IronMan
14 years ago

I bet you buy the chicks at the bar drinks thinking your going to get laid too. :icon_smile:

Maybe I am a little menstral today, Mrs Dakota is under the knife right now. Sorry for being a jackass.

"dfosterf" wrote:

Wait a tick, buying a chick a beer increases your chances? I was told I needed to buy shots before a chick gave me a chance!! Damn them!!!

Seriously, I hope she pulls through 100%.

"wpr" wrote:

Agreed. Here's to a quick recovery for Mrs D.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Get well soon, Mrs. Dakota!

"DakotaT" wrote:

Here's to a speedy recovery!
DakotaT
14 years ago
Calm down, it's a tummy tuck. Apparantly having 12 pounds of double little Dakota's by c-section ruined her hotness. My problem is the next two weeks or her doing absolutely nothing telling me she's in pain. When I had my appendix out, she left the next day for a Minneapolis shopping trip. Women, yeah I said it 4Packgirl, Heather, and Packerchick.

There may be quite a few more "jackass" moments ahead of us, but that is what I rely on all of you for. Talk to later, I have to go get the kids and then pick up the Mrs.

If there are any young single guys out there, stay away from the blonde princesses. They cost lots of money, and nobody will understand how you managed to marry one anyway.
UserPostedImage
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago

Okay, okay - I apologize for my hyperbole (I'll never understand why everyone else gets to use it, but I'll keep my butthurt-ness to myself :pottytrain2: ). I'll amend my statement: I'm mystified by how many are reluctant to give the kid a contract. I do know that the money is not infinite - I also know that the safety position is pretty damn crucial and dude is the only good one we've got. And I will add a question: If the team can't/won't pay Collins*, why are we talking about guys like Ryan Clark, or even discussing any improvement @ the safety position? Clark is the only possible FA that even comes close to Collins, and they'd have to pay him, too. In my (probably flawed) opinion, quality safety play is key to any defensive improvement; Collins is the only guy providing that, at this point.

I also think it might be nice (yeah, I said it) to show him some freakin' love. He didn't hold out last year, he's laid it all out on the field for two years, and I just personally think he's earned it. Now, if he and his agent demand that he become the highest-paid safety in the league, well then I might think differently.

*I will insist until my death that on occasion a team has to over-pay for a player. They over-paid to move up to take Matthews, but I can't blame them, given the lift he provided. Do I think that paying a Collins more than his play strictly merits is a great thing? No. Do I think that such a thing is sometimes necessary to compete? Yep.

"dfosterf" wrote:

I'll try this one.

Since you are backing off and going to "reluctant", I promise not to wipe out any schoolkids in frustration, lol

We might need to make some roster moves, re-negotiate some contracts, make other decisions based on how THOSE negotiations proceed...IN ORDER TO show Nick the love. I would submit that this is the most LIKELY scenario, when you factor in our Kampy situation, our Cliffy situation, etc.

You agree that this is a possible scenario? The organization may have decided that it is better to (finally?) sit down in earnest with Nick and his agent AFTER they clear up the other issues as best as possible. I would do it that way if I were them. To go "Nick first"-- You just might hose yourself out of some very valuable cogs in the wheel..and multiple cogs, too.

(We got Kampy getting top 5 money in the other thread even as I post this)

"ILikeThePackers39" wrote:

Sure, I can go with that. Honestly, I'm a little more reluctant to make Kampy a top priority and give him top 5 money than I am to pay Collins, but yeah - as long as they're communicating with him in good faith, I'm even okay with some sort of "Nick, we love you and we'll pay you through the roof - next year. This year we need to get these other guys locked up" agreement. I think w/ a player like Collins, what he wants most is to feel like his team values him and his play, so something along the lines of what you're talking about would be pretty doable. I hope.

And here's a Get Well Mrs. D from me, as well.
blank
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago

If there are any young single guys out there, stay away from the blonde princesses. They cost lots of money, and nobody will understand how you managed to marry one anyway.

"DakotaT" wrote:

Yeah, leave 'em for us single geezers.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
DakotaT
14 years ago
Well, Mrs. Dakota is home and resting, but she's as loopy as Spicoli in History class. Everything went well but she walked in the house like a 90 year old Granny.

This is not going to be pretty folks, just call me Orderly Dakota for a couple weeks.

