13 years ago

But yeah, 2 1sts and a 3rd for a player similar to Rodgers in talent, becoming a major distraction and potential cancer to the team.

"earthquake" wrote:

Then you factor in that Cutler hasn't had a winning season since high school and had an 86.0 passer rating the year before the trade, and that Rodgers is coming off a season where his team went 11-5 while he had a 103.2 rating and 5 rushing TDs, and I still stick with my original estimate of his value- I'd trade him for 5 first round picks. MAYBE you could twist my arm into taking 4 firsts and a second in this year's draft.
Rockmolder
13 years ago

One thing that you need to consider with the Cutler trade is that he was basically being a disgruntled crybaby that denver NEEDED to move, and stillllll got 2 1sts and a 3rd for him. Prying loose a pro-bowl QB entering his prime with no character issues, heck the guy is pretty much a model of saying and doing the right things his entire career, i think is a vastly different situation.

But yeah, 2 1sts and a 3rd for a player similar to Rodgers in talent, becoming a major distraction and potential cancer to the team.

As far as comparing Cutler to Rodgers, i actually think Cutler has more talent, but is a lot dumber than Rodgers. I view Rodgers as one of the smartest QB's in the game, and all you need to do is look at that TD to INT ratio to see why.

"dhazer" wrote:

Well thats high praise seeing he wasn't smart enough to throw the ball away to prevent sacks. He is good but settle down cowboy he has flaws to go with the good things.

"earthquake" wrote:

Then give us some QBs who are smarter? Don't get me wrong, Rodgers isn't exactly Manning and he doesn't have the experience to read blitzes and coverages like Favre and Brady, but give me some QBs who are smarter with the ball in their hands than Rodgers? He's efficient, doesn't throw interceptions. Yes, he took too much sacks for a while, but c'mon, that O-line...
earthquake
13 years ago
Holding the ball too long is literally the ONLY knock on Rodgers thus far in his career that is legitimate, and as the season progressed, he improved. I seem to remember a certain QB who held onto the ball too long, took too many sacks and threw wayyyy to many INTs early in his career that worked out pretty well for the packers.

You can make a case that taking those sacks is game changing, but i think the #1 negative type of play when you consider "game changing" plays, is throwing an INT. So i would rather a few more sacks and a few less ints, and lets face it, the guy simply doesnt throw INTS. 59 TDS to 21 INTS in his career, with his style of play, he's very comparable to Donovan McNabb(runs well, doesnt throw picks) except he's more accurate and throws for more yards and a higher average.

Well thats high praise seeing he wasn't smart enough to throw the ball away to prevent sacks. He is good but settle down cowboy he has flaws to go with the good things.

"dhazer" wrote:

I'm not delusional nor do i think he is perfect, however i think i have a little better understanding of his market value around the league than you do, which is obvious by what you think a team could trade to get him, and how nobody here, or anywhere else would come close to agreeing with you. Its pretty clear from the years you've posted here that in your eyes, his biggest flaw is simply not spelling his last name with the letters F,V,A,E and R.
blank
dhazer
13 years ago
Why are you bringing Favre into this I never once said that. Ok you say taking sacks is ok compared to an INT but with all those sacks comes injuries eventually.

I have stated a few times already I am happy with Rodgers as our qb, but I would also consider trading him if that offer was made. I also like how you claim noone else would agree with me. And I ask how do you know that, I have asked for this to get posted on PPO and I haven't heard anything back on that. I asked in a few football chat rooms and I had people agreeing with me and hell some even said they would think of trading Brady and even Manning.

Now if the Rams gave us 1-3 this year and 1 next year I would take that so fast that they couldn't change there minds.

If Rodgers went to the Rams I would bet you wouldn't see the stats you see now. But anyhows I know alot on here don't think outside of the green and gold juice and over value alot of the players which is normal. But when you live outside of Wisconsin you can talk to others and get different views of things which make you think.

Hell here in PGH the fans I have talked to would be happy to get a 1st rounder for Ben and anything extra would be frosting on the cake. He is a proven winner with off the field problems but he still wins on the field and thats all they want.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Dave, you make me smirk. If you think Roethlisberger will have anything remotely resembling the level of success he's had in Pittsburgh anywhere else in the NFL, I have a premium piece of New Jersey Oceania I'm just itching to sell you.

As for what earthquake said regarding interceptions and sacks, he's unquestionably correct. All the statistics bear it out. An NFL's primary job is not to throw touchdowns, as some people on this board have claimed; his primary job is NOT to throw interceptions. Look at these playoff statistics (1970-2009):

0 INT -- 191-51 (.789)
1 INT -- 144-119 (.548)
2 INT -- 54-119 (.312)
3 INT -- 17-78 (.179)
4+ INT -- 1-41 (.024)

Do I want my quarterback to take hits? No, but I'd far rather he take a few hits than throw an interception at a critical moment. It wasn't Rodgers' taking a hit that ultimately sealed the Packers' defeat in the playoffs: it was Rodgers' fumbling the ball away. That is to say, a turnover.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
13 years ago
I understand what your saying Rourke but missing what I am saying. If Rodgers continues to hold the ball to long he will be hurt, but then again I am sure the NFL will make some more rules to protect the qbs which in turn will increase the stats.

Also as far as Ben goes, will he win somewhere else who knows. It would depend on what team he is on. Just like I said if Rodgers went to the Rams I would bet you wouldn't see those numbers, so would people say he sucked then? People don't like the term system qb but the NFL as a whole is filled with them Brady is good in the Pats system, Manning in the Colts system hell look at Favre in the Vikes system they all flourish, but what happens if you take them out of that.

I still say I would accept the trade to help better the whole team but thats just me and thats my thoughts.

Actually I would probably ask for a 1st this year and 1-3 next year and hope for the rookie pay scale lol.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
13 years ago
Is dhazer the Raiders GM? Because trading Rodgers for so little is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. Top 5 QBs only come around so often.
This is a placeholder
all_about_da_packers
13 years ago

Is dhazer the Raiders GM? Because trading Rodgers for so little is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. Top 5 QBs only come around so often.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

I'm waiting for him to tell us how he'd replace Rodgers )that is, where our next staring Qb will come from). Surely, he doesn't think Matt Flynn is the answer going forward.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

missing what I am saying.

"dhazer" wrote:

I was merely addressing your point that Rodgers would suck in St. Louis, while "all Big Ben does is win." I think Roethlisberger would suck just as much in St. Louis as Rodgers would, if not more so.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago
I'd take Aaron Rodgers over Big Ben any day of the week, and that was before we learned that Ben may well be a sociopath.

The whole Big Ben belongs in the Hall just baffles me. Huh? I don't get it. Prove it to me. If you make the claim, you have to come up with the proof. And don't give me the 2 SB wins bullshit. Seriously. That's bullshit and you know it. The first win was the absolute WORST performance by a winning QB ever. Ever. In the history of the Super Bowl, NO ONE has had a performance near that bad and still won.

Geez. Like I said before, I want that guy to buy me a lottery ticket. Right place at the right time.

He's had one Pro Bowl. You don't put a QB in the Hall with one Pro Bowl.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
dfosterf (45m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (59m) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (4h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (18h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
48m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.