El3ment12
14 years ago
Ahman Green > Adrian Peterson
zombieslayer
14 years ago

Interesting statistical comparison here between the #7 and #8 rushers in the NFL. LG is longest carry and FM is fumbles.

ATT YDS AVG LG TD FM FM lost

7. Adrian Peterson 281 1235 4.4 64T 15 6 5

8. Ryan Grant 271 1202 4.4 62T 10 0 0

Sorry, I don't know how to align columns on this site.

Oops, Peterson is playing right now, so these numbers are skewed, but still interesting.

"Greg C." wrote:

Well, HUGE thing that needs to be said - AP's fumble last night cost the Vikings that game. Favre did some serious magic if you watched the game. (Yeah, I knew he got away with a real bad INT that the defender dropped, but he got lucky. I'm just sayin'.)

So there they were down something like 23-7 and Favre has them tied 30-30. AP fumbles in their own territory in OT and there goes the game.

Now Ryan Grant. Count his fumbles this year. A big, fat ZERO.

So a note to Ryan Grant from me - my sincerest apologies for doubting you earlier in the year. You have been consistent and you hold on to the ball. I have taken you for granted. I won't do that any more. Thanks Ryan Grant.

Love,

The Zombieslayer.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

Interesting statistical comparison here between the #7 and #8 rushers in the NFL. LG is longest carry and FM is fumbles.

ATT YDS AVG LG TD FM FM lost

7. Adrian Peterson 281 1235 4.4 64T 15 6 5

8. Ryan Grant 271 1202 4.4 62T 10 0 0

Sorry, I don't know how to align columns on this site.

Oops, Peterson is playing right now, so these numbers are skewed, but still interesting.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Well, HUGE thing that needs to be said - AP's fumble last night cost the Vikings that game. Favre did some serious magic if you watched the game. (Yeah, I knew he got away with a real bad INT that the defender dropped, but he got lucky. I'm just sayin'.)

So there they were down something like 23-7 and Favre has them tied 30-30. AP fumbles in their own territory in OT and there goes the game.

Now Ryan Grant. Count his fumbles this year. A big, fat ZERO.

So a note to Ryan Grant from me - my sincerest apologies for doubting you earlier in the year. You have been consistent and you hold on to the ball. I have taken you for granted. I won't do that any more. Thanks Ryan Grant.

Love,

The Zombieslayer.

"Greg C." wrote:

AP's fumble was off a pass not a run. His 1st of the year. Grant has a fumble off a pass this year as well.
Stats are from NFL.com

Receiving stats

Rk Player       Rec 	Yds 	Avg 	Yds/G 	Lng 	TD 	20+ 	40+ 	1st 	1st% 	FUM
 83 Peterson  42  	435 	 10.4 	 29.0 	 63 	 0 	 5 	 2 	 16 	 38.1 	 1
148 Grant     25  	197 	 7.9 	 13.1 	 27 	 0 	 2 	 0 	 9 	 36.0 	 1 

UserPostedImage
earthquake
14 years ago

Receiving stats

Rk Player       Rec 	Yds 	Avg 	Yds/G 	Lng 	TD 	20+ 	40+ 	1st 	1st% 	FUM
 83 Peterson  42  	435 	 10.4 	 29.0 	 63 	 0 	 5 	 2 	 16 	 38.1 	 1
148 Grant     25  	197 	 7.9 	 13.1 	 27 	 0 	 2 	 0 	 9 	 36.0 	 1 

"Dulak" wrote:

I think that this has as much to do with the QB as the RBs. Grant and Peterson both really aren't such good receivers, but Peterson is getting a lot more dump-offs and makes a lot more happen. He's an open field monster. Grant is not.

Makes me wonder how many screens we've attempted with Grant, though. I'm a huge fan of the screen pass, but we seem to run it very little when anyone but Jackson is on the field. Makes it a little one-dimensional.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Im pretty dissappointed we didnt use jackson more this year - he looks like a much better runner then grant. I dont remember if he was injured earlier this year or what ... I liked his cutback in the seattle game that got him the TD. (noone was there to take him).

"wpr" wrote:

I believe Wynn, Jackson, and Lumpkin were injured at some point during the season, which is why we signed Ahman Green. When Jackson got back into the lineup his blitz pickup really helped the pass blocking dramatically, IIRC.

I think the way Jackson is used as a 3rd down back highlights his strengths, but i would like to see him get a few more carries per game as well.
blank
Rockmolder
14 years ago
He was nearly intercepted twice in that second half, btw, Zombie. Both set up by Hillenmeyer, one tipped, one he nearly intercepted himself over the middle. That man had a career game, yesterday. It's still the same formula. Get up fast and Favre will force things. That's why he's something like 0 - 44 now when he gets down by 17 points or more.

Factor in some negative yardage for all the fumbles, and consinder the garbage time stats Peterson racks up, and I am no longer jealous of the Vikings running back situation. Also, I don't think Peterson is an overly intelligent ball player. Last night he should have just run out of bounds after getting the first down. I think Percy Harvin's football intelligence is very high.

GB's running backs are performing at a high level for their role in this reciever dominated offense.

'DakotaT' wrote:

I don't know about this one. I saw this written in a chat on a Vikings fan site, as well. Peterson is a runner who relies on those big runs. If you tell him to get out of bounds after the first down, just because he could fumble it, you take away half of his game and are left with a very mediocre running back.

