• Veteran Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
Quarterbacks
1. Sam Bradford, Oklahoma
2. Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame
3. Tony Pike, Cincinnati
4. Colt McCoy, Texas
5. Tim Tebow, Florida

Analysis: The debate between Bradford and Clausen will be a hot topic leading up to the 2010 draft. Clausen, has all the physical tools scouts look for, but he's been over-hyped since his days as a college recruit. He quieted some of that talk with his brilliant 2009 season, but inconsistencies won't go unnoticed. Bradford, lacks the physical tools that Clausen has, but makes up for it with his football intelligence. I think if his health checks out well, he's the better of the two. Tebow and McCoy are more highly touted, but Pike has better size, arm and mechanics than both of them.

Running Backs
1. C.J. Spiller, Clemson
2. Jonathan Dwyer, Georgia Tech
3. Jahvid Best, California
4. Ryan Matthews, Fresno State
5. Joe McKnight, Southern California

Analysis: Spiller is your typical all-purpose back. He can run, catch and factor in the return game. The one concern will be whether or not he's built to run up the middle. Reggie Bush found out the hard way that running between the tackles in the NFL is brutal. I prefer Dwyer to either Best or Matthews because he's one of the hardest runners to come out in recent memory. Best, lacks the size teams look for in their back and he'll need a solid Combine to solidify his status as a first-round pick.

Receivers
1. Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State
2. Arrelious Benn, Illinois
3. Golden Tate, Notre Dame
4. Damian Williams, Southern California
5. Marcus Gilyard, Cincinnati

Analysis: It's a relatively weak class of receivers, but at the top the talent is there. Bryant, is arguably on the same level as San Francisco's 2009 first-round pick, Michael Crabtree. Like Crabtree, he should figure into the top 15. Benn, possess some amazing skills, but he doesn't have the production to back those skills up. However, he played at Illinois where their quarterback woes likely contributed to his problems putting up big collegiate stats. I think he'll clearly end up being one of the two best receivers to come from this draft class. Gilyard's special teams value is very high and that could propel him over Tate and Williams come April.

Tight Ends
1. Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma
2. Rob Gronkowski, Arizona
3. Aaron Hernandez, Florida
4. Ed Dickson, Oregon
5. Dennis Pitta, BYU

Analysis: This tight end class has a chance to be one of the strongest in years. Gresham is one of best receiving tight end threats to come out of the draft recently. Teams that like to spread their tight end out wide will covet him as long as he's healthy. A lot of people value Florida's Hernandez, but Gronkowski is a more complete player due to his size. He'll get off of contact much better, whereas Hernandez, may struggle when teams knock him around at the line of scrimmage.

Offensive Tackles
1. Russell Okung, Oklahoma State
2. Bryan Bulaga, Iowa
3. Trent Williams, Oklahoma
4. Anthony Davis, Rutgers
5. Bruce Campbell, Maryland

Analysis: The 2010 Draft may go down as "The Draft of the Tackle". Okung is a potential franchise left tackle at the next level. He might be the most polished offensive lineman to come out since Joe Thomas a few years back. Pundits, will go nuts about Maryland's Campbell due to his potential workouts, but Bulaga is the guy to watch leading up to the draft. He played in a pro offense at Iowa and his technique is top notch. I think he has top ten potential and is on the same level as Okung. Williams and Davis should figure into round one somewhere. In the case of Williams, watch out for questions on whether or not Williams projects to be a left tackle or a right tackle. If a team sees him as a right tackle only, it'll hurt his draft stock.

Offensive Guards/Centers
1. Mike Iupati, Idaho
2. Maurkice Pouncey, Florida
3. Jon Asamoah, Illinois
4. Mike Johnson, Alabama
5. J.D. Walton, Baylor

Analysis: Iupati's hype has begun. He's climbing draft boards fast and with a good showing at the Senior Bowl, he could be the talk of draft "experts" everywhere. If he proves to teams that he's a potential left tackle, he has top 20 written all over him. Another potential first-rounder is Pouncey of Florida. He has the big frame that could anchor a team that likes a lot of beef up front. He also adds the versatility teams look for when drafting interior offensive lineman.

