dfosterf
14 years ago

Last Year.. Oher was the starting Right Tackle and filled in for Gaither when he went down.

Cousins can also handle the left tackle spot.. so yes, if Gaither is moved, it is probably Oher and Cousins in some combination.

It also cracks me up to hear Foster admit he thinks Oher could be a dominate left tackle at 6-4 and 309 lbs.. but Lang at 6-4 and 312 couldn't be... lol. ;)

Oher's arm length 33.25.... Lang 32.75... but there is no way Lang can be a Left Tackle. ;)

There.. wind up the marine again.... damn I missed him.

I just had to throw the Lang thing in there.. all in jest and to enhance our little wager... lol.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

33 is the minimum unless you are named Joe Thomas. :tongue3:

At least you went with a confirmed weight on Lang this time around. :pottytrain2: (The shitbox bowl game he played in-I forget which one- they gave him a "weigh-in" weight of 312) Since you came off your 316 and went to 312, I'll come off my 307 and go with 311.

Let's call Lang 311.5 lbs. which is acceptable, if only his arms were long enough, lol

I can't really rag on Oher since he was my pick at 9 early in the pre-draft process last year until the lad go.pack.go convinced me to go with Raji.

(I still have no problem with that, but damn it's close in hindsight)

"dfosterf" wrote:

Wow, I had no idea that I convinced you to go with Raji! Haha. How did I go about doing this?

I forget, somehow. I do know that I kept posting on here about how much I wanted Raji, and how great of a pick he would be. He is still my favorite D-Lineman that we have, for some reason, haha.

"pack93z" wrote:

I can't find the exact thread, but I did go back and look at a lot of what we were saying last year at this time. (I was kind of back and forth with Raji and Oher, also throwing Brace in the mix as a 3rd rounder if we took Oher, and pissed about that concept, Brace-wise) Page 3 or 4 in draft thread is where your little speech lies, if I were a guessing man.

I think I made you defend your Raji, and you did a very good job of it.
warhawk
14 years ago
IMO this trade will not happen unless certain moves are made during the draft. I think with Clifton signed the Pack will be looking at OT in the second round.

I laid out a scenario in another thread where Ted Thompson trades the #23 to NE for two second round picks. Now if that happened they could immediately call Baltimore and try to work a trade for a second.

That would be sweet. We end up with a LT that may be better than most if not all the guys picked in the first round paying out a second and still have two second round picks left.

Here is the problem with any scenario. Gaither is better than Clifton (if he is the 4th best OT as stated) and we just payed Cliffy a lot of money structured in a way that would be very costly if he's sitting on the bench in 2010. Also, what they would be paying for the LT position with what it would cost to add Gaither would amount to a huge pile of money.
"The train is leaving the station."
doddpower
14 years ago

IMO this trade will not happen unless certain moves are made during the draft. I think with Clifton signed the Pack will be looking at OT in the second round.

I laid out a scenario in another thread where Ted Thompson trades the #23 to NE for two second round picks. Now if that happened they could immediately call Baltimore and try to work a trade for a second.

That would be sweet. We end up with a LT that may be better than most if not all the guys picked in the first round paying out a second and still have two second round picks left.

Here is the problem with any scenario. Gaither is better than Clifton (if he is the 4th best OT as stated) and we just payed Cliffy a lot of money structured in a way that would be very costly if he's sitting on the bench in 2010. Also, what they would be paying for the LT position with what it would cost to add Gaither would amount to a huge pile of money.

"warhawk" wrote:

If we aquired Gaither do you think the Packers could then trade Clifton? I imagine someone would still take him if not immediately, at least before the trade deadline.

Would be interesting for sure.
Pack93z
14 years ago
Depth at tackle is imperative if we want to make a deep run into the playoffs.. and it isn't like we have money committed to Clifton past this season, not to mention he has a bonus clause per game tied to his contract this season.

To make a deep run in the playoffs... we need home field.. that means we need to take as many games as we can. Clifton's durability is tied to that.. so beyond Lang.. we have little options at tackle at the moment.. well ones that can play.

I think it would be the ultimate safety clause.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Mckennj3
14 years ago
Warhawks trade down scenario is the best possible situation for the pack imo. Gives us tons of LT depth with an option of unloading clifton sooner or later, while still giving us 2 2nd rounders for the BPA at either CB, S, or OLB. then we can draft a RT project or whatever of the 3 we missed in the second later in the third.
We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.
nerdmann
14 years ago
Yeah, Cliffy's contract has a big per game incentive clause. Dunno if that's games in which he plays or games in which he is active. I think they were trying to protect themselves if he went on IR.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Since69
14 years ago
I can't believe that no team has even contacted the Ravens yet about Gaither... what's the story here? Is there something I don't know? Is Gaither hurt? A miscreant? A nutcase?
UserPostedImage
Mckennj3
14 years ago
They report he puts in a really lackluster effort off the field and in practice. I still think for the right price he would be a huge upgrade at our biggest need, plus he's young.
We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

They report he puts in a really lackluster effort off the field and in practice. I still think for the right price he would be a huge upgrade at our biggest need, plus he's young.

"Mckennj3" wrote:

Actually, PFT recently reported that word on Gaither is that he is into smoking weed.

That may not be all that bad relative to other offenses, but if he gets caught it'll be counted as a violation against the NFL substance abuse policy. That means very quickly he could go from being out for a quarter of the year (4 games) to being suspended for an entire year.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
isocleas2
14 years ago

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

Actually, PFT recently reported that word on Gaither is that he is into smoking weed.

That may not be all that bad relative to other offenses, but if he gets caught it'll be counted as a violation against the NFL substance abuse policy. That means very quickly he could go from being out for a quarter of the year (4 games) to being suspended for an entire year.

"Mckennj3" wrote:

That's why a change of scenery to Green Bay could do this guy some good. Our weed sucks, forced sobriety.
Fan Shout
beast (14h) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (14h) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (14h) : fuck
beast (15h) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (15h) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (15h) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (15h) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (16h) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (16h) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (16h) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (16h) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (16h) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (17h) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (18h) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (18h) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (18h) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (18h) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.