I mean, do you really want to stop him from making those runs that he did against the Browns because he has a rendency to fumble? For that matter, would you have told Ahman Green to not make that spin and take that ball for a 90 yard TD, but just go down after 15 yards before he gets hit?

I'd rather work on his grip. Force it into his head. I wouldn't want to cover up the problem by letting him run out of bounds, I'd rather solve the problem.
zombieslayer
14 years ago
WPR - I've watched almost every Packers game and almost every Vikings game this year. AP seems to fumble at the worst possible times. I don't even remember Grant's solitary fumble.

The one game that Grant had fumbleitis is that playoff game against the Hawks in '07. He more than made up for it though by the game's end.

Now that I've got a chance to read what the other folks have said in this thread, yes, Grant doesn't have the firepower of AP. He's not as elusive. He's not as strong. He doesn't break the big ones. Opposing Ds don't lose sleep over him like they do worrying about AP.

However we're a pass first team anyways so who cares? Someone in this thread mentioned the takeaways vs turnovers and we're #2. That # is more important to me than total yards by a RB.

So once again, thank you Ryan Grant for getting us 4.4 yards per carry AND holding on to the football.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

WPR - I've watched almost every Packers game and almost every Vikings game this year. AP seems to fumble at the worst possible times. I don't even remember Grant's solitary fumble.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

no argument from me.

The one game that Grant had fumbleitis is that playoff game against the Hawks in '07. He more than made up for it though by the game's end.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I was not even thinking of this game. Ancient history

Now that I've got a chance to read what the other folks have said in this thread, yes, Grant doesn't have the firepower of AP. He's not as elusive. He's not as strong. He doesn't break the big ones. Opposing Ds don't lose sleep over him like they do worrying about AP.

However we're a pass first team anyways so who cares? Someone in this thread mentioned the takeaways vs turnovers and we're #2. That # is more important to me than total yards by a RB.

So once again, thank you Ryan Grant for getting us 4.4 yards per carry AND holding on to the football.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

AP did fumble at a bad time. I think MN wins if he doesn't. I just meant to say AP has not fumbled on a pass this year until that play while he has fumbled many times on a run. It is a fluke no doubt.
But as long as we are bashing AP. (Some of it deserved) I just want to point out that Grant has 1 fumble as well off a pass and technically his fumble to reception ratio is high than AP's because he has caught fewer passes.

I will say overall that Grant is doing an outstanding job for a player in the NFL and when you factor in that he could not make the NYG team his 1st 2 years he is doing an amazing job.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
14 years ago

He was nearly intercepted twice in that second half, btw, Zombie. Both set up by Hillenmeyer, one tipped, one he nearly intercepted himself over the middle. That man had a career game, yesterday. It's still the same formula. Get up fast and Favre will force things. That's why he's something like 0 - 44 now when he gets down by 17 points or more.

Factor in some negative yardage for all the fumbles, and consinder the garbage time stats Peterson racks up, and I am no longer jealous of the Vikings running back situation. Also, I don't think Peterson is an overly intelligent ball player. Last night he should have just run out of bounds after getting the first down. I think Percy Harvin's football intelligence is very high.

GB's running backs are performing at a high level for their role in this reciever dominated offense.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

I don't know about this one. I saw this written in a chat on a Vikings fan site, as well. Peterson is a runner who relies on those big runs. If you tell him to get out of bounds after the first down, just because he could fumble it, you take away half of his game and are left with a very mediocre running back.

I mean, do you really want to stop him from making those runs that he did against the Browns because he has a rendency to fumble? For that matter, would you have told Ahman Green to not make that spin and take that ball for a 90 yard TD, but just go down after 15 yards before he gets hit?

I'd rather work on his grip. Force it into his head. I wouldn't want to cover up the problem by letting him run out of bounds, I'd rather solve the problem.

'DakotaT' wrote:

My point about garbage time is that he should be sitting on the bench when the game is at hand instead of being on the field getting hit. The longevity of an NFL running back is not long, so if the Vikings want to throw him out on the filed when the game is already won, just to rack up big stats, I guess that is their perrogative. I just don't view it as smart, nor am I impressed with long runs against a weak defense. If Grant would have ripped off a run on the Vikings like he did against the Seahags, I would have been much more impressed.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I just want to point out that Grant has 1 fumble as well off a pass and technically his fumble to reception ratio is high than AP's because he has caught fewer passes.

"wpr" wrote:

Wow ...
Adrian 42 catches, one fumble lost
Ryan 25 catches, one fumble lost

We don't throw to Ryan much at all, as evident from the stats posted here. Talk about grasping for straws to knock a dude, dang.

Tough crowd ... TOUGH.

and he doesn't break the long ones ... nice timing on that comment after he's busted two for 50+ in the last three games ๐Ÿ˜‰
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

I just want to point out that Grant has 1 fumble as well off a pass and technically his fumble to reception ratio is high than AP's because he has caught fewer passes.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Wow ...
Adrian 42 catches, one fumble lost
Ryan 25 catches, one fumble lost

We don't throw to Ryan much at all, as evident from the stats posted here. Talk about grasping for straws to knock a dude, dang.

Tough crowd ... TOUGH.

and he doesn't break the long ones ... nice timing on that comment after he's busted two for 50+ in the last three games ;)

"wpr" wrote:

HEY!!!!!!

I ain't knocking Grant.

If you pick on me I will just go back to work. :pukeleft:
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (10h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : โ€œWeโ€™re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.โ€
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#ร—k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. ๐Ÿ˜
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

23h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright ยฉ 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comโ„ข. All Rights Reserved.