porky88
  • porky88
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/articles/index.php?id=899 

Second to last one

1. St. Louis Rams - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
Can you name a team that needs a QB more than St. Louis? I cant. Bradford has the accuracy and athletic ability teams look for when evaluating quarterbacks. His arm strength isn't John Elway like, but he's definitely got a pro quality arm. Despite durability concerns, Bradford is a franchise quarterback at the next level. This could be the pick that sets the St. Louis ship right.

2. Detroit Lions - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
Nearly a consensus top two player in the draft, Suh is arguably the most disruptive interior defensive lineman to ever make the transition from college football to the NFL. He'll bring a rare combination of run stopping and pass rushing to the interior line of Detroit. The Lions have some building blocks on the offensive side of the ball, but they dont have a defensive presence yet. They would if select Suh.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
Selecting a quarterback in last years first round will allow Tampa Bay to take the best player available, when they pick. In this scenario, that player is McCoy. Like Suh, McCoy is a disruptive presence who can collapse the quarterbacks pocket on a consistent basis as well as play stout versus the run. The Buccaneers have been searching for a player to provide the presence Warren Sapp once provided for them. That search would end if they land one of the top two tackles in this draft.

4. Washington Redskins - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
With Chris Samuels retiring, Washington has a huge hole at left tackle. The best prototype left tackle in this draft, Okung could fill that void right away. Mike Shanahan has always put an emphasis on his running game and Okung is the type of tackle that he could build his run game around.

5. Kansas City Chiefs - Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
Last year, Kansas City made a huge reach when they selected LSU defensive lineman Tyson Jackson, with the No. 3 overall pick. I don't think they're going to do that again. This is a deep draft and there are plenty of options available for Scott Pioli. None more enticing than Berry. A playmaker with tremendous amount of range, Berry has drawn legit comparisons to Ed Reed. His expectations might be a little high considering that comparison and the national hype hes received, but hes capable of delivering from day one.

6. Seattle Seahawks - Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
Seattle's new offensive line coach Alex Gibbs is known for turning late round offensive lineman into starting quality players. This time he might get a first round talent to work with. Williams is a fast rising prospect that has the versatility to play anywhere along the line. However, if he's selected this high, he'll be looked at as a potential left tackle. While I have concerns about whether or not he's a better left tackle than right, the physical skills are all there for coach Gibbs to work with.

7. Cleveland Browns - Earl Thomas, S, Texas
Ideally Cleveland would love to land Eric Berry, but there is a good chance he's off the board when they pick. If that's the case, Cleveland may end up moving down for a player like Thomas. A ball-hawking safety with good range, Thomas is a prospect with a ton of upside. He would give the Browns a legit playmaker in their secondary. In fact, some would argue that Thomas at No. 7 is worth it, and in the end, Cleveland may just select him in this slot.

8. Oakland Raiders - Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
It doesnt matter what any of us think. All that matters here is what Al Davis thinks. Oakland is always a wild card when it comes to the draft. Look no further than their decision to select Darrius Heyward-Bey over Michael Crabtree a year ago. This year, the Raiders are in the market for a tackle. While better tackles are likely to be on the board, Campbell is the most athletic tackle to come out in recent memory. He looks the part, but doesn't necessary play the part well. Still we all know that Mr. Davis wont back away from selecting someone with that label, regardless of the position.

9. Buffalo Bills - Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
The Bills have a lot of holes to fill on both sides of the ball and because of that, they could go in a number of directions with this pick. However, they're biggest need is a left tackle. Bulaga might not have the long arms that scouts like, but when he plays, hes as good as any tackle in this draft. Maybe most importantly, he's been well coached by Kirk Ferentz and can come in and start from day one.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
The toughest player to project in this draft, Clausen could experience a free fall similar to what Aaron Rodgers and Brady Quinn had to endure. While inconsistent and not that athletic, Clausen showed major improvements as a passer last season. The talent is there and he played in a pro offense at Notre Dame. This is admittedly an outside of the box type of projection, but David Garrard is not irreplaceable. Clausen could potentially develop and start in the future.