Defensive Ends
1. Derrick Morgan, Georgia Tech
2. Jason Pierre-Paul, South Florida
3. Jerry Hughes, TCU
4. Everson Griffen, Southern California
5. Carlos Dunlap, Florida

Analysis: If there is another position this draft has a chance to become known for, it's defensive ends. The class is lead by Morgan, who has a ton of versatility. He can rush the passer with the best of them, but he's proven to be pretty stout against the run too. Pierre-Paul is expected to workout very well and could climb draft boards after the NFL Combine. It's worth noting that Hughes could be a linebacker at the next level. If he workouts well, 3-4 teams would love to add him as a pass rusher from the outside. That's where I like him. Griffen, also has a ton of talent and should go in round one after he put everything together this season. Don't be surprised if Dunlap falls due to character issues. He's arguably the most talented of the bunch, but he's been an underachiever.

Defensive Tackles
1. Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska
2. Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma
3. Brian Price, UCLA
4. Dan Williams, Tennessee
5. Terrence Cody, Alabama

Analysis: The drafts two best players likely play the same position. Suh is probably the most disruptive tackle to come out in along time. Normally, tackles usually take along time to develop at the pro level, but he could have an impact right away. If Suh wasn't in this draft, McCoy would be talked about as a potential No. 1 overall pick. It'd be a surprise to not see both in the top five. Don't sleep on the rest of the names listed. Price and Williams both figure in round one and 3-4 teams will covet Cody as a potential nose guard.

Outside Linebackers
1. Sergio Kindle, Texas
2. Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri
3. Navorro Bowman, Penn State
4. Eric Norwood, South Carolina
5. Rennie Curran, Georgia

Analysis: I was a huge Brian Orakpo fan last year. He was my No. 4 overall player on my final player rankings. It shouldn't be a shocker that I'm on the Kindle bandwagon then. Like Orakpo, Kindle's a pass rushing linebacker that could project to the 3-4. He doesn't have the bulk or strength that Orakpo has, but he's a raw pass rusher and teams love that. Weatherspoon and Bowman will likely lead the pack for 4-3 teams. Depending the scheme, teams may differ on the two. Weatherspoon would probably fit well in an aggressive 4-3 defense, whereas Bowman, has "Tampa 2" written all over him.

Inside Linebackers
1. Rolando McClain, Alabama
2. Brandon Spikes, Florida
3. Daryl Washington, TCU
4. Sean Lee, Penn State
5. Micah Johnson, Kentucky

Analysis: Last year, McClain and Spikes were pretty much regarded as 1A and 1B among college inside backers. That has clearly changed this year. McClain, has clearly separated himself from the pack. He has ideal size for a middle linebacker and will get looks from teams who need to upgrade the middle of their defense. He's powerful against the run and I think he's already the frontrunner for defensive rookie of the year in 2010. Spikes, has seen his stock drop a bit, but he's by no means out of the picture. A team who needs help inside, particularly in the 3-4, will give him a strong look in the first-round. Don't be shocked if Washington sneaks in round one as well. 4-3 teams may prefer him over Spikes.

Corners
1. Joe Haden, Florida
2. Kyle Wilson, Boise State
3. Kareem Jackson, Alabama
4. Patrick Robinson, Florida State
5. Trevard Lindley, Kentucky

Analysis: The best corner in the draft is Haden. I don't even think it's close. He has a ton of talent and probably is better than any corner that came out a year ago. After the years Darrelle Revis of the N.Y. Jets, and Charles Woodson of the Green Bay Packers had, teams will likely covet corners much more in this draft. Expect Haden to go in the top ten. The rest of the pack listed is somewhat cluttered together. In the end, I like Wilson to emerge from the pack. He has the best cover skills of the bunch and despite his size, he's physical.

Safeties
1. Eric Berry, Tennessee
2. Taylor Mays, Southern California
3. Earl Thomas, Texas
4. Chad Jones, Louisiana State
5. Larry Asante, Nebraska

Analysis: Berry, joins Haden as the two elite defensive backs in this draft. He has Ed Reed like range and that won't be the last you read that comparison. He's all but certain to go in the top ten and possibly the top five. Mays is a physical "freak". He has a combination of size and speed that is scary. His numbers aren't great, but with the proper coaching, he could have a huge impact in the NFL. Thomas is the lesser known of the first-round safeties, but he's a ballhawk and a bigger playmaker than Mays.

Overall Rankings
1. Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
2. Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
3. Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
4. Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
5. Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama
6. Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
7. Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
8. Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
9. Joe Haden, CB, Florida
10. Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
11. Taylor Mays, S, Southern California
12. Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
13. Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
14. Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida
15. Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
16. Sergio Kindle, LB Texas
17. C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
18. Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida
19. Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
20. Jerry Hughes, DE/LB, TCU
21. Earl Thomas, S, Texas
22. Everson Griffen, DE, Southern California
23. Brian Price, DT, UCLA
24. Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech
25. Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
26. Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida
27. Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
28. Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
29. Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois
30. Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan

http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/articles/index.php?id=875 
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Great job, Porky. This is a very usefull thread.

