doddpower
14 years ago

When Ted gets his first Superbowl next year...

"dhpackr" wrote:

You have posted that every year for the past three years, still has not happened.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Therefore all of your opinions about how terrible this team is are correct!! Go you!!! You're right, the green bay packers are a TERRIBLE team!!!

+1 RaiderPride. I definitely agree with the majority of your post.
dhpackr
14 years ago
I do not see why it is so inconceivable to trade up in the draft to select a player like RUSSELL OKUNG, ANTHONY DAVIS, BRYAN BULAGA, TRENT WILLIAMS.
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
doddpower
14 years ago

I do not see why it is so inconceivable to trade up in the draft to select a player like RUSSELL OKUNG, ANTHONY DAVIS, BRYAN BULAGA, TRENT WILLIAMS.

"dhpackr" wrote:

Now there's something I don't disagree with you about. I suppose it's no more "inconceivable" then it was last year. However, I can definitely see the arguments against it considering how deep the draft is.
dhpackr
14 years ago
+1 all you want, its a fact, every year the guy states THIS IS THE YEAR Ted Thompson WINS THE SUPER BOWL! hell if you post it every year for 10 years eventually carpet bagger maybe right.

Never said the Packers were terrible, so if you are going to post your silly opinions, please state it as your opinion!

Just posted the facts, 2004 first round elimination. weak o-line, and weak defensive backfield.

2009 weak o-line and pathetic defensive backfield and first round playoff loss.

the main difference to some is "SUPPOSEDLY" the 2009 squad is younger and has more ''POTENTIAL" than 2004.

again this is an opinion that has yet to be proven!
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Rockmolder
14 years ago

"doddpower" wrote:

Now there's something I don't disagree with you about. I suppose it's no more "inconceivable" then it was last year. However, I can definitely see the arguments against it considering how deep the draft is.

"dhpackr" wrote:

Okung looks pretty close to impossible, but we should be able to trade up for those other guys. I'd like to stay away from Davis, though, but that's just me.

Like you said, this is a very deep draft. I'd hate to give up a 2nd and 3rd rounder, or something like that, just to move up a couple of spots. It'd take us out of the race for a DB and DE/OLB instantly.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Far from a Ted apologist speaking here, but is the OL talent his fault?

"I-Am-Ignorant" wrote:

Zero, he's the GM for Christ's sake, and yes, you have been the major Ted apologist on this board for the last two fucking years. The OL talent is HIS DIRECT RESPONSIBILITY. The fact that you ask the above question proves you are an apologist. Period.

So what are you going to change my screen name to now?

I predicted the 1 and out in the playoffs this year and so long as people like you continue to enable mediocrity that's all we'll ever get.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

You haven't read too many posts here my friend. You think I'm an apologist? lol that thar is funneh now shut up and read.

The OL talent is the GM's responsibility. For argument sake I'll just agree with you there. (you know what agreeing is?)

Who's to say we don't have a talented OL? I think we have a more talented OL than is shown on the field. Our scheme and OL coach I feel are bigger problems than the actual talent. If we had a good scheme with a coach who was very familiar with it, I'd hammer the talent of the OL much harder. Fact is, we have a OL coach who NEVER played in the scheme he's trying to teach. Not a big deal right? Okay, then lets add in he was only taught the scheme for ONE year. Hardly enough time to master the nuances of ZBS.

What you appear to be calling an "apologist" is someone who looks at things from several angles instead of a shortsighted ignorant -know-it-all- stance, such as yourself.

Predicting the Packers would be one and done is not a feat worth boasting about. You should look back on the prediction threads. Many people thought the same thing BEFORE the season started. And if I recall accurately you were one who said the Packers would finish SUB .500.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

"dhpackr" wrote:

We should look back at this in three years to see how these guys pan out. 😉
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Even if it meant Jeff Fucking Garcia was the starting QB for the Green Bay Packers right now, and Rodgers was starting for the Bears.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

The funny part about this ... if that were to have happened ... the Ted haters would be clamoring for Ted's dismissal forgetting rid of a solid franchise QB ... and to the Bears who are a rival. They'd also say how stupid it was to have a QB who's declining with a young team on the rise and getting rid of a QB who has the skills to lead the team to a Super Bowl.

See how that one works? lol The negative nancies always find a way to win ... by losing.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
14 years ago

"dhpackr" wrote:

It's possible Ted could be tempted to do this. The flaw in this idea is that this is a DEEP draft and they would not be capitalizing on it. For that reason if he did do this that guy better be AWESOME because if he turns out to be just o.k. they just blew a great draft.

By signing Clifton I say let the draft come to him and when I look at the talent all the way through the third round it would not bother me to see him move back if that good OT prospect isn't there if it meant getting an extra early 2nd and 3rd.

If that happened we could nail down an OT, CB, S and ROLB by the time we got to the fourth round and they would all be good football players. Look at the board. There are guys in the top 10 of the third round that would normally be locks in the second round.

There are other very solid OT prospects in Safford, Washington, and Fox, who they could bring along yet would be good enough to play early if Cliffy went down.

This is not last year. This draft is much deeper and losing a 2nd and 3rd this year would be much more costly than last year. Plus, we did lose a couple of picks doing this last year and repeating that means they start reducing the influx of good young talent at too high of a pace IMO.

If you believe in building thru the draft that's playing with fire.
"The train is leaving the station."
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago

"dhpackr" wrote:

I'm sorry, did the draft already occur without this happening? How do you know it won't? He traded up last year for Matthews, you might recall.

Maybe stick to hating on the guy for what he's done - otherwise if he proves you wrong you end up looking like a fool.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.