11. Denver Broncos - Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
With Brandon Marshall's future in Denver looking cloudier by the day, the Broncos may decide to address receiver in this slot. With his combination of size, route running and hands, Bryant has all the tools to be a No. 1 receiver in the pros. However, his character issues are well documented and some teams may of taken him of their board entirely. Still something tells me Josh McDaniels won't shy away from taking a chance on the talented receiver assuming Marshall's days in Denver are done.

Update: Denver has traded Brandon Marshall to Miami for their 2010 & 2011 second round picks.

12. Miami Dolphins - Sergio Kindle, LB, Texas
If there is one position Bill Parcells may favor the most its linebacker. He always manages to stockpile quality linebackers, but hasnt done so in Miami. However, Id argue he never had a chance considering what was available when his team was on the clock. Kindle is a rushing linebacker that compares very well to his former teammate and 2009 first-round pick Brian Orakpo. If you like Orakpo, then youre probably high on Kindle. Miami has already added Karlos Dansby this off season and the addition of Kindle would go along way in solidifying their linebacker core.

13. San Francisco 49ers - Joe Haden, CB, Florida
Every year, give or take, half of the playoff spots go to teams that werent in the playoffs the year prior. San Francisco is a good candidate to be that type of team in 2010, if they can land an impact player(s) in this draft. A tremendous talent with excellent cover skills, Haden's combine wasn't great, but he went along ways to reassuring teams with a very good proday. I think he's a top 15 pick.

14. Seattle Seahawks - C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
The Seahawks need offensive lineman, but they also are in great need of playmakers. Spiller is one of the most exciting prospects in this draft. He is the definition of an all-purpose back as hell run the ball, catch passes and return kicks. Keep in mind Pete Carroll loved dynamic backs in college and Spiller is certainly that type of player.

15. N.Y. Giants - Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama
The consensus seems to be that New York will select a defensive player with their first pick with linebacker being a strong possibility. McClain is a powerful run stopper that would bring attitude back to the Giants' front seven. Perhaps the biggest endorser for McClain in the NFL is his college coach Nick Saban, who speaks very highly of his former player. Despite his stint in the pros, Saban's word is still respect around the league. The Giants philosophy has been about building a strong front seven. Keep that in mind when they're on the clock.

16. Tennessee Titans - Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida
Tennessee relies on its front four to get after the quarterback, but that rush wasnt there as consistently in 2009 as it was in 2008. Pierre-Paul wasn't the most productive player last season. Not by any stretch, but hes a workout warrior, who has an undeniable amount of athleticism. I think he's a boom or bust prospect, but if you hit on an elite pass rusher, it can do wonders for your defense.

17. San Francisco 49ers - Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
San Francisco needs help along the offensive line and they could get it by drafting one of the most raw players in this draft. Davis certainly looks the part with his measurables and while I dont think hes going to be an all-pro, he has a chance to be very solid at the next level. Very solid left tackles are hard to find.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers - Maurkice Pouncey, OL, Florida
Pittsburgh needs offensive line help, which makes Pouncey an enticing option for them at this point in the draft. He's one of the best center prospects to come out in years with his combination of size and athleticism. The Steelers threw the ball a lot last season, but they want to get back to their roots. Pouncey blocking for Rashard Mendenhall does that.

19. Atlanta Falcons - Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
A team that could be ready to take the next step and become a serious contender is the Falcons. They have a lot of quality young talent up and down their roster, but they also have the veterans to provide experience where necessary. They do need help along their defensive line and could address the need with this selection. Morgan is the most complete defensive end in this draft and maybe one of it's most safest players. He may not be great at one particular skill, but he's an all around good football player that can rush the passer and play the run well.

20. Houston Texans - Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
Corner is a huge concern when you play in the same division as Peyton Manning and you lose your No. 1 corner in free agency. That's why Houston could address that position come draft day. Wilson has emerged as the second best corner in this draft, due to his cover skills and the fact that hes very physical despite his size. He's comparable to Antoine Winfield, which is exactly the type of corner the Texans need if theyre going to combat Indianapolis receivers.

