DakotaT
13 years ago
I could give a rat's ass about sack totals. Most of them happened while the o-line was shifting around covering for the injured tackles. I'm a lot more interested in how our offense ranked overall - which I have no complaints.

I think Clifton and Tauscher both give us another year as starters, but that's it. In the last two drafts we have gotten three lineman of the future in Bulaga, Lang, and Newhouse. I hope to see all three get playing time this year. I really would like to see one of them playing LG in place of Colledge.

Spitz, well let's just see where his back injury is before punching him in anywhere. I also view Scottie Wells as serviceable, but should be replaced down the road.

I am glad we have finally drafted some real O-lineman and not beefed up tight ends. Campen needs to put together a more cohesive unit, one that can run the ball. With our passing game, running the ball should not look as difficult as they have made it appear to us fans.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Bitch all you want, for you feel you have that right. As I feel I have the right to speak my piece.

Clifton, Colledge, Spitz, Sitton, Barbre = Dogshit
Clifton, Colledge, Wells, Sitton, Tauscher = Good

I'm not going to be a fool and blast the "Good" OL for the mistakes of the "Dogshit" OL. I'm not just not that way. I happen to be more objective. However, when it comes down to it, they are all the OL.

I simply feel from watching the games the "Good" OL performed well, especially when Aaron got rid of the ball quicker. I am a huge Aaron fan, but give me a damn break, there were several sacks he could have avoided with a quick trigger release out of bounds. Hey, let's forget specifics and objectivity, its just more fun to say THE OL FUCKING SUCKS BURN IN HELL! Because that's a rational way of thinking. ๐Ÿ™‚ lol (it did feel good to type that hah)

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I'd take Cliffy, Spitz, Wells, Sitton, Tauscher.

Spitz just seemed more consistent than Colledge.

And bitching? I'm calling their performance "unacceptable." When you lead the NFL in sacks, what am I supposed to say? Our OL ruled? Our OL was the best in the NFL? Come on.

Ted Thompson knew our OL sucked. Look at his draft. It was addressing our OL.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I was talking about last season, not what OL you'd take. Were you degrading your selected OL or one of the two groups from last season? I'm not confused. As I said, the "Dogshit" group was unacceptable. The "Good" group did a good job WHEN Aaron stopped hanging onto the ball too long. I see how you kindly sidestepped that fact. Nice!

Our OL in the second half did not suck. First half, that'd be too nice of a word to describe their performance, lol.

The Packers KNOW Mark and Chad won't last forever, hence the drafted players. It's called planning for the future and replenishing your talent level. It's something every team (attempts) does.

Anyhow I think we're on two separate pages here. You generalize with venom and I'm looking at more of the specific causes of the crappy OL. Including the QB holding the ball too long!!
UserPostedImage
Lynn_Dickey
13 years ago
I have had a few drinks, but let me say this....Hey Colledge...BLOW ME!!! If you you don't like it, then QUIT!!! get a job in a factory like the rest of us, swaeting out your life min wage. Fuc&^%^$ @sshole primadonna! OK, I have gone too far....but u get my point!
blank
tromadz
13 years ago
I've been a Colledge supporter since day 1, and he HAS improved the last couple years, but...shut your mouth, whore.
zombieslayer
13 years ago

I was talking about last season, not what OL you'd take. Were you degrading your selected OL or one of the two groups from last season? I'm not confused. As I said, the "Dogshit" group was unacceptable. The "Good" group did a good job WHEN Aaron stopped hanging onto the ball too long. I see how you kindly sidestepped that fact. Nice!

Our OL in the second half did not suck. First half, that'd be too nice of a word to describe their performance, lol.

The Packers KNOW Mark and Chad won't last forever, hence the drafted players. It's called planning for the future and replenishing your talent level. It's something every team (attempts) does.

Anyhow I think we're on two separate pages here. You generalize with venom and I'm looking at more of the specific causes of the crappy OL. Including the QB holding the ball too long!!

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Sidestep the issue? I never said Aaron doesn't need to get rid of the ball faster. Show me where I said that.

