dhazer
13 years ago

Bears and Lions should be No. 3 and No. 4 respectively. Any list without that, is blinded by something. Either loyalty or disgust.

If Favre is back, Minnesota remains No. 1. If Favre isn't back, Green Bay is No. 1.

I think it's that simple in terms of the pre-season discussion. Of course anything is possible.

GB was also a top 15 team in rushing last year.

"vikesrule" wrote:

So, a opinion differing from yours means they are blind? Not sure died and made you Master NFC North guru? :whipitgood:

I do see your point. It's not disgust or loyalty that has me thinking the Bears finish below the Lions. I think the Lions are going to win more games than the Bears, that's where it comes from. There was a huge high for Cutler and it fizzled. That confidence was shattered.

I think Matthew won a lot of his teammates over last year with his gritty play and it'll get them more confidence and in return, higher win total than the Bears.

Any team that says Devin Hester is more valuable at WR than KR/PR ... sorry, to me that's blind.

btw, I'm just giving you crap in the start of this post.

"porky88" wrote:

Oh I'm alright with Lions and Bears flipped. The Vikings and Packers are 1 and 2. Doesn't matter what order. That's the way it should be IMO. The Bears and Lions are 3 and 4. Doesn't matter what order. That's what it is. That's my point. It's a stretch to put Chicago over GB IMO especially using old age as defining reason why.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

With all of the homers on this site (ya, both of the green and purple variety) I can almost always count on porky for an objective and well thought out opinion. And I think that he pretty much nailed this one too.

There are a few others that can take off the colored glasses from time to time, 93z on occasion and Rockmolder has his moments of objectivity.... when he isn't tripping over his own tongue that is.
:icon_smile:

"porky88" wrote:

I am pissed my name wasn't said lol, I am pretty much the most objective poster on here, I find the faults of the team but yet others call them strengths.

Hey Rock are really considering Blackmon a CB, hell he is the farthest thing from it. He is on the team to return kicks and that's all, he wasn,t even a very good CB in college.

It's funny how people say we need to replace Bigby because he sucks in coverage and I even seen people saying Williams is a better nickel back than a starting CB.

I guess i was dreaming when the Steelers, Cards and hell even the old man spread us out and we got torched, you don't think more teams will do that?

In all honesty I believe our defense was over rated last year because of who we played, If i remember correctly we played 6 games against a teams backup qb. That would help alot of teams defensive stats.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Bears and Lions should be No. 3 and No. 4 respectively. Any list without that, is blinded by something. Either loyalty or disgust.

If Favre is back, Minnesota remains No. 1. If Favre isn't back, Green Bay is No. 1.

I think it's that simple in terms of the pre-season discussion. Of course anything is possible.

GB was also a top 15 team in rushing last year.

"porky88" wrote:

So, a opinion differing from yours means they are blind? Not sure died and made you Master NFC North guru? :whipitgood:

I do see your point. It's not disgust or loyalty that has me thinking the Bears finish below the Lions. I think the Lions are going to win more games than the Bears, that's where it comes from. There was a huge high for Cutler and it fizzled. That confidence was shattered.

I think Matthew won a lot of his teammates over last year with his gritty play and it'll get them more confidence and in return, higher win total than the Bears.

Any team that says Devin Hester is more valuable at WR than KR/PR ... sorry, to me that's blind.

btw, I'm just giving you crap in the start of this post.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Oh I'm alright with Lions and Bears flipped. The Vikings and Packers are 1 and 2. Doesn't matter what order. That's the way it should be IMO. The Bears and Lions are 3 and 4. Doesn't matter what order. That's what it is. That's my point. It's a stretch to put Chicago over GB IMO especially using old age as defining reason why.

"porky88" wrote:

That is very true. Vikings are the crowning division champs until knocked off. I feel we will win and the order I posted, that's the order I think it'll finish in.
Talent wise...
Vikings
Packers
Bears
Lions

I think the Lions will do more than the Bears, with less talent.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

With all of the homers on this site (ya, both of the green and purple variety) I can almost always count on porky for an objective and well thought out opinion. And I think that he pretty much nailed this one too.

There are a few others that can take off the colored glasses from time to time, 93z on occasion and Rockmolder has his moments of objectivity.... when he isn't tripping over his own tongue that is.
:icon_smile:

"vikesrule" wrote:

That's why I pay him the big bucks.

PS, Matt, don't come knocking for a paycheck, lmao.
UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
13 years ago

It's funny how people say we need to replace Bigby because he sucks in coverage and I even seen people saying Williams is a better nickel back than a starting CB.

"dhazer" wrote:

Yeah Tramon probably is better at nickel than starter. That doesn't mean that he's not really good. Atari wasn't good in coverage, and we need to fix that.

I guess i was dreaming when the Steelers, Cards and hell even the old man spread us out and we got torched, you don't think more teams will do that?

