blueleopard
14 years ago
You act like you've seen every Chargers game.

The guy is 25. He has room for mistakes. Like Rodgers, he hasn't even entered his prime yet.

You want to get a rookie, who's likely a mere three years younger than Cromartie who is guaranteed to make a lot more bonehead plays than Cromartie will.

"Use a 2nd on a CB."

LOL. The last time we drafted a good corner was Mike McKenzie. We all know how that turned out.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Rockmolder
14 years ago

You act like you've seen every Chargers game.

The guy is 25. He has room for mistakes. Like Rodgers, he hasn't even entered his prime yet.

You want to get a rookie, who's likely a mere three years younger than Cromartie who is guaranteed to make a lot more bonehead plays than Cromartie will.

"Use a 2nd on a CB."

LOL. The last time we drafted a good corner was Mike McKenzie. We all know how that turned out.

"blueleopard" wrote:

I make up my opinion on the plays and games that I have seen, not the ones I haven't. If you like him, I suppose that you've seen every Chargers game, as well? Makes just as little sense.

He might not have hit his prime, but he's been in the league for 4 years. By that time, you can usually see how a player turns out. The rookie mistakes should be gone, the boneheaded plays should be drastically reduced. He might be 25, but this is something totally else than a rookie.

The last time we drafted a good OT was in 2000. They're still starting. We've drafted quite a few after that in Barbre, Colledge etc. That didn't turn out too great. Maybe we should stay clear of drafting OTs, as well.

Next to that, Underwood has tons of potential. We drafted him just last year. We don't know about Lee yet. He's been banged up.

Where do you see Cromartie fitting in? I know that it's been said that he should be bumped to Nickel, but where do you want Williams? As our dime corner? The man is a potential starter on quite a few teams. I know that you want to get as deep a CB group as you can, but getting Cromartie is nowhere near a priority to us. With Woodson - Harris - Williams - Underwood - Lee - Blackmon - Bush I doubt that we even have to draft anyone.

I'll take those boneheaded rookie plays out of our 5th corner. I don't want my nickel/starter to make those same plays. Especially not after 4 years in the league. If you want to take him, you most likely go by a 2007 year in which he feasted on a lot of lesser players when he wasn't the starter and some flukey things that went his way. After seeing him as the real starter for 2 years after that, you can safely say that 2007 was nothing more than a fluke year.
Packers_Finland
14 years ago
I've watched a couple of the Chargers games this season (mostly to see LT play), but Cromartie has been solid. Nothing like he was a couple of seasons ago, but a solid corner.
This is a placeholder
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

Next to that, Underwood has tons of potential. We drafted him just last year. We don't know about Lee yet. He's been banged up.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Excellent point. Lee, coming out, was said to have potential. Mike Mayock was very high on him, saying he had the tools to play man, press-man, or zone. Coming out of the college all-star practices, Mayock had Lee rated as his #1 CB.

Coaches have spoken that they are very high on Underwood; in a top-100 prospects list compiled by Bob McGinn of the JS based on what scouts and personnel men were saying, Underwood was on that list.

On top of that, early whispering have this draft being one of the deeper ones recently. Picks should be kept, if that is the case.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
porky88
14 years ago

You get him and this allows you to bring Al Harris back slowly from his injury, but when he does come back, he can go to being the nickel back which is pretty much a starter in this defense anyways considering how much nickel Dom Capers likes to play. It also bumps Tramon Williams to the dime back.

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

If you are going to make Al a Nickel CB, you might as well cut him; as Charles Woodson said: "Al don't do nickel" (after the Cowboys loss in 07).

There is a reason that Al came back as starter last year after his injury - despite Tramon playing very well in place of Al.

There is a reason that against the Cowboys in 07, they ran trips bunch formation and made Al play out of the slot - Al's strength in man coverage are most vulnerable from the slot position.

I'd much rather have Merriman, because he comes in and fills an immediate need: pass rusher.