21. Cincinnati Bengals - Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
It's pretty clear Cincinnati's No. 1 priority this off season has been to find pass catchers for Carson Palmer. Its well established that Gresham is a great receiving threat. Anytime a tight end can lineup as a receiver, it can create a problem for opposing defenses. The only concern I have is his durability. He missed all of the 2009 season, but he appears to be well on his way to recovery. Adding Gresham would finally give the Bengals the tight end they've been lacking for so long.

22. New England Patriots - Jared Odrick, DE, Penn State
New England is a team retooling their roster and this might be the draft that puts them back over the top. With their defensive line not as strong as it once was, New England could turn to a player like Odrick. He has a tremendous work ethic and good showing at the Senior Bowl has pushed him in round one. Teams that run the 3-4 may covet him. Not only is he a good fit on the field for the Patriots, but he'd also fit their locker room.

23. Green Bay Packers - Brandon Graham, LB, Michigan
Most people have the Packers pegged to select an offensive tackle with their first pick, but Green Bay needs to continue to build their 3-4 defense. The Packers weren't able to sustain a consistent pass rush opposite of Clay Matthews. Graham could provide that as an outside linebacker in the 3-4. He has an explosive first step and is stout against the run, but his high motor and work ethic is what would make him an ideal Ted Thompson selection.

24. Philadelphia Eagles - Mike Iupati, OL, Idaho
Young talent isnt a problem for Philadelphia. Theyve done a nice job of enriching their roster with a core of young players that will lead them into the next decade. The Eagles' draft philosophy has been to draft lineman early. If they stick to their philosophy, Iupati makes sense as an option inside. He's a mauler that has the ability to be one of the best guards in football. There are legit comparisons between him and Steve Hutchinson, who in my view, was the best guard of the last decade.

25. Baltimore Ravens - Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
Baltimore has done a nice job in the last two drafts of assembling offensive talent, but I don't expect them to let up in this draft. Thomas has all the physical tools to be a Pro Bowl caliber player. I have reservations because he didn't play in a pro style caliber offense and is an inexperience route runner because of this, but his talent is undeniable. I'm not sure he's worth a first round pick though. However, Ozzie Newsome is one of the best general mangers in the NFL. If anyone has earned the benefit of the doubt, it's him.

26. Arizona Cardinals - Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
One of the under the radar stories of this postseason was just how bad Arizona's defense was. They gave up 45 points in both their playoff games and they loss a couple of key players on their defense in the off season. If Ken Whisenhunt wants to get physical, Williams makes sense. He would give Arizona a physical presence in the middle of their defensive line. Not only is he stout against the run, but he also has the ability to provide a little extra pass rush which is a bonus for a player of his size.

27. Dallas Cowboys - Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri
When looking up and down Dallas' roster, its hard to find a need. Not impossible, but hard. The Cowboys could opt to draft for the future with this pick. Possibly an inside linebacker. Weatherspoon is aggressive. Sometimes too aggressive, but hes good at blitzing and is excellent in pursuit. He would eventually replace Keith Brooking as Dallas' inside linebacker and help solidify their 3-4 front.

28. San Diego Chargers - Ryan Matthews, RB, Fresno State
While nothing is set in stone, it's pretty clear San Diego is going to target a RB early in this draft. Most believe that Matthews is the second best overall back in this draft. A compact runner, Matthews is the type of player that can carry the ball 20-plus times a game and help in the receiving game. He and Darren Sproles would compliment one another very well in the Chargers' backfield.

29. N.Y. Jets - Jerry Hughes, LB, TCU
New York is an ascending team and they've really gone all out this off season. I wouldn't be surprised if they trade down from this slot or select a player to develop. Hughes is a perfect canidate to make the switch from defensive end to outside linebacker in the 3-4. He's an athletic pass rusher that has a knack for making big plays. Rex Ryans defensive philosophy is so simple that youve got to love it. He wants to get after the quarterback. Hughes can do that.

30. Minnesota Vikings - Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers
Quietly, Minnesota has done a great job of drafting talent. One thing they put a big emphasis on is being able to contribute to special teams. Chad Greenway and Percy Harvin are two examples of that. McCourty not only would get a lot of playing time at corner, but also contribute as a special teams player. By displaying his athleticism at the Senior Bowl and combine, he has put himself into late first-round consideration.

