Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Woodson has given up big plays and TD's too, should we start a 'cut him' rant on him as well?
UserPostedImage
TheEngineer
14 years ago
No, because clearly Woodson has displayed his big playmaking ability. It's a ridiculous argument to make, Zero.
blank
IronMan
14 years ago

It's a ridiculous argument to make, Zero.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

"TheEngineer" wrote:

You're missing the forest for the trees.

Zero's point is simple: giving up a big play or a TD in a game is not unusual for DBs. It is also not the sole indicator of whether or not a player had a bad game or not.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
TheEngineer
14 years ago
No, it's not the sole reason, of course. On the overall, I find Jarrett Bush's play to negatively impact the Packers. Maybe not in Seattle. But over the course of the season and over his career, as a CB, Jarrett Bush has been more liability than reliability.

Very few CBs are able to hold every WR in check. Other than Asomugha, and maybe Mike McKenzie on the Saints a few years ago, I don't recall many CBs who can actually hold their own against WRs for a majority of the time and limit the amount of catches. But CBs can cover reasonably well, make the tackles, interceptions, what have you. Positive plays. Jarrett Bush has shown far less of that than what I would deem to be a good performance.

As you say, Bush isn't even limited by his physical skill set but his mental aptitude. If he had tried hard, but was just too slow or weak, I could understand. But he makes boneheaded plays, going out of position himself. Should I excuse that? I am, as yet (not saying never here!) unconvinced that Bush is CB quality.
blank
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

As you say, Bush isn't even limited by his physical skill set but his mental aptitude. If he had tried hard, but was just too slow or weak, I could understand. But he makes boneheaded plays, going out of position himself. Should I excuse that? I am, as yet (not saying never here!) unconvinced that Bush is CB quality.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

That's fine, I think it's wrong to be convinced that Bush has turned the corner after just 1 solid game. I still say it was solid because it marked progress. Bush had good technique for the most part, and was more consistent in his play than the week before especially.

Here's my thing with Bush: on the 53 man roster at the start of the season, where would you place Bush in terms of play? Going into the season, he was a ST player who provided some versatility by playing both CB and S. To rank him as anything above the 40th player in terms of value to this team is pushing it. That is to say, maybe on his best day Bush would be the40th best player on this team. And I'm being pretty generous, I think.

Which leads me to my point: what can you reasonably expect from a player that is ranked somwhere in the 40s in terms of value? Woodons, Rodgers, Driver, etc... these guys are in the top 10 - elite players. Tramon Williams, Hawk, etc. can be classified in the 10-20 range. You expect them to be good. Bush? You don't really expect him to get extended time at CB, barring a disaster. Well, we lost Harris / Blackmon / Lee. Bush is doing relatively well - key word being relatively given where his place on the 53 man roster - in the bottom third.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

No, because clearly Woodson has displayed his big playmaking ability. It's a ridiculous argument to make, Zero.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

Is it really ridiculous or are you just failing to comprehend the nature of the point?

I really don't understand how some can be so freaking naive to thinking in depth about certain things.

First, Jarrett Bush shouldn't ever be on the field when a QB is also on the field.
Second, every DB gives up big plays and TD's.
Third, when you're not on the field all of the time, its not as easy to come in and be dominate.
Fourth, Jarrett Bush should never be on the field when a QB is on the same field.
Fifth, read one and four again and repeat.

My point is this (since I failed at making it fucking obvious) Jarrett Bush does not belong on the field at all. It's not because he gave up a 30 yard pass or even a TD, the man SIMPLEY CAN NOT PLAY! That is why he shouldn't be on the field. If we sat every DB who gave up said plays, we'd be fielding a DB-less team. THAT IS MY POINT!

Again, JARRETT BUSH SHOULDN'T BE ON THE FIELD BECAUSE HE DOESN'T HAVE THE TOOLS TO BE A DB IN THE NFL!

Now don't ever make it look like I'm defending Bush again! SILENCE .......... I KILL YOU!!

/exhale ..............................
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

You're missing the forest for the trees.

Zero's point is simple: giving up a big play or a TD in a game is not unusual for DBs. It is also not the sole indicator of whether or not a player had a bad game or not.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

OMG thank you! I love you!

I didn't think it was too hard to grasp what I was saying, lol.
UserPostedImage
TheEngineer
14 years ago
Perhaps you'll forgive me for not taking the time to have read all of the threads on Jarrett Bush and categorised your previous thoughts on Bush's ability (or lack thereof), but I was taking your statements in this thread at face value and giving my opinions.

In any case, How does one judge whether a CB 'has the tools' to be an NFL starter/backup, if not for his performance on the field? The only thing consistent that Bush has demonstrated, from what I gather, is his ability to give up the big play. Perhaps it's selective memory, but I don't think it's wholly unwarranted. I actually think Bush can be salvagable, but he needs to improve, and soon.
blank
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Perhaps you'll forgive me for not taking the time to have read all of the threads on Jarrett Bush and categorised your previous thoughts on Bush's ability (or lack thereof), but I was taking your statements in this thread at face value and giving my opinions.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

Of course I'll forgive you. I'm the king of bonehead comments. 🙂

But, you don't have to read every thread on Bush to grasp the point I was making. It was pretty obvious.

Sorry for being touchy, I just don't like any inclination being thrown about as if I'm defending Jarrett Bush. Who I don't think should be on the field ever when a QB is also on the field.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (6h) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (6h) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (6h) : fuck
beast (7h) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (7h) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (7h) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (7h) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (8h) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (8h) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (8h) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (8h) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (8h) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (9h) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (10h) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (10h) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (10h) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (10h) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
29m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.