14 years ago

"It is what it is," Woodson said. "I don't cry about those things. Could they have called it? Probably. But I just give those guys credit. They made the plays they needed to make. And that's the bottom line."

"marstc09" wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/11/packers-dont-blame-officials/ 

Thanks for your contribution to the board, antagonistic Vikings fan #452.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Anybody have a screen capture or picture of the helmet to helmet hit in OT?

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

UserPostedImage

Picture 2 
marstc09
14 years ago

"It is what it is," Woodson said. "I don't cry about those things. Could they have called it? Probably. But I just give those guys credit. They made the plays they needed to make. And that's the bottom line."

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/11/packers-dont-blame-officials/ 

"marstc09" wrote:

Thanks for your contribution to the board, antagonistic Vikings fan #452.

Your membership is only 794.....so over half are Vikings fans?
UserPostedImage
PurplePride.org
14 years ago
In the world. You're actually in a rather select group! Most Vikings fans aren't smart enough to be antagonistic.
UserPostedImage
musccy
14 years ago
excellent post Wade...my sentiments exactly.

I get what people are saying about protecting the QB, and those were some botched calls, but we're all teetering on the edge of soundling like whinny fans here. If Rodgers hits a wide open jennings on 1st down, and there are no hits to the head that we're complaining about and blaming the outcome of the game on.

*Disclaimer* Rodgers was the reason we even got to OT, so I'm not blaming him, just saying players dictate the outcome.
warhawk
14 years ago
This was a game where the last team that had the ball was going to win and IMO the refs blew the game. Period. Sure, there were plenty of reasons why we did not get a W yesterday but it's had to swallow when the refs miss a two obvious calls especially when the first one leaves them 2nd and 20 deep in on our own end of the field.

I guess all the talk about protecting players and doing everything they can to assure the safety of the player is just talk. Rodgers is one tough SOB to get hit smack in the face like that and get up and keep playing.

There was absolutely no evidence produced by Arizona that the Packers would not take the ball down and score. We scored, what, five time in a row leading up to the coin flip?

The Packers started out slowly, dug themselves a huge hole, but you have to be proud of the no quit attitude the offense took up in this game.

Either team deserved to win this game but neither team should have lost based on the officials standing there not calling obvious fouls. The hit to Rodgers headgear was no less blatant than the hold on Colledge.
"The train is leaving the station."
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
I just had the feeling while in the game chat, that we scored to soon that the end of the game. I was hoping for about 45 seconds remaining instead of 1:45.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
TheEngineer
14 years ago
I agree. I would have liked to see 2 run plays before 2 pass plays to try and win the game. Then you go for a 2 point conversion, and that should leave around 30 seconds, or 1:30 with 1 ARI timeout left.
blank
DakotaT
14 years ago

excellent post Wade...my sentiments exactly.

I get what people are saying about protecting the QB, and those were some botched calls, but we're all teetering on the edge of soundling like whinny fans here. If Rodgers hits a wide open jennings on 1st down, and there are no hits to the head that we're complaining about and blaming the outcome of the game on.

"musccy" wrote:

And if Rackers nails a very makeable field goal... This is hardly the topic here. What is the topic is that the refs flat out blew two calls against the Packers in overtime that had a very negative effect on the outcome of the game. In fact, that fantastic game is tainted because of of the head official.

In the playoffs, you are suppose to have the best crews, not guys that blow calls like that with unubstructed views. Nothing we can now but vent a little bit. I see no harm at all in that.
UserPostedImage
evad04
14 years ago
I'm not prepared to make any definitive statement about our chances in that game.

I won't say "don't complain about the calls, it's on our defense!"

I won't say "it's on the blown calls, that's the difference in the game!"

More plays could have been made. That's true. But it's hard to deny the potential impact of a handful of penalties -- particularly the 15-yard variety, and particularly the two plays in overtime.

It doesn't have to be an all-or-nothing issue. It isn't either just the defenses fault or Rodgers for not making the throw in OT or the refs for blowing some calls. We lost based on a confluence of factors. It just seems to me people prefer the narrative to have a singular explanation. Umm... the score was 51-45 -- clearly there were SEVERAL moments that led to that outcome.

Vikings fans who want to pour it on us are free to. I can't remember the last time I regarded one of their thoughts as pertinent or interesting. 😉
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (7h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (7h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (8h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (8h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (23h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (23h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (23h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
24m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

22h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.