That's something that will come with time though. Look at Favre's release in '93 and compare it to '09. Heck, a better example would be Kurt Warner. His release got a heck of a lot faster once he got his first concussion.

I don't see how I'm venomous. If anything, I'm being too kind. Quote me on this thread where I'm being venomous. For an OL that leads the NFL in sacks (yes, and this was partly Aaron's fault), I refrained from using profanity, which if anything took a lot of restraint on my part.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
You're faulting the entire OL for what happened in the first 6-8 games, even though the QB and OL turned it up a notch and collectively improved as the season continued. You don't seem willing to acknowledge that.

Is our OL set? Hel, err no profanity, heck no! Our bookends are capable, but for how much longer? Our Center did well, our RG I think is our RG for the future. We have some holes in our depth. I believe Spitz can be a very good LG.

I'm more worried about our tackles than the interior. I think our interior will be fine for a few years to come.

I just don't think our OL is as bad as some speak towards it. Maybe Bulaga and Newhouse are the tackles of the future? I don't know. I just know our OL isn't the worst in the league, nor the best. Err the OL of Clifton, Colledge, Wells, Sitton and Tauscher that is. I wouldn't mind seeing Spitz take over and maybe Lang at RT.

Bulaga, Spitz, Wells, Sitton, Lang = the future?
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago
M biggest complaint with Colledge is his lack of consistency in the basic fundamentals.. I know he can play effectively at this level.. I have witnessed him do so.

The problem I see is that he must lose focus or something in the course of a game/season.. because his play becomes erratic in nature.. 08 he had a solid season overall.. but he was back to his unstable ways last season.. and he was isolated to guard primarily.

Does the switchero hurt the performance of the offensive line.. yep. Does it retard young lineman's develop, IMO, yep. So the underlying premise I concur with Colledge (mark it down as probably the only time, lol )

But until he cleans up his game to the point where is is consistent for more than a game or two.. I think he should worry more upon that then whining in the press.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
zombieslayer
13 years ago

You're faulting the entire OL for what happened in the first 6-8 games, even though the QB and OL turned it up a notch and collectively improved as the season continued. You don't seem willing to acknowledge that.

Is our OL set? Hel, err no profanity, heck no! Our bookends are capable, but for how much longer? Our Center did well, our RG I think is our RG for the future. We have some holes in our depth. I believe Spitz can be a very good LG.

I'm more worried about our tackles than the interior. I think our interior will be fine for a few years to come.

I just don't think our OL is as bad as some speak towards it. Maybe Bulaga and Newhouse are the tackles of the future? I don't know. I just know our OL isn't the worst in the league, nor the best. Err the OL of Clifton, Colledge, Wells, Sitton and Tauscher that is. I wouldn't mind seeing Spitz take over and maybe Lang at RT.

Bulaga, Spitz, Wells, Sitton, Lang = the future?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I do acknowledge we've improved and that in the 2nd half of the season, we were a "not bad" line. Also, look back at what I said. I said Aaron was partly to blame, but like Kurt Warner and Brett Favre, he's learning the hard way that you got to get rid of the ball faster. I specifically used K Warner as my example of what Aaron needs to do.

Actually, Bulaga, Spitz, Wells, Sitton, Lang I hope is the future. Elsewhere, I said that Cliffy and Tausch are dang good Tackles, but we can't expect them both to last 19 games.
Ted Thompson addressed our OL. He did the right thing in the draft. I hope Bulaga lives up to the hype and Spitz stays healthy. Lang looks promising. Wells and Sitton I like as well.

Colledge may be a career backup, and thus he needs to be a little bit more humble.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Clifton and Tauscher lasting all 19 season games for the Packers is a concern, but for me not a huge one. I think between them both, we may miss 3-4 games with most of them being Clifton. My beef with Clifton is his failing to line up in proper formation and false start penalties.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (12h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (13h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : โ€œWeโ€™re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.โ€
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#ร—k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. ๐Ÿ˜
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
24m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright ยฉ 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comโ„ข. All Rights Reserved.