buckeyepackfan
14 years ago
I hope Ted gets a deal done with Collins or....

Greg Bedard - Better hope Sharp didn't whisper in his ear: Pack wont pay u RT @espn_nfcnblog: Collins and Sharper bond -

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/9640/collins-and-sharper-bond 

Other notes from KFFL

Packers | Could offer Spitz second-round tender
Sun, 31 Jan 2010 19:29:55 -0800

Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports the Green Bay Packers could offer C Jason Spitz a second-round tender if he becomes a restricted free agent this offseason. The Packers would receive a second-round draft pick if another team signed Spitz and the Packers refused to match the offer.

Packers | Green questionable to return to team next year
Sun, 31 Jan 2010 19:29:27 -0800

Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers RB Ahman Green might not return to the team for next season. The Packers may decide to draft a running back this offseason to replace him.

Packers | Two could get looked at as starters at ORT
Sun, 31 Jan 2010 19:29:01 -0800

Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers OT T.J. Lang and OT Breno Giacomini could get looked at as starters at right tackle this offseason.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
blueleopard
14 years ago
People keep saying we go tackle in the first round, but I really wouldn't mind a Jahvid Best or C.J. Spiller.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
14 years ago
A tackle at #23 most likely won't help us out much in 2010. Plus I am not very fond of the ones we could get there.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
Collins was paid 3.45 million in 09'. Tender him and he will get 4.15. He will get signed, I am pretty sure Ted is waiting to see if a new Cap will be coming soon, and wants to be able to do a long term deal that is best for that cap setup.

Pretty hard to plan when the future in unknown.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
bozz_2006
14 years ago
While that's true enough, Thompson believes there are positions that you sink heavy money into if you can lock down a star player (LT, QB, CB, DL) and there are positions that he believes you should not pay huge money for (RB, WR, G, and S). We'll see if he sticks to that belief or not. Sorry, no link to prove that, I'm tired and have to be at work early tomorrow so I will not be searching for the proof right now.
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

While that's true enough, Thompson believes there are positions that you sink heavy money into if you can lock down a star player (LT, QB, CB, DL) and there are positions that he believes you should not pay huge money for (RB, WR, G, and S). .

"bozz_2006" wrote:

See the problem with that theory is that he's shelled out huge money to RBs and WRs.

Grant got something like a 4 year 28 million dollar contract.

On top of that, Greg Jennings received a 3 year 27 million dollar extension.

Even still, Driver has had his contract renegotiated something like 3 years in a row.

I know a lot of reporters imply that Ted's approach is to be cost conscious at a lot of positions where good talent is not terribly hard to find... but the fact is Ted has shown he is willing to reward players if they produce and he feels constitute the core of the team.

Collins is the best S in the NFC North, for sure. He is right up there also, if not already the top S, in the NFC. Collins real value comes not from being just a S, but being a Safety who has proven he can single cover both WRs and TEs. That's impressive, as is Collins skill set. I find it real hard to believe that Ted will not spend big money to keep Collins - he's a rare player.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
zombieslayer
14 years ago
Sharper is the best S in the NFC. #1 in INTs, INT TDs, INT yardage, 18 more tackles than Collins in 2 less games. But yes, Collins is the best S in our division, that's fo shizzle.

We keep Collins. Ted Thompson would be a fool not to resign him. Our D needs to improve, not get worse.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
DakotaT
14 years ago
Good Lord, did anyone see Darlene's pathetic attempt at an open field tackle on Addai yesterday? The Matador returns. There's a lot more to playing safety than jumping passing routes, and that is why Sharper was cut.
UserPostedImage
14 years ago

Sharper is the best S in the NFC. #1 in INTs, INT TDs, INT yardage, 18 more tackles than Collins in 2 less games. But yes, Collins is the best S in our division, that's fo shizzle.

We keep Collins. Ted Thompson would be a fool not to resign him. Our D needs to improve, not get worse.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

If you look at the last two years instead of just this year, Collins beats Sharper in almost every category, and ties him in TDs.
gbguy20
14 years ago

Good Lord, did anyone see Darlene's pathetic attempt at an open field tackle on Addai yesterday? The Matador returns. There's a lot more to playing safety than jumping passing routes, and that is why Sharper was cut.

"DakotaT" wrote:

my comment exactly when it happened. 🙂
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (3h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (13h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (20h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (21h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (21h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.