"dhazer" wrote:

I'm not sure how many teams can play well against Warner and Favre even if just one of their cornerbacks are missing. I'll give you the Steelers game, that was super-ugly, but we all agree we need to improve our secondary.

In all honesty I believe our defense was over rated last year because of who we played, If i remember correctly we played 6 games against a teams backup qb. That would help alot of teams defensive stats.

"dhazer" wrote:

We played:
1) Boller (who played a lot better than the "starter" Bulger)
2) Culpepper once
3) Leinart in the final week

Where are the 6 teams? And I do not count players who won their starting role during the season backups.

Also, Blackmon has played well as a dime-back before he was injured, so calling him "not a cornerback" is uncalled for.
This is a placeholder
earthquake
13 years ago
No matter how you look at it, Blackmon is a better choice back there at nickel/dime than bush!
blank
Pack93z
13 years ago

I am pissed my name wasn't said lol, I am pretty much the most objective poster on here, I find the faults of the team but yet others call them strengths.

"dhazer" wrote:

I think your overall lack of unbiased viewpoints hurt your argument.

Anything that Thompson has touched in your eyes has a brown stain to it. 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Rockmolder
13 years ago

You're totally right.

It showed last year on the Vikings defense.

Pat gets knocked out against the Panthers and they start running all over that defense.

When you have an elite playmaker and he gets injured, you're not going to play your best football. The Ravens are nowheren near as good without Ed Reed as they are with him. The Vikings are a lot worse without Allen against the pass. The Bears couldn't get pressure on the QB when Tommie Harris didn't play.

Next to that, everyone's saying how bad our depth at CB is, like we had just one injuy last year. You can say that you can spread us out, Dhaze, but we missed 3 CBs on the depth chart. Our 6th CB was playing nickel CB.

You're going to have a much harder time completing a pass when you're manned up against Woodson - Harris - Williams - Blackmon - Lee than against Woodson - Williams - Bush - Underwood - Bell/Ford. (Although I hope that Underwood will be our dime CB this year)

Just look at the Vikings last year. They had just one injury at CB, yet, they had to put Paymah in man on Jennings. He got abused on that match-up. Our depth is as good as it gets.

And btw, that's exactly why we don't need a high floor, low ceiling guy like Arenas. We don't need a potential nickel guy, we need someone who we can groom to eventually replace the guys we have out there now.

"dhazer" wrote:

Hey Rock are really considering Blackmon a CB, hell he is the farthest thing from it. He is on the team to return kicks and that's all, he wasn,t even a very good CB in college.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

You're right. Blackmon wasn't that great a player in college. A whole lot of draft picks aren't. Cullen Jenkins wasn't a great player at in college. Jermichael Finley was a huge underachiever with great upside.

I think that those two are quite comprable. Finley and Blackmon. They're boom or bust types of guys. Someone who hasn't had the production to go in the 1st round, but does have all the physical attributes to become a great player. They have a very high ceiling and very low floor.

It worked out better with Finley than with Blackmon.

But still, Blackmon is good enough to be your dime CB. He could even slide in at nickel and be acceptable. Bush shouldn't be on the field.

It's pretty understandable that when you lose a starter, your dime CB and your 5th stringer, you're going to suffer. That bumps your 6th stringer into a nickel role. I can tell you know that there isn't a single team that can take those injuries and still field good CBs against a spread offense.

I do agree with you that we made it really easy for them, but that's not because of our DBs, that's because of our pass rush. Look at that Vikings defense and how much they approved against the pass when they traded for Jared Allen. They have some very mediocre safeties, a good, young cover corner in Griffen and an all-around guy who's great in run support, but overrated in coverage in Winfield. Yet, they field quite a good pass defense because of the pressure they put on the QB.

Mark my words, if we can get a good DE/OLB and can get pressure on the QB, Bigby will be a hero in GB again.

If he can stay healthy.
porky88
13 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I think after the draft, Detroit will close the talent gap with Chicago. In the end it comes down to QBs though. If Stafford out plays Cutler, Detroit will emerge as a better team. That's how I see it.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

"porky88" wrote:

I think after the draft, Detroit will close the talent gap with Chicago. In the end it comes down to QBs though. If Stafford out plays Cutler, Detroit will emerge as a better team. That's how I see it.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

That's not really fair, lol. Does Chicago even participate in the draft?? lol
UserPostedImage
porky88
13 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

"porky88" wrote:

That's not really fair, lol. Does Chicago even participate in the draft?? lol

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

That's part of the reason and no they don't pick until the third round. That's their fault though and some bad luck mixed in. Gaines Adams' passing of course.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (14h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (15h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (15h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (21h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (21h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (21h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (21h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (21h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (21h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (21h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (22h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (22h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (22h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.