31. Indianapolis Colts - Charles Brown, OT, Southern California
After criticizing his offensive line after losing the Super Bowl, it would make perfect sense for Bill Polian to address it in the NFL draft. Brown helped his stock at the Combine by just weighing in. Some consider him a little lean, but he came in at 6-5 and 303 pounds. He has the frame to add more bulk, but playing left tackle for Peyton Manning has it's advantages. Manning will make him look better as he develops. It's also worth noting Indianapolis can kick Charlie Johnson or Tony Ugoh inside if they go this route in the draft.

32. New Orleans Saints - Everson Griffen, DE, Southern California
Last year, New Orleans' defense got hot at the right time and it was a big reason for the Saints Super Bowl run. However, the defense still needs talent particularly up front. Going into the year, there were questions about Griffen's consistency, but he had a very good 2009 season and combine, which has put him back on the map. At this point in the draft, there really isnt a defensive lineman that provides the combination of talent and value in this slot that Griffen has.
Packers_Finland
14 years ago
Yeah, Brandon Graham FTW.

Dez Bryant at #11 looks unlikely. I doubt McDaniels wants another WR with "personality issues".
This is a placeholder
dfosterf
14 years ago
I'd also consider mocking Dan Williams to Miami at 12.

This is a good mock. I don't like it. I don't like it because I think it is pretty accurate and leaves us with some extremely difficult decisions.

Is Graham a 3-4 OLB? I lean towards him NOT being one, and I also think Koa Misi might make it to our 2nd round pick, but then again Charles Brown does NOT excite me, plus I'd like McCourty to push Bush OUT of a job, and Hughes looks more/ just as much like a 3-4 OLB, but not at all sure about that either, and Nate Allen is still there, along with Taylor friggin' Mays, plus Iupati....

AAAAAGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Trade back if we have a partner!!!!!!!

Good mock Porky.

If Miami takes Williams instead of Kindle, maybe HE falls to us, and my life becomes easier in your scenario, lol

:signarg:
Rockmolder
14 years ago
I like the mock.

I'm not too into Koa Misi. He's horribly overrated. I'm beginning to like Hughes more and more. He's just such a good pass rusher, so fast, fluid, has such great moves. To be quite honest, I'm surprised that everyone has Kindle and Graham going before him.

But if there's one person who can explain me why, it's Porky. Do you have any idea? Is there some flaw that I'm missing?
porky88
  • porky88
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
I think Graham is one of the ten best players in the draft. If he were 6-3 or 6-4, he'd be a top ten pick IMO. I think he'll make a nice transition to OLB in the 3-4. Lamarr Woodley and Anthony Spencer are comparisons. He's explosive and has a high motor. Nice athleticism. A little raw standing up, but not stiff like Aaron Kampman. He had his way with Bryan Bulaga by the way, who dominated Derrick Morgan. I think that's worth pointing out.

I think Josh McDaniels getting rid of Brandon Marshall had more to do with him wanting to bring in his own players than character. Yeah obviously character played a role, but if you look at Parcells and Belichick, they clean house wherever they go and bring in their guys. Now maybe Bryant isn't there guy, but there does seem to be some general interest.

I see Miami looking at JPP, Kindle, Williams and Thomas. Not sure what I'll do yet in my final one. JPP is the same type of athlete that DeMarcus Ware is. However, he's just so raw and there isn't much productive. He's a big boom or bust. I'm kinda leaning that way because I don't think he'll fall to Tennessee.

Thanks for the comments.
TheKanataThrilla
14 years ago
Great job with all the analysis Porky. I honestly hope it doesn't play out this way as the more I think about it I have this feeling we are going Corner in the first round. The NFC North is fast becoming the Division of the Quarterback. If Kyle Wilson manages to fall I'm guessing we may select him, or perhaps trade back and select Devin McCourty who could also improve our special teams if Wilson is already off the board.
Fan Shout
beast (9h) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (9h) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (10h) : fuck
beast (10h) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (10h) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (11h) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (11h) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (11h) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (11h) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (11h) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (12h) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (12h) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (13h) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (13h) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (13h) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (13h) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.