dfosterf
14 years ago
We'll compromise.

Give him his due credit, but...

UserPostedImage

keep a wary eye out :thumbleft:
Lynn_Dickey
14 years ago
Wow, you are all saying this after the Seahawks? Did you see the Steelers game? He played well against a horrible receiving corps that Seattle has. The Steelers receiving corps tore him up. I fear when we face AZ / NO / or Minny, those QB receiver combos will show the problems he has. Again from JSOnline after the Steelers game:

On this day, Bush was exposed for his poor play on the ball and lack of natural instincts playing corner. He gave up the 60-yard touchdown to Wallace, a 54-yard deep ball to receiver Hines Ward and a crucial 20-yard completion to tight end Heath Miller on the game-winning drive.

I really really hope I am wrong. But I remember hoping/praying other packers were better than they showed on the field (Mandarich / TJ Buckley / etc.) After 39 years I realized hoping/praying doesn't work...the fcats are the facts....and you judge people when they go aginst GOOD players and teams.
blank
Kyle
14 years ago

Wow, you are all saying this after the Seahawks? Did you see the Steelers game? He played well against a horrible receiving corps that Seattle has. The Steelers receiving corps tore him up. I fear when we face AZ / NO / or Minny, those QB receiver combos will show the problems he has. Again from JSOnline after the Steelers game:

On this day, Bush was exposed for his poor play on the ball and lack of natural instincts playing corner. He gave up the 60-yard touchdown to Wallace, a 54-yard deep ball to receiver Hines Ward and a crucial 20-yard completion to tight end Heath Miller on the game-winning drive.

I really really hope I am wrong. But I remember hoping/praying other packers were better than they showed on the field (Mandarich / TJ Buckley / etc.) After 39 years I realized hoping/praying doesn't work...the fcats are the facts....and you judge people when they go aginst GOOD players and teams.

"Lynn_Dickey" wrote:

+50

When the Pack are burned deep, you don't even have to look at the screen to know who it was. He is a glaring weak point. Of course, the argument goes that if he were that bad, the coaches would put someone else into the game. Sadly, there is nobody better than Bush available at this time, and they'll just have to suck up his atrocious play. Nice pick buddy. Doesn't quite make up for how many times he's been penalized or absolutely torched. Dude should return his paychecks.
blank
Lynn_Dickey
14 years ago
But as much as I have rided Bush, I will be the first to eat my words if he has a good game in the playoffs. I pray I will have to eat my words. Please please let him get 6 picks against Favre. Heck, if he gets 2 picks against favre he will be my favorite player!!
blank
TheEngineer
14 years ago
Meh. 1 good interception does not a career make. Good special teams player but still not a great CB.
blank
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Meh. 1 good interception does not a career make. Good special teams player but still not a great CB.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

No one is asking for him to make a career in one game. We're asking for improvements on a consistent basis.
UserPostedImage
hardrocker950
14 years ago
Sure an INT is good (and made my Sunday all the better), but one great play doesn't make up for a dozen blown coverages. I know I have been a tough critic on him along with many others, and I hope we are proven wrong about him. I am in hopes that a couple of big plays will boost his confidence, and we all know what that can do for a player. Keep in mind he is also trying to fill some big shoes!
TheEngineer
14 years ago
I'm just saying it neither validates his previous poor play, nor suggests that Bush is finally improving. But with the next 2 games at least, we can watch and see if it was a fluke or not. Just remember that Jolly has the same number of career interceptions.
blank
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

Wow, you are all saying this after the Seahawks? Did you see the Steelers game? He played well against a horrible receiving corps that Seattle has. The Steelers receiving corps tore him up. I fear when we face AZ / NO / or Minny, those QB receiver combos will show the problems he has.

"Lynn_Dickey" wrote:

Bush's problem never was his physical skill set.

His problem was poor technique. McCarthy was pretty blunt in assessing Bush's mistakes: he let his player get behind him. As a result, he got burned.

Bush played pretty well yesterday. His mistakes against the Steelers were correctable. He did a pretty good job of working on his fundamentals, which is how you make sure you don't get beat when you have Bush's skill set.

I'll be the first to criticize Bush's lack of ball skills - they are no doubt a limitation and a potentially huge one in the playoffs. But in each game he has played nickel, Bush has had opportunities for INT; he's been in the right position quite a few times.

Ergo, the problem, IMO, with Bush is not his physical skill set, or his lack of ability to play at the NFL level. It's his consistency - he has to be consistent fundamentally. If he does that, he'll be fine.

Against the Seahawks, it is hard to argue that Bush was not solid fundamentally. He did not give up that big catch. Coincidentally (or not), Bush also saw a reduced role on Special Teams.

You mention the Seahawks bad WR crops, but you fail to mention that his INT came while guarding the Seahawks best WR TJ Houshmandzadeh.He may not be the best in the NFL, but he is no slouch either. Bush will not be expected to guard elite WRs.

You can hate Jarret Bush. But he is far from the lost cause many believe.

He deserves props for his play against the Seahawks.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
TheEngineer
14 years ago

Against the Seahawks, it is hard to argue that Bush was not solid fundamentally. He did not give up that big catch. Coincidentally (or not), Bush also saw a reduced role on Special Teams.

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

Didn't Bush give up a 30something yard completion about halfway in the game? He was also beat on a TD as well, but I'm not sure if he was covering zone or something.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (4h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (4h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (4h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (5h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (5h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (20h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

19h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.