Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I remember on this forum when everyone doubted Aaron.

"Cal2GreenBay" wrote:

Everyone huh? How about you take me off ignore and read what I said about the kid? K, thanks.

There's many who felt he'd be good.

My line on Rodgers from day one was ... he'll win us more games than he'll cost us. Meaning, I felt he would be good, but not great and also wouldn't make foolish throws to cost us a game.

He's proven to be great so far, statistically speaking. I think he's going to improve.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

WHOOPS...sorry ZERO....let me rephrase.

Nobody except Zero and myself believed in Aaron.

"Cal2GreenBay" wrote:

lol there were more than jus a few ... my point is ... not everyone was one way or the other. but most Packers fan's were hoping for the best and believed in him. did we expect him to be as good as he is? not many of us in my opinion. including me.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago
I was sold on Aaron at that Cows game in '07. He worked magic and almost got us to beat the hated Cows.

I don't see the everyone on this forum thing. I think it was a pretty even split. Heck, I exaggerate too, but not that much.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
Pack93z
14 years ago
I have doubts about every draft pick the Packers have ever made.. how they project into the Pro game from college is an inexact science.

But that doesn't mean that I don't want them to succeed.... or that I can't see the positives as well as the negatives of every pick.

And honestly looking at the Tedford lineage of QB's is questionable.. so there were some built in doubts.. but you could also see some of the will and determination to win from the kid.

I also was critical of some of the things he has said, the shut up comment.. or the stepping into the Kampman deal publicly.. in the same time liking his bravado and confidence.

His half against the Patriots in his first extended action left some doubts.. not on his talent.. but he looked so lost that it was a little worrisome. Then his progression to the Cowboy game the next season.. I had little doubts that he could become our QB.

Overall his handling of the Favre divorce in general.. sold me on the Aaron the person. I would not want anyone else today under center. None..

Just like any other player.. for me.. he has to build the bridge from my hope that he will be a player to proving it. Always been that way for me.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
zombieslayer
14 years ago
For the record, I'm not going to call out any names, but there are those on this forum (or any forum) who think that criticism means dislike.

Even when I was sold on Aaron and was of course rooting for him as he was MY QB, I thought he would hold the ball too long and risk sacks to make a bigger play downfield. That was a genuine criticism. He didn't fix this until later on in the '09 season.

I also thought he should take off running more. Heck, he may be the 2nd best scrambling QB in the NFL (the first probably shouldn't even be classified as a QB as he can't hit the side of a barn).

I remember Raider fans here in SF going nuts every time John Elway would take off and get 8 yards when there was an almost sack. Aaron can and should do that as it starts making LBs doubt their positions and opens up areas that they are supposed to be covering.

Cal - I like you. Don't get me wrong. I just think you went a little overboard saying that nobody on this forum believed in Aaron.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
voiceofreason
14 years ago
I have loved Rodgers from the get go. Went to CAL. (love cal) Almost single handedly upset doUSCbag. Number 1 on my board. Investigate my few posts, and the majority laud A-Rod. (AKA:The Future) I sincerely hope he ends his packer career holding every team QB record.
blank
porky88
14 years ago
Hey I'll be the first to admit I was off on Rodgers. He did need time to develop. It took him two years, but by 07, he was ready to go. He's clearly a top 10 QB now. Interesting to go back and read what some people thought on him. It was very split.
Kingkoopa
14 years ago
That's hysterical that he called out the Packers for that. I wonder what he was thinking when they were the ones that picked him! LOL
blank
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Anyone who says "everyone" scoffed at the Rodgers pick has clearly never read my posts. After we were unable to draft Philip Rivers the year before, I was ecstatic that we nailed down Rodgers.

Then again, I was thrilled we landed Brohm too. Shows what I know. ๐Ÿ˜‰
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago

I have loved Rodgers from the get go. Went to CAL. (love cal) Almost single handedly upset doUSCbag. Number 1 on my board. Investigate my few posts, and the majority laud A-Rod. (AKA:The Future) I sincerely hope he ends his packer career holding every team QB record.

"voiceofreason" wrote:

I don't care about the records. I want Rodgers to retire as a Packer with 4 SB rings.

Non - Brohm was a common sense pick. We needed depth. I don't think anyone expected him to suck as much as he did.

Buffalo's problem now.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Cal2GreenBay
14 years ago
I retract my statement that "EVERYONE" doubted Aaron (Zombie, etc)...
Although I never did say everyone "criticized" Aaron. I said that everyone "doubted" Aaron. And I can say w/certainty that there were quite a few that doubted him.

What I DID mean is that it just seemed a little bit of a reach for people
to "doubt" Aaron and then "tout" Ingle Martin and then Brian Brohm as QB's
who were more promising than he was.

You can see those posts in search.

Also don't get me wrong either. I like all of you guys. I was just trying to do some good natured ribbing while going down memory lane of the 05 draft ๐Ÿ™‚
blank
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (1h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (1h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (4h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (5h) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (7h) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (8h) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (13h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (13h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said heโ€™s been told he wonโ€™t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (20h) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (20h) : *game plan
Martha Careful (21h) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Random Babble / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright ยฉ 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comโ„ข. All Rights Reserved.