British
14 years ago
One crumb of comfort for me today was thinking about that midget defensive back for the Arizona Cardinals who got out jumped by Finley for a TD in the last regular season game.

I love J-Fin, he's going to be an elite TE, if he's not already there.

But I really hated the way when he caught the TD pass he just stood there and stared mockingly at this little midget 2nd stringer.

That left a bad taste in my mouth and a small part of me was glad today that the little guy had the last laugh.

If you have as much physical, naturally God given talent as Finley has you don't need to rub your lesser opponents face in it when you beat him.

I don't see Jennings mocking inferior CBs when he beats them for TDs.

If I was a Cards player that video clip would have been enough to motivate me to go out and stick it to the Pack.

I'm sure Finley is a decent guy, he's still extremely young, (could still be in college) and he's had some minor immaturity issues early on so I don't mean to be overly critical.

Also, he could probably have a brilliantly successful career and be a complete jerk. Loads of NFL players go that route.

But I just hope he grows up a bit and shows a little more class.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
Doesn't Finley usually just stand up strong when he scores. Could this just be the DB in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Will have to watch it again.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
digsthepack
14 years ago
Never seen him taunt anyone...not even giving a little lip service.
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago
I was fine by that. You make a spectacular play like that, you are pumped.

I took that glare to mean more of a "child, please - you thought you could defend me?" type of sentiment. Nothing cocky; I actually kinda like him with that quasi-Superman type stare. Show the defender you are serious, show him he was silly trying to think he could compete with you. Demoralize him. Intimidate your opponent.

You make big plays like those, then you earn the right to stare coldly at your opponent.

My biggest worry is that he lets success go to his head and gets too cocky and wants a huge contract extension. He's young, so you have to wonder how he handles this success.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
I really though Finley conducted himself extremely well this year after the bad rap he got last season. He doesn't celebrate much usually just walks back and tosses the ball to the official
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
djcubez
14 years ago
I liked it, everyone that was watching it with me laughed. As long as he doesn't taunt the guy I think he's deserving of a little intimidation.
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

I really though Finley conducted himself extremely well this year after the bad rap he got last season. He doesn't celebrate much usually just walks back and tosses the ball to the official

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

Totally agree.

But this was a break out year for him. He worked hard in the off-season; what about this year now that he has tasted success? Does he continue to strive for excellence, or does he ease up a little bit?

And then there are the probowls that he should make if he continues to perform like that. You know agents are going to fully recruit him and whisper sweet nothings about him deserving to be paid a lot more - and said agent can get him!

He is very, very young. He has just tasted success. Where does he proceed from here, is my question.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
sorrule
14 years ago
I love it, just the packers being dominant. Not really mocking at all in my eyes.
blank
shield4life
14 years ago

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

Totally agree.

But this was a break out year for him. He worked hard in the off-season; what about this year now that he has tasted success? Does he continue to strive for excellence, or does he ease up a little bit?

And then there are the probowls that he should make if he continues to perform like that. You know agents are going to fully recruit him and whisper sweet nothings about him deserving to be paid a lot more - and said agent can get him!

He is very, very young. He has just tasted success. Where does he proceed from here, is my question.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

We shouldn't worry to much about how he will handle it cause success = SB. We're going to the SB next year boys 🙂 .
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
porky88
14 years ago
1996 team had Andre Rison and Eugene Robinson on it. Guys not known for their class.

This is nothing new. I think it's alright as long as he doesn't talk, but look at Chad Johnson. He does things too, but it's all fun and games with him.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (49m) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (7h) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
51m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.