top 5 best Packers, not favorite. In this case, I know why Favre isn't included in the lists.

However, I think it would be interesting to see how people's top 5 best Packers VS top 5 favorite Packers would compare.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I swear I read in the OP that this list was supposed to be the top 5 best Packers, not favorite. In this case, I know why Favre isn't included in the lists.

However, I think it would be interesting to see how people's top 5 best Packers VS top 5 favorite Packers would compare.

"K_Buz" wrote:

You could always read it again. Here, I'll assist you on this endeavor.

I saw someone mention their all-time favorites and figured it would be a fun topic to gauge how the young and the old view their all-time favorite Packers. I'm only 21 so I pretty much only know the 90's teams to now. With that said my favorites are...

1. LeRoy Butler
2. Nick Collins
3. Greg Jennings
4. Reggie White
5. Nick Barnett

"brnt247" wrote:

UserPostedImage
Tezzy
14 years ago
1. Reggie White (my dog named after him, big black lab, he sacks the neighbor dogs all the time)
2. Brett Favre (and yes, I'm wearing Wranglers right now, and they fit great)
3. William Henderson (watching him do high hurdles, classic)
4. Chuck Cecil (someone else mentioned blood on Murphy, I can remember wearing my fake nose blood to Lambeau for Chuck)
5. Curly Lambeau (the original Wildcat. Threw the first Packers pass, threw the first touchdown, and kicked the first field goal)
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (9m) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (49m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.