"porky88" wrote:

When Al is on the field, Woodson could easily cover the slot guy. Harris would be the 3rd corner. I also think if Harris had the choice of playing for his salary with the Packers in 2010 or getting released, he'd stick with GB. He won't make much on the open market coming off of an injury.

If I had a choice between Harris and Antonio Cromartie, I'd take Cromartie. Tons of talent. I was very very high on him in the 06 draft. I had him ranked as one of the ten best players. He hasn't played up to his level yet, but he did set the bar very high in 2007.

If you can get him, I say get him. I much rather have Merrimen too, but that doesn't mean I won't take Cromartie if an oppurtunity presented itself.
warhawk
14 years ago
I think we are putting the cart in front of the horse.

The first thing that Ted Thompson has to figure out is who is staying and who is going and what is left in the kitty. If Clifton and Kampman are not going to stay than that free's up some cash to deal with Pickett, Jolly, Collins, etc. and then it will get clearer what is left to bargain with here.

IMO I think the Packers feel they have some talent in Underwood and Lee and quite honestly if they are going to spring for a large contract player I would much rather see that money spent on somebody that can get after the QB.

Our pass rush was inconsistant this year and we lost games where we could not produce in this area so for me I don't care who we could get at CB they are only going to be as effective as the rush produced.

Our ILB'rs and LOLB did not get after the QB close to what you see other top 3-4 teams get so that is what I see as the primary concern to deal with personnel wise.
"The train is leaving the station."
Felipe7777777
14 years ago
I would not want to trade for Cro, im from San Diego and everyone in my family is a Charger fan but me so that means i watch Charger games regardless and this dude runs away from contact its pretty ridiculous and sad, and the last time he was a "ballhawking CB" was when he had 10 picks i think 2006-2007 cant remember that well and that's it other than that dude gets burned WAY too many times and is not a sure tackler (or a tackler at all judging from the SHonn Greene TD and the 4th and 1 the jets ran at the end of the game where everyone dove into the pile to try and stuff him BUT Cro) like Rock said i wouldnt mind seeing Merriman because once healthy he cant be stopped...
blank
Yerko
14 years ago
I don't know why a majority wants Cromartie. I feel that we are okay with skill and depth at corner.
Woodson is #1
Harris (gut feeling he will be 100%) is #2
Williams is #3 and can easily be #2 if Harris is not brought back or not 100%. I like this guy.

Then we have Underwood and a hopefully healthy Pat Lee at #4 and #5, with a draft prospect @ #6 (notice there is no Bush in this scenario).

And in other cases, we have other areas that need to be tended to...cornerback is not one of them.
UserPostedImage
TengoJuego
14 years ago
I thought Underwood was a rookie this season?

I'm anxious to see how Lee turns out. And its time for Bush to get to steppin. Josh Bell right behind him possibly, especially if we draft a corner this offseason.
djcubez
14 years ago
Underwood was a rookie.

What I've thought about was if we were to grab another CB, not necessarily Cromartie it might be worth it to try putting Woodson at Safety over Bigby. That way we could have Harris, Tramon, Woodson, Collins and said CB on the field during nickel.

We also have quite a few wild cards at CB with Blackmon and Pat Lee coming off IR and Underwood with a whole rookie season under his belt. Not to mention Bush and Bell are still on the roster (until FA starts).

To me safety is in a worse position that cornerback on this team. Bigby is so-so at best and behind him and Collins we have no one. I also believe a lot of our problems were not due to coverage but lack of a pass rush, so improving our roster in that area would probably be more beneficial.

In honesty I'm not really a fan of adding players through trade or free agency because it's almost as much of a wild card as the draft, not to mention it costs a lot more. I usually like free agency acquisitions that are veteran players who have been in the league long enough to know how it works and have a few years left in the tank.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (48m) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (4h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (5h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (7h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (7h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (8h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

46m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

49m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.