Nice write up on the QB situation. I think that the Rams will fall in love with Clausen's physical tools. If they don't, and go with Suh, the next team that needs a QB will be the Redskins. I'm pretty sure that Shanahan will go for Clausen, as well.

But this is a player ranking, not a mock draft. With that being the case, you can't go wrong with either QB.

Running Backs are a tough bunch to grade. Spiller and Best barely play the same position as Dwyer. If you're going to rank Spiller first, it'd only figure to me that you put down Best as the second guy. If you're looking at pure RBs, Dwyer should be leading that list.

Imo, of course.

Damian Williams at 4 is one I found interesting. Especially Golden Tate over him.

Nice write-up on the tackles. I'd put Trent Williams down at least one pick. Nice points on Bulaga. If he just shows a little at the combine, it'll be very unlikely that he'll fall to us. With Charles Brown and Selvish Capers in the mix, this is one strong tackle group.

The DE group is pretty amazing, as well. That Brandon Graham can't crack that list says a whole lot. I had Hughes going to the Jets at 29, but I could imagine that we'd take him. I'm quite interested in seeing where Pierre-Paul will end up.

Interesting to see Kindle over Weatherspoon. That kid is making some jumps. If he keeps this up, it'll be yet another DE/OLB guy that makes the first round. With the DE pool being as deep as it is, I see him being pushed into the 2nd while Weatherspoon goes in the late 1st, though.

Lastly, the CB list. I can see that you let out Perrish Cox. He's just in that big pack of 2nd round corners. I wonder why you left out Donovan Warren, though. Kyle Wilson might sneak into the 1st round with the Senior Bowl he's having, but I don't see him just going by Donovan Warren, who should go somewhere middle to late 1st round the way it looks now.

Again, great job, Porky. +1.
dfosterf
14 years ago
Not one single wtf moment for me. In something as (potentially and usually) as extremely subjective as this, that's pretty amazing.

Great job, Porky!

+1
porky88
  • porky88
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
I think there will be a run on corners in round two so there are guys unlisted that are right on the cusp of cracking my top five. Warren is interesting. Tons of talent, but inconsistent in my view.

I'm sold on Spiller being an impact pro. Not so much on Best. I have reservations about him. I think Dwyer might be the best 20-plus carry guy in the draft. A team like San Diego would take him ahead of say Spiller and Best due to the presence of Sproles. A team like well Green Bay would probably pass on Dwyer in favor of a more speedy back.

Unless it's Spiller, I don't think GB takes a back in round one though.

This is the first batch. I adjust rankings up until the draft.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago
great job. i don't know a whole lot about college players coast to coast. i like to check back after Gb has made a selection and see.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago
I don't know **** about college, but looking at what's there, I say we draft either a DT, OT, or DE in the first round.

Heh. Maybe even get rid of some extra picks and do what we did last year and get two first round picks. Heck, look at the difference CM3 made last year. One more solid pass rusher and our D instantly bumps up a notch or two.

+1 to Porky for the research.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Rockmolder
14 years ago

I think there will be a run on corners in round two so there are guys unlisted that are right on the cusp of cracking my top five. Warren is interesting. Tons of talent, but inconsistent in my view.

I'm sold on Spiller being an impact pro. Not so much on Best. I have reservations about him. I think Dwyer might be the best 20-plus carry guy in the draft. A team like San Diego would take him ahead of say Spiller and Best due to the presence of Sproles. A team like well Green Bay would probably pass on Dwyer in favor of a more speedy back.

Unless it's Spiller, I don't think GB takes a back in round one though.

This is the first batch. I adjust rankings up until the draft.

"porky88" wrote:

Ok, fair enough, I was just wondering about some of these points.

Again, great ranking. This is some helpfull stuff.
Packers_Finland
14 years ago
Nice job porky... I disagree about Clausen though. He will be the first pick, and rightfully so.
This is a placeholder
go.pack.go.
14 years ago
Reading all of these rankings is starting to make me VERY impatient. I can't wait until draft day rolls around. I would love to see any of the following players come to us in the first round, and I'm trying to be realistic (with the exception of a few...):

-C.J. Spiller
-Brian Bulaga
-Mike Lupati
-Terrence Cody (someone that we haven't been mentioning....but he would be perfect for the nose)
-Mike Lupati
-Jerry Hughes

There are many more, but I am having a brain fart right now...and by the way, these were in no specific order.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (3h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (4h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (19h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (19h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (20h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (20h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.