DakotaT
13 years ago

I am a minority, I LOVE what Ted Thompson has done and think he is a pure genious.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

You're only in the minority that you're publicly stating you love what he has done. See, the ones who hate Ted are far less respectful in their distaste for the moves Ted has made and not made. Where as those who support the decisions are FAR more tactful. This results into many who support Ted to keep their keyboards untouched. It's unfortunate how it works.

"tonyagnese" wrote:

I resent that Zero. I've made a total ass of myself on many a night fighting with those wonderful Packer fans. What I don't like is that they usually show up right after a loss so I'm already agitated.

Welcome Tony, you'll find that many of us support Uncle Ted religiously.
UserPostedImage
IronMan
13 years ago

I am a minority, I LOVE what Ted Thompson has done and think he is a pure genious.

"tonyagnese" wrote:

I think Ted Thompson has done ok, but I don't think one playoff win in five years is "genius".
nerdmann
13 years ago
!: Rodgers was a great pick, but without hiring Mike McCarthy to coach him up, would have been a bust. Keep that in mind.

2: Alot of these guys-Jones, Nelson and Bjack primarily would be putting up great numbers and look like genius picks, but their buried on the depth chart. Because Ted Thompson is a great GM and has stocked this team with talent.

3: All these Ted Thompson bashers talking shit about what a bad pick Brohm was, were the same ones saying, "TRADE RODGERS. BRING BACK FAVRE. BY THEN, BROHM WILL BE READY."

4: Harvin and Rice are overrated, and Rice was nothing, repeat NADA, without Favre. Berrian is not overrated, because everyone knows he sucks.

5: Jarius Wynn and Brandon Underwood will benefit greatly from an offseason in the NFL. So will Brad Jones. Although if he doesn't bulk up, I think they should move him to safety.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Stevetarded
13 years ago

!: Rodgers was a great pick, but without hiring Mike McCarthy to coach him up, would have been a bust. Keep that in mind.

"nerdmann" wrote:

I seriously doubt that. He may have been a bit rusty as a rookie but every QB is. Rodgers is an extremely hard worker with all of the physical tools you could ask for. Those aren't the makings of a "bust"
blank
IronMan
13 years ago

"Stevetarded" wrote:

I seriously doubt that. He may have been a bit rusty as a rookie but every QB is. Rodgers is an extremely hard worker with all of the physical tools you could ask for. Those aren't the makings of a "bust"

"nerdmann" wrote:

I definitely think Mike McCarthy deserves some credit for Rodgers' success. But I also think Rodgers is always extremely self motivated to improve. No matter how well he plays, he always wantts to be better, and I LOVE that about him.
Rockmolder
13 years ago

"nerdmann" wrote:

he wasn't NFL ready when he came into the league. McCarthy did some good work on Rodgers, but you just don't know what would've happened if we had a defensive coach. He might've turned out just as good.

2: Alot of these guys-Jones, Nelson and Bjack primarily would be putting up great numbers and look like genius picks, but their buried on the depth chart. Because Ted Thompson is a great GM and has stocked this team with talent.

"nerdmann" wrote:

I think they'd put up better numbers, but I still don't see Nelson being more than a 3rd receiver, while I could see Jones being a 2nd. Even though he still might not make a 1000 yards, he'd get close, I'm sure off that.

3: All these Ted Thompson bashers talking shit about what a bad pick Brohm was, were the same ones saying, "TRADE RODGERS. BRING BACK FAVRE. BY THEN, BROHM WILL BE READY."

"nerdmann" wrote:

Lol. I hadn't heared that one, but that's some good stuff.

4: Harvin and Rice are overrated, and Rice was nothing, repeat NADA, without Favre. Berrian is not overrated, because everyone knows he sucks.

"nerdmann" wrote:

Chicken and the egg... Favre coming to the Vikings obviously gave Rice some extra yards, but he just looked great. He caugth everythign that was thrown his way. He actually looked like Larry Fitzgerald Jr out there at times.

Harvin is a great weapon. I don't know if he'll be a 1000 yard receiver year after year, but he'll be all over the field, returning kicks, coming out off the backfield. He's really dangerous.

5: Jarius Wynn and Brandon Underwood will benefit greatly from an offseason in the NFL. So will Brad Jones. Although if he doesn't bulk up, I think they should move him to safety.

"nerdmann" wrote:

I'm totally in love with Underwood. Like you said, he should benefit from spending an offseason on the team, get some muscle mass on that frame. He can become a very good player.
dhazer
13 years ago

I'd take Peterson over Rodgers, as long as we're talking about what he can be and not what I'm starting to worry he will be if Chilly continues to marginalize him. In terms of just potential, he could be the best ever. But last year proved to me that Chilly would prefer to have a more pass-oriented offensive attack, and that will only hurt a guy like Peterson. He needs to be a workhorse and the featured player in an offense.

Strictly on talent and potential, Peterson gets my vote. But Chilly's not using him the right way, IMO.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

ILike - If football is like chess, the QB is a Queen and the RB is a Rook. QB > RB. That's how it is.

Look at the greatest QBs of all-time and compare them to the greatest RBs of all time. Most great QBs won championships. Great RBs, as great as they are, rarely do enough to take their teams to championships. That's just how it goes.

Barry Sanders is perhaps the greatest RB I've ever seen. None. Wallie is probably #2. One, and that was due to the best D I've ever seen + a pretty decent QB actually staying healthy an entire year. Jim Brown is supposed to be the greatest ever. One championship. Gale Sayers? Zero. LT is perhaps the best recent RB. Zero.

Now let's look at great QBs (in no order) Montana - 4. Young - 1. Favre - 1, Brady 3, Manning - 1, Elway - 2. Marino's the odd man out.

My point is simply QB is so much more important than RB. So I'll take Rodgers over AP, and going down the list of QBs, I'll take (if we only had one year) - Brees, Favre, Manning, Rodgers, Brady, and possibly Ben R over AP. I would have taken Warner over AP as well but he's retired now. Possibly Rivers too.

Over Chris Johnson, I'd take Brees, Favre, Manning, Rodgers, and Brady.

"ILikeThePackers39" wrote:

Interesting that you want to leave out Franco Harris 4, Emmitt Smith 3, Allen 1, and Thurman Thomas was in 4 and don't forget those other Elite qbs like Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler and Brad Johnson.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
13 years ago

"IronMan" wrote:

"Stevetarded" wrote:

I definitely think Mike McCarthy deserves some credit for Rodgers' success. But I also think Rodgers is always extremely self motivated to improve. No matter how well he plays, he always wantts to be better, and I LOVE that about him.

"nerdmann" wrote:

The light didn't go on until he had an offseason in MM's QB school. Did you seem him play his first couple years?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (3h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (13h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (20h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (21h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.