Rockmolder
13 years ago
The Ice Bowl is a historic game.

The Ice Bowl is also a game of which some people are still feeling the hypothermia effects today. The game where the teams racked up just over 200 yards passing. The game where they ran the ball about 40 times each and didn't even get a 100 yards. In reality, it pretty much sucked. It's just the epic ending and extreme weather that makes it a classic.

Very much like "The Greatest Game Ever Played", which really wasn't that great.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

Nothing to do. No place to go.

"IronMan" wrote:

This I disagree with.

"wpr" wrote:

I know. I do too. This is an over simplification and generalization that the "New York" types will say.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

The Ice Bowl is also a game of which some people are still feeling the hypothermia effects today. The game where the teams racked up just over 200 yards passing. The game where they ran the ball about 40 times each and didn't even get a 100 yards. In reality, it pretty much sucked. It's just the epic ending and extreme weather that makes it a classic.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

While I understand and agree with your point it is not exactly accurate. They rushed 33 and 32 times for 90 & 82 yards. If they had rushed 40 they both could have been over 100 yards.

Statistical comparison
	Dallas Cowboys 	Green Bay Packers
First downs 	11 	     18
 rushing 	 4 	     5
 passing 	 6 	     10
 penalty 	 1 	     3
Total yards 	192 	     195
Passing yards 	100 	     115
Comp-att 	11-26         14-24
Yards/ attempt 	3.8 	     4.8
Ints- yards 	0-0 	     1-15
Rushing yards 	92 	     80
Rushing att 	33 	     32
Yards per rush 	2.8 	     2.5
Penalties       7-58 	     2-10
Fumbles-lost 	3-1 	     3-2
Punts-Average 	8-39.1       8-28.8 

UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
13 years ago

"wpr" wrote:

While I understand and agree with your point it is not exactly accurate. They rushed 33 and 32 times for 90 & 82 yards. If they had rushed 40 they both could have been over 100 yards.

Statistical comparison
	Dallas Cowboys 	Green Bay Packers
First downs 	11 	     18
 rushing 	 4 	     5
 passing 	 6 	     10
 penalty 	 1 	     3
Total yards 	192 	     195
Passing yards 	100 	     115
Comp-att 	11-26         14-24
Yards/ attempt 	3.8 	     4.8
Ints- yards 	0-0 	     1-15
Rushing yards 	92 	     80
Rushing att 	33 	     32
Yards per rush 	2.8 	     2.5
Penalties       7-58 	     2-10
Fumbles-lost 	3-1 	     3-2
Punts-Average 	8-39.1       8-28.8 

"Rockmolder" wrote:

I like to over-do it.

It still stand, though. In 40 carries, they would've gone over a 100 yards. Thing is, if you don't get over 100 in 30, you're having a pretty bad game. And with both of these teams, you expect them to go over 100 yards with 30 carries every single game. The field was just horrible and the conditions were awful.
PackerTraxx
13 years ago
You're right, with an attitude of "we can't" it will never happen. Hopefully, someone with a "we can" attitude comes along and makes it happen. Then the first party will say "what happened".

Green Bay should have a Super Bowl and so should Chicago, they're charter members not Texas, Tampa, Miami etc. I know it most likely will never happen but that doesn't mean it shouldn't and couldn't.

I like the cruise ship idea, are the rooms heated? LOL I don't buy the motel excuse. You could get to Lambeau quicker from Milwaukee and Madison quicker that from most spots in the big cities and suburbs of the big cities and would most likely cost less also considering motel and gas costs.

The weather could be a challenge. But with the 100's of millions of dollars it would bring in you would think some bright engineer could come up with a temporary dome. The temp doesn't have to be 70 degrees. If it's -10 and you just raise it to +10 with no wind all the player would be wairing short sleeves. At least the Packers would it they were in it!
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Pack93z
13 years ago

The weather could be a challenge. But with the 100's of millions of dollars it would bring in you would think some bright engineer could come up with a temporary dome. The temp doesn't have to be 70 degrees. If it's -10 and you just raise it to +10 with no wind all the player would be wairing short sleeves. At least the Packers would it they were in it!

"PackerTraxx" wrote:

Hmmm.. I know this certain VR feller with an engineering degree.. but we would have to wipe that idea out.. since it would be tinted purple.

We have a recent graduate with an engineering degree upon forum.. wonder what type of idea he could hatch together.. ;)

That said.. I don't think the average NFL fan would object to a SB in Green Bay.. I think Corporate America would have a fit and like it or not.. the SB isn't a fan's game anymore.. it is chasing that corporate dollar... I just don't see it happening.

Would love it though.. should be how the game is played.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
PackerTraxx
13 years ago
Minnesota had "temporary" dome for years! ! ! ! ! :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile:
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
13 years ago

Minnesota had "temporary" dome for years! ! ! ! ! :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

"PackerTraxx" wrote:

And what a travesty it is. I still remember leaving that enlarged bingo parlor after the one game I went to see there, and having the pressurization push me out the door. It was like God didn't want me to be there. I'm fine never going back.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

"pack93z" wrote:

Hmmm.. I know this certain VR feller with an engineering degree.. but we would have to wipe that idea out.. since it would be tinted purple.

We have a recent graduate with an engineering degree upon forum.. wonder what type of idea he could hatch together.. ;)

That said.. I don't think the average NFL fan would object to a SB in Green Bay.. I think Corporate America would have a fit and like it or not.. the SB isn't a fan's game anymore.. it is chasing that corporate dollar... I just don't see it happening.

Would love it though.. should be how the game is played.

"PackerTraxx" wrote:

If anyone doubts if it's a fan's game or headed up for Corporate America, just look into how much it costs for a 30 second commercial during the Super Bowl.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago
Prediction:
1. The NY/New Jersey Super Bowl will, despite record efforts at hype by the NFL, be a record flop.
2. Because of #1, the "cold weather super bowl" experiment will be a one and out.

Selling the "Frozen Tundra", Titletown, Lombardi, Ice Bowl tradition, is one thing. Selling whatever that stadium they play in NY is? Hahahha.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (10h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

23h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.