Arrigo
14 years ago
I am not a fan of Vasher. He is hurt to often and hasn't produced in a few years (even while getting thrown at). With the age and injuries at the CB position (Harris, Lee, Blackmon) Vasher is far from a "sure thing".

I would much rather take my chances on a rookie I could develop and has upside over a injury prone vet.

Manning would have value, especially as a return man and I like his versatility in the secondary (CB/S). But I don't see Thompson adding any FA this off season.

Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work.
Hard work is the price we must pay for success.
I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price
bozz_2006
14 years ago
he already has.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
14 years ago

I will post here (to the dismay of some). I didn't start posting here because I had business to attend to. I actually didn't find this site until I registered.

I don't "hate" anyone. In-fact, since I have gotten more spiritual, I have let all that go.

But so far there are a lot of knowledgeable people here (or that is how it seems) and I look forward to trying and contribute what I can, when I can.

I will post a new OTS every Thurs night or Friday morning depending on my schedule, so just check my website and check. (I just posted my new mock FWIW).

"Arrigo" wrote:

Welcome aboard... I have a question of sorts.. and please take it the correct way.

You seem to hear a ton of the "rumor" talk surrounding the Packers... without naming the source specifically.. can you give us idea of what types of people (agents, office office execs, players, etc) that you heard things from?

Seems that almost all the rumors have to do with players outside the organization... curious to if the source might be the reason we don't hear those types of bits.

Again.. welcome aboard.. BTW.. Vasher to me would be a veteran role player that would have to come cheap.. he isn't a front line player at this point of his career I agree.. but we need to add some experience to the 5th or 6th corner to cover our asses in case of injuries.. and youngin's getting shelled in the spotlight.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago

I would be happy to bring Vasher to camp and improve our depth.

Heard Manning is kind of pissed down there too... make it a twofer.. lol.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

I wouldn't mind Manning at all. He is a good tackler and could make a pretty good safety in Dom's defense.

"Stevetarded" wrote:

Manning would be interesting. Especially because he can return some kicks, as well. He's a pretty average safety, though. Someone who would be nice for depth, but nothing more. roblem is, he's a 2 year starter and started 10 games last year. If he isn't happy over in Chicago, I asume it's about not being a fulltime starter anymore.

And I wouldn't really want Vasher. He's constantly injured. And the injuries he's had have already taken a toll on him. That Bears secondary is absolutely horrible and he still can't get a starting job.

Now I know that most of you wouldn't want him as a starter, anyway, but I don't think that he has much left. Next to that, it seems so pointless to put a 28 year old CB, who's always injured, and has obviously passed his prime at dime, while we have a lot of young, promising guys on the roster.

Woodson - Harris - Williams - Underwood - Lee - Blackmon - Bush - Bell - Ford.

Now, I know that a lot of these guys won't make it next year, most likely, but with Underwood up and coming and Williams looking like he could be the nr. 2 CB on just about every team, I'm not too worried.

Even if Al doesn't come back as strong as we'd like him to, I'd still prefer to take a CB in the draft. It's such a deep draft at the position.

Woodson - Harris/Williams - Williams/Harris - Underwood. wouldn't upset me too much, either. I think that Underwood is good enough for the dime spot if he has bulked up a little during the off-season.

"pack93z" wrote:

I could see Manning, assuming he's willing to 1) provide depth @ S and CB, not expecting to be a starter, and 2) be paid accordingly. My biggest beef with a lot of the FA that have been brought up as possibilities thus far is that they're going to want a lot more than they're worth, and/or they don't have much to contribute at this stage of their careers (see: Porter, Joey). Manning could be an upgrade from No. 24, easily, and could provide something by way of returns. But as you say, if his "problems" are due to him being pissed because of starting or the money he's making, it doesn't follow that he'd be a good fit for the Pack.

I would have been all over Vasher a couple years ago, but you have to wonder how he didn't see the field when the Bears' secondary was as bad as it was last year. Red flag.
blank
Arrigo
14 years ago
My sources range from agents, scouts, coaches (NFL & NCAA) players, people who work for various teams/colleges and media people. I have obtained these people from working in (sports) radio as well as playing w/ and against a few of them in H.S. and college.

What people have to understand is the scouting community is so small and like in any profession, friends talk. Whether they work for different teams they still share info (w/ each other or people like me). Before I post anything (rumor wise) I make sure I get it cleared from them.

I will admit that some stuff is smoke screens that they ask me to put out (in exchange for correct leads/info).

Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
That would make sense to me then why you get a ton of the unattached player type rumors and little actual within the Packers organization... hence the information you hear is really open chatter so to speak.

Thanks for answering that..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
GermanGilbert
14 years ago

I will admit that some stuff is smoke screens that they ask me to put out (in exchange for correct leads/info).

"Arrigo" wrote:

i would appreciate it if you could mark the smoke screens in italic and the correct info in bold :wave: ::razz:
blank
Arrigo
14 years ago

"GermanGilbert" wrote:

i would appreciate it if you could mark the smoke screens in italic and the correct info in bold :wave: ::razz:

"Arrigo" wrote:

I wish I could but they want it out there for a reason. Sorry.

Glad I could clarify.

dfosterf
14 years ago

"Arrigo" wrote:

"GermanGilbert" wrote:

I wish I could but they want it out there for a reason. Sorry.

Glad I could clarify.

"Arrigo" wrote:

Hey Joe, welcome to the site!

I will preface this by simply telling you that I was one of your defenders when you originally posted it at Packerchatters (raised a bit of a ruckus, you may recall, lol)

My personal favorite of your rumors over the years was your one about Brett making a certain wise-crack about Ted's proclivities (not that there is anything wrong with that) within earshot of Ted... remember that one?

Anyway, welcome to the site- If you get a chance, get up to our "We welcome you" and introduce yourself to the guys and gals that never frequented PC.

And Dakota----

You made me laugh with the whole Patty thing. (Sorry, Joe-I know you two are "buds", but that was funny.)
Arrigo
14 years ago
Thank you. I do remember that and I stick by it as well. I will. I have to get my barrings here still.