nerdmann
13 years ago

Please no Demariyus Thomas.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

Can he return punts?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Packers_Finland
13 years ago

Please no Demariyus Thomas.

"nerdmann" wrote:

Can he return punts?

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

Not that I'm aware of, I don't think he had any experience of that during college.

Plus, I don't get why everyone is so high on this guy. He runs terrible routes, drops passes, just got injured and thus hasn't had the chance to show his skills in workouts. And his college production wasn't all that great (but he was in a run-heavy offense so that might not be a big factor). I still think he SHOULD go in the third round, but he WILL be taken late first, early second.
This is a placeholder
Lynn_Dickey
13 years ago

OK, bad example. I just looked at the depth chart and he's now the starter. But you know what I mean.

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

Actually zombie, I didn't know what you meant, but I get what you are saying now.

I took the term "starter" too literally; he meant more like starting caliber players. That makes much more sense.

My reading of his statement made it stick out like Big Ben's p.... ehm, well you get the idea.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

WOW...that joke was waaayyyy out of line. (I will steal it and use it)
blank
earthquake
13 years ago
I think the 4 players comment has more to do with the quality of players available in this draft(since it will likely be the last draft without a rookie wage scale) than it has to do with need or anything else. You can say the same about getting back into the 2nd round, i think a lot of people view the 1st round talent as stretching way into the 2nd this year, and i bet a lot of GMs around the league are thinking along the same lines.

But you never know with TT, you just never know so its virtually pointless to speculate on what he'll do, not that it isn't fun to do so anyway. 🙂
blank
Rockmolder
13 years ago
No rumor from Arrigo, but I thought that it'd fit in nicely here.

I'm being told ESPN's Adam Schefter spoke on SportsCenter about the Packers trading up into 9-10-11 area. No confirmation yet, though.

"Brian Carriveau" wrote:

Of course, we are in misinformation week.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
I think if the Packers were to trade into the top 15 people like dhazer would have a damn heart attack.
UserPostedImage
13 years ago
last year i was almost 100% we'd take Raji and we did. this year, i'm almost 100% that the first move is going to be a complete surprise to all of us.

and i love it.

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

13 years ago

I'm being told ESPN's Adam Schefter spoke on SportsCenter about the Packers trading up into 9-10-11 area. No confirmation yet, though.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

"Brian Carriveau" wrote:

That's an interesting rumor. If it has legs, that means that Thompson has been in contact with Buffalo/Jacksonville/Denver about what they are looking for for their 1st round pick. This kind of rumor can actually hold some water for that reason. There are potential "leaks".

That's CJ Spiller, Eric Berry, Joe Haden land right there.
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
13 years ago

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

"Rockmolder" wrote:

That's an interesting rumor. If it has legs, that means that Thompson has been in contact with Buffalo/Jacksonville/Denver about what they are looking for for their 1st round pick. This kind of rumor can actually hold some water for that reason. There are potential "leaks".

That's CJ Spiller, Eric Berry, Joe Haden land right there.

"Brian Carriveau" wrote:

I would be pretty amazed if Berry is there, but if he is that would be a very sweet pick-up and have me mighty impressed with Ted.

Spiller and Haden are great, but I wouldn't mind staying at 23 and drafting BPA rather than trade up for them.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago
Of course Ted Thompson thinks Daryn Colledge and Jason Spitz are starters.

Oh, wait, so do most fans. Never mind.

Just have to jerk my knee every so often.

More seriously, though. I just don't get the "number of starters" argument. IMO it should never be the number of starters -- it should be the quality of starters that you get.

Rodgers is fantastic starter quality. Home run. Jennings is great starter. Triple with two men on. Collins is solid. Mike Wahle at OG was a great starter. Daryn Colledge is (I'll be optimistic today) merely a servicable starter. David Klemm was an awful starter.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Fan Shout
dfosterf (10h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (12h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (14h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (15h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (17h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (18h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Around The NFL / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.