DakotaT
14 years ago
I want Lang at LG for run blocking purposes. I'd like to get Jamal Brown from the Saints to replace Clifton, but I don't see it happening, so Clifton it is for a stop gap. I'd like to also add a bruising blocking tight end in the draft, but much like tackling, blocking get worse with the Gen Y kids.

I've had enough of Darryn Colledge and could care less if we don't even tender him.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago

BTW... can anyone tell me why they think Lang can't play left tackle?

Is it because he struggled a little bit there this season.. is that really fair as he was bounced around like a pogo ball?

"pack93z" wrote:

I will start with the most obvious "concern".

I don't like the Vikings...I'm funny that way.

Week 4 22 snaps at LT gave up 2 sacks and a pressure, week 8 same opponent , gave up 3 sacks and 2 pressures....

I think Aaron plays "jumpy" when he's there, and I think his (Aaron's) "concerns" are legit, what with him not wanting to get BLIND-SIDE KILLED, and all....

"dfosterf" wrote:

And where did he get all the reps going into the season.. at guard and right tackle.. expecting him to get settled in on the left tackle in a week isn't a fair evaluation IMO.

If we continue to play musical chairs with this guys on a weekly basis.. we are going to see issues in their play.. and I am not talking about moving a right guard to the left.. guys like Colledge and Lang have been shifted every which way but Friday in their young careers.. which is part of the issue I see with this staff.

"pack93z" wrote:

He's a right tackle. You know it. I know it. The NFL knows it. I don't know if Ted knows it. Leave him there. Is he a left guard? I think he might be able to play there.

You think he can play left tackle. Apparently so does Ted.

I think you both are gambling with the health of my franchise quarterback in your speculation, and the results to this point (fairness to Lang? How's about fairness to Rodgers?) are NOT as good as you would want them to be. You see "some problems with shifts, footwork, yada yada yada to be expected from a young --shifted around--- guy with potential"

I see a quarterback getting his ass beat, that LUCKILY got up each time...

...Each time a little more antsy, each time maybe a little better at getting rid of a football, but each and every time at risk of being lost for a year.

A 307 lb right tackle that because of sucky aquisitions and shit-box coaching we are now going to trust our next season to?

I'm not. I'm going to church instead.

I'll go light all the candles there, we are going to need them if that's the plan...
Pack93z
14 years ago
Since when is Lang 307... On the Packers roster.. listed at 316.

At the [strike]combine[/strike] draft publications he weighted in at 316... Clifton is 320.

Joe Thomas.. one of the best tackles in the game and still developing is only 312.

I did this comparison someplace already on here (Lang vs Thomas).. Lang was like a half inch shorter, slightly heavier and about 1/2 inch shorter arms when each went through the [strike]combine [/strike] draft day measurements..

So size isn't an issue.. can Lang play the spot is.. and I think with a full camp and reps there.. he can.

Again.. I want Clifton resigned.. and I hope they do.

But I don't go left tackle hunting in this draft and reach to try and mine one out... if one is there.. fan - freaking - tastic.. if not.. we have someone on the roster that, I feel, can do the job if needed. Might not be the first pick to play the spot.. but sure in the hell is better than some green ass rookie or Colledge that has proven he needs a hell of a lot more time there to man it.

BTW.. if you are nervous with a second year player taking over the spot.. how in the hell are you going to feel with a wide eyed rookie protecting Aaron's ass?

Ideal situation is to have Clifton man the spot til we "know" that Lang, drafted rookie or FA can fill the role properly.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
14 years ago
Foster.. wager time..

If Lang suits up at Left tackle and gives up more than 1 sack in his upcoming games this season..

I will buy and ship you your favorite case of brew..

If Lang gives up 1 or less sacks.. you ship me off something of equal value.. probably beer that I can take out to the hunting shack..

Are you game?
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
14 years ago

Since when is Lang 307... On the Packers roster.. listed at 316.

At the combine he weighted in at 316... Clifton is 320.

