Pack93z
14 years ago
I want Bush to succeed as much as anyone.. kid seems like a dynamite person.. but sooner or later he has to take the tools and put them to work.

Martin being retained puts a strain on Bush's odds to stick..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
14 years ago
Bell and Bush are the leading candidates.

Don't discount Patrick Lee running out of chances.

Martin is no sure thing.
blank
coltonja
14 years ago
Bush better be gone. I don't care if he is the best special teams player we have (which he isn't) I don't want even a slim chance of him being on the field as a DB again this year.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Good discussion so far. Cheers.

For those out there who think Bush will be gone, let me just remind you who the guy in my avatar is-

Jarrett Bush is a 6'0" 200 lb. 25 year old safety/cornerback/special teamer with 62 games of NFL experience, all in a Packer uniform.

His size is near prototypical, being almost identical to Charles Woodson in height and weight. He's still very young, despite having 4 years of experience, and durable, playing in all but two games over that time. He was playing in the NFL two years before Pat Lee, despite being 3 months younger than Lee. By all accounts he is a hard worker and a good person, with no off the field incidents and an Olympic track star girlfriend. He plays not one, not two, but THREE positions where the Packers are relatively weak, and he's at an age where many players are just coming into their prime. He's not going anywhere.

"get_louder_at_lambeau" wrote:

Awesome post.

I think that every team has a scapegoat. It began in a pretty fair way, but turned into us blaming everything on Bush, as long as he was on the field when it happend.

It doesn't warrant you a roster spot, but he's a great person. He sounds like a pretty hard worker. He's just getting into his prime. Even if he doesn't work out at CB, he's still one of the best ST players we have. If we can get a good punter and have Martin and Bush as our gunners, we might just be one of the best teams in not giving up much yardage on returns.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Trevor Ford
D.J. Clark
Pat Lee
Brandon Underwood
Will Blackmon
Al Harris
Josh Bell
Charles Woodson
Tramon Williams
Jarrett Bush

Nick Collins
Khalil Jones
Derrick Martin
Atari Bigby

I think these eight will make it.

Charles Woodson
Al Harris
Tramon Williams
Will Blackmon
Pat Lee
Nick Collins
Atari Bigby
Derrick Martin

And the 9th position will be given to I'm thinking Underwood or Bell or a draft pick. I'm also thinking we will go into the 2010 season with TEN defensive backs, which I'm thinking will be a more strict special team player (Martin).

I also would not be surprised to see Blackmon OR Lee fail to make the final roster. Lee was upset that he was IR'd so fast and the Packers staff acknowledge they jumped the gun on it. I believe they jumped the gun because they felt he was still too raw and wanted him to learn from the sidelines without game time. I'm not sure how that makes sense, but it's just a petty thought of mine.
UserPostedImage
civic
14 years ago
Damn you get_louder_at_lambeau! ๐Ÿ™‚ Bush makes me crazy watching him make mistakes and getting picked on by opponent's offenses. But you are right he has the physical gifts and has been on the squad for a while.

I'm just trying to think if I ever saw him make the same mistakes over and over. Or is he just making mistakes and learning from them.

Guys can anybody help with my question?
blank
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Damn you get_louder_at_lambeau! ๐Ÿ™‚ Bush makes me crazy watching him make mistakes and getting picked on by opponent's offenses. But you are right he has the physical gifts and has been on the squad for a while.

I'm just trying to think if I ever saw him make the same mistakes over and over. Or is he just making mistakes and learning from them.

"civic" wrote:

What I noticed mostly is that he has horrible ball awareness.

Bush can stick to receivers like glue, but still give up the catch, because he doesn't seem to have a clue where the ball is most of the time. I vividly remember him having balls thrown right at him, but they just bounced off him. I recall plays where he would follow the receiver stride for stride, and still give up an easy catch, because he didn't get his hand up, didn't turn around, didn't try to break it up.
14 years ago

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Bush can stick to receivers like glue, but still give up the catch, because he doesn't seem to have a clue where the ball is most of the time. I vividly remember him having balls thrown right at him, but they just bounced off him. I recall plays where he would follow the receiver stride for stride, and still give up an easy catch, because he didn't get his hand up, didn't turn around, didn't try to break it up.

"civic" wrote:

He's kinda dumb that way. Sometimes he just doesn't seem to know what's going on. It's not a lack of ball skills, because he came down with 2 INTs this year (one called back because Chillar knocked the receiver down).

He has all the talent needed to be a great football player, but he's like an over-eager spazzy puppy sometimes, running around, wagging his tail wondering where you threw the ball, while you're standing there yelling "Go get it! Get the ball, Jarrett! Where's the ball? Go get it!"

I predict that he puts it together and has a long NFL career. If not in GB, then elsewhere, like Terrell Buckley.
British
14 years ago

"get_louder_at_lambeau" wrote:

"Rockmolder" wrote:

He's kinda dumb that way. Sometimes he just doesn't seem to know what's going on. It's not a lack of ball skills, because he came down with 2 INTs this year (one called back because Chillar knocked the receiver down).

He has all the talent needed to be a great football player, but he's like an over-eager spazzy puppy sometimes, running around, wagging his tail wondering where you threw the ball, while you're standing there yelling "Go get it! Get the ball, Jarrett! Where's the ball? Go get it!"

I predict that he puts it together and has a long NFL career. If not in GB, then elsewhere, like Terrell Buckley.

"civic" wrote:

Louder, you are on form in this thread. Highly entertaining.

On the issue of ball skills; in Collins' first two years he was slammed for his stone hands and the number of balls he completely whiffed on. Then all of a sudden things seemed to click and he started snatching everything out of the air and returning them for TDs.

Maybe Bush is on the cusp of a breakout season :-)

I'm not quite ready to crown his ass, but there is definitely merit in what you say.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (11h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (11h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (11h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (12h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (12h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : โ€œWeโ€™re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.โ€
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#ร—k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. ๐Ÿ˜
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright ยฉ 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comโ„ข. All Rights Reserved.