Thanks for all the warm wishes.
UserPostedImage
GermanGilbert
14 years ago

Well, Mrs. Dakota is home and resting, but she's as loopy as Spicoli in History class. Everything went well but she walked in the house like a 90 year old Granny.

This is not going to be pretty folks, just call me Orderly Dakota for a couple weeks.

Thanks for all the warm wishes.

"DakotaT" wrote:

:onfloor: +1 for that. a good laugh at the end of the day.

all the best for granny dakota, of course
blank
porky88
14 years ago
You definitely want to keep Nick Collins around. He's a playmaker in the secondary and this has been two years running now. He can be out of position at times, but he wasn't the one responsible for the Steeler and Cardinal outings. Those teams spread the field and attacked the Packer defense. Collins can only be in so many places at once. He's probably a top ten safety in the league and you don't let a top ten player, whom is still very young, get away.

He is an RFA though so he'll get the highest level tendered which is why he doesn't have be a priority. GB can do a deal with him in the Summer much like they did with Greg Jennings or even Ryan Grant. Remember, Grant was an exclusive rights free agent and the Pack got a deal done with him in August a few years back.

I think the Packers will probably keep most of their guys. It sounds like they want Kampman back too. That's interesting.

I wouldn't get to worked up about it. Tauscher and Green won't get a lot of looks on the open market if any at all. They definitely overvalue Clifton IMO, but I don't see anything wrong with giving him a chance to keep his job.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

You definitely want to keep Nick Collins around. He's a playmaker in the secondary and this has been two years running now. He can be out of position at times, but he wasn't the one responsible for the Steeler and Cardinal outings. Those teams spread the field and attacked the Packer defense. Collins can only be in so many places at once. He's probably a top ten safety in the league and you don't let a top ten player, whom is still very young, get away.

He is an RFA though so he'll get the highest level tendered which is why he doesn't have be a priority. GB can do a deal with him in the Summer much like they did with Greg Jennings or even Ryan Grant. Remember, Grant was an exclusive rights free agent and the Pack got a deal done with him in August a few years back.

I think the Packers will probably keep most of their guys. It sounds like they want Kampman back too. That's interesting.

I wouldn't get to worked up about it. Tauscher and Green won't get a lot of looks on the open market if any at all. They definitely overvalue Clifton IMO, but I don't see anything wrong with giving him a chance to keep his job.

"porky88" wrote:

I never question your posts Porky. You are a venerated wise sage.
It is true you want to keep a top ten safety. But what if he is a "7 or 8" and wants # "1 or 2" kind of money? Of course he is a RFA which helps. But if he is willing to sit for a while then what?
UserPostedImage
porky88
14 years ago

"wpr" wrote:

I never question your posts Porky. You are a venerated wise sage.
It is true you want to keep a top ten safety. But what if he is a "7 or 8" and wants # "1 or 2" kind of money? Of course he is a RFA which helps. But if he is willing to sit for a while then what?

"porky88" wrote:

It depends on whether or not you think he can develop into a top five player at his position. I think some would argue he already is. He has great range and he's a ballhawk. I thought his run support improved quite a bit this season, so that's encouraging. If you believe in the player and his development, then I think overpaying is fine. It's similar to what they do with draft picks right now. Clay Matthews wasn't worth his contract right away, but now it looks like a bargain.

If you think Collins has peaked right now, then maybe you back off.

I believe Ed Reed will make 7 or 8 million next year. I think you start with that number and work your way down.

I'd lock him up though. I don't think he's the problem in the secondary. I think players like Atari Bigby, Tramon Williams, Jarrett Bush, and the pass rush were more of the problem than Nick Collins. I really feel like he's one of the younger "Packer Foundation" players.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I'd lock him up though. I don't think he's the problem in the secondary. I think players like Atari Bigby, Tramon Williams, Jarrett Bush, and the pass rush were more of the problem than Nick Collins. I really feel like he's one of the younger "Packer Foundation" players.

"porky88" wrote:

I'm going to agree with this as it reminds me of us losing another ball hawking safety was doing pretty well when he left us. You can watch him play in the Super Bowl in just over a week's time.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (3h) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (3h) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (3h) : fuck
beast (4h) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (4h) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (4h) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (4h) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (5h) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (5h) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (5h) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (5h) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (5h) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (6h) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (7h) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (7h) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (7h) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (7h) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
35m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

36m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.