Joe Thomas.. one of the best tackles in the game and still developing is only 312.

Again.. I want Clifton resigned.. and I hope they do.

But I don't go left tackle hunting in this draft and reach to try and mine one out... if one is there.. fan - freaking - tastic.. if not.. we have someone on the roster that, I feel, can do the job if needed. Might not be the first pick to play the spot.. but sure in the hell is better than some green ass rookie or Colledge that has proven he needs a hell of a lot more time there to man it.

BTW.. if you are nervous with a second year player taking over the spot.. how in the hell are you going to feel with a wide eyed rookie protecting Aaron's ass?

Ideal situation is to have Clifton man the spot til we "know" that Lang, drafted rookie or FA can fill the role properly.

"pack93z" wrote:

They can list him at 316 at the combine all day long for all I care.

It would have been helpful in the accuracy department IF HE HAD BEEN INVITED TO THE FUCKING THING, lol

Because he wasn't invited and only had a pro day, one of the "questions" was his weight in one of the very first "pressers" we saw of him. I posted this in the past, (with a link) because (well, I don't know WHY I posted it, because no one friggin' reads what I write or link to, lol)

Note that the guys from YOUR (lol--you are the first one to reference it here)

people at pro football focus were THOROUGH enough to "catch" that disparity and correct his weight.

OK, issue number one addressed.

We are NOT arguing about some rookie, we are arguing about retaining or trading Cliffy. I want Cliffy on this team next year. I also want an FA LT, along with AT LEAST ONE GD it ---draft pick ---WITHOUT SKIPPING OVER to get some other position player, unless the reach is egregious.

Now I'm all worked up again, lol

He LAUGHED at 316 and SAID he weighs 307.
dfosterf
14 years ago

Foster.. wager time..

If Lang suits up at Left tackle and gives up more than 1 sack in his upcoming games this season..

If Lang gives up 1 or less sacks.. you ship me off something of equal value.. probably beer that I can take out to the hunting shack..

Are you game?

"pack93z" wrote:

That is a bet.

I would have taken that bet on a PER GAME basis, lol
Pack93z
14 years ago
Pro day.. combine.. same types of official measurements.. at the draft publications..

Anyway... how many times do I have to say it.. Resign Clifton if we can in realistic terms.. which it should be because he is near the end.. unless some jackass in Washington or Dallas decides he needs to become a multi-millionaire in his last contract again.

So we have settled here.. that Clifton should be on the team.

Now we are taking in terms of draft.. I say don't draft a tackle just to draft a left tackle.. in other words don't reach.. lol.

If I could write the script.. yes I would put Lang in the position he feels most comfortable and performs the best in.. meaning come April the mother of all left tackle prospects falls in a position to be available to us.. we draft him and have that extra security..

But in reality.. the odds of us having a blue chipper sitting there.. is slim.

So again.. Reink Clifton.. if that fails.. ink a proven LT in FA.. if that fails.. rely on Lang or blue chip draftee..
Pack93z
14 years ago

Foster.. wager time..

Are you game?

"dfosterf" wrote:

That is a bet.

I would have taken that bet on a PER GAME basis, lol

"pack93z" wrote:

That is a per game bet.. figured with the 1 sack minimum that was a given.. lol.
Pack93z
14 years ago

They can list him at 316 at the combine all day long for all I care.

He LAUGHED at 316 and SAID he weighs 307.

"dfosterf" wrote:

Now.. since we can't use the NFL rosters as a baseline.. how are you going to argue that Thomas is listed at a lesser weight than Lang?

Hmmm..

LOL... now I have to go back and find the draft day measurements again.. where the hell is that thread... lol.
dfosterf
14 years ago
Vikings, Eagles, Cowboys, Giants, Falcons, Dolphins, and Patriot games.

If that twiggy is playing LT for the whole game, it is a bet on those games.

WTF am I going to do with all that beer? By that time, Wade will have reduced in poundage to the point that I am hosed out of drinking!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (11h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (12h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.