zombieslayer
13 years ago
Breath of fresh air. Nice to see someone who isn't so politically correct and sound like they hired a PR guy to monitor their every thought.

Another thing about Chico people is Chico people have been known to joke a lot, but when it comes to politics, they speak their mind. Chico has a very high percentage of voters in city council elections. Heck, as political as I am, I can't name one City Council member here, but I knew all of them by name (and one in person) when I lived in Chico.

What does that have to do with it? Everything. Chico people speak their mind. If you lived there, you'd understand what I was talking about.

Good for him.

If someone was knocking me before the draft, I'll be sure to remember.

One other thing. With some folks, when they get insulted, they get all butt hurt and withdraw. The strong use insults as motivation. It's obvious Aaron does the latter.

I'm starting to like Aaron more and more every year.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
TengoJuego
13 years ago
"New logo, new uniforms...worked for the Lions."

Our quarterback is awesome.
13 years ago

Breath of fresh air. Nice to see someone who isn't so politically correct and sound like they hired a PR guy to monitor their every thought.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

QFT.

and for the record...i'm a helluva lot more comfortable with somebody not afraid to say what's on his mind than i am some guy we know of who acted like a complete asshole in local GB bars and...ahem...steakhouses.

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

Wamzlee
13 years ago
Aaron Rodgers has been really on the offensive against ESPN, first Todd McShay  and now this.

Aaron clearly sees ESPN for what it is. A joke. ESPN has sacrificed quality sports analysis with foolhardy entertainment with hacks as hosts (surprised he hasn't taken a shot yet at Mel Kiper, Jr.). ESPN has never treated Green Bay with any respect, primarily because it's not located on an oceanic coastline.

Clearly Aaron wants to burn bridges with people who are two-faced or do not take their job seriously.
blank
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Dang, I wish I could type the entire transcript. I'm listening to it again, freaking hilarious. If you've listened to this once, listen to it again, you'll pick up a lot of the under breath comments, laughin/chuckles... lol great.

lol@new uniforms, new lorgos ........... Worked for the lions right?

Referring to LeBron landing with the Clippers ...
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
13 years ago
Tony Kornheiser on Being Ripped by Aaron Rodgers: I tried to establish a rapport; I guess that didnt exist 

By TheBigLead

Aaron Rodgers, the QB of the Green Bay Packers, blasted ESPNs Tony Kornheiser in a radio interview yesterday, saying the former Monday Night Football announcer knew nothing about sports. The comments seemed extremely random, seeing as how Kornheiser wasnt on MNF last season, and his last time in the booth was December of 2008 (Green Bay had three Monday Night games that season). The topic wasnt discussed on PTI, but we spoke with Kornheiser a few moments ago.

My guess is that his comments had to do with the fact that during his first season, I was publicly critical of the Packers, which had a 13-3 team, and got rid of [Brett] Favre for an untested player, Kornheiser said. Jaws and I went back and forth on this 1,000 times on TV and with Wilbon 1,000 times on TV. But if he thinks Im no good, he wouldnt be the first. Or the last.

Kornheiser, a month shy of his 62nd birthday, isnt sure why he didnt click with the quarterback in the meetings leading up to the game.

I dont remember anything particular from the meetings, but I do remember that Jaws went in purely looking for football stuff, Mike [Tirico] was looking for stuff from the announcing angle, and I went looking more for feature-y things or stories, he said. In that case, the theme was taking over for Brett Favre, which was the toughest thing to do in Green Bay. My guess is that I asked a lot of questions relative to that, and tried to establish some rapport with that. I guess that rapport didnt exist.

Kornheiser was fairly effusive in his praise of Rodgers he must have said the QB was smart and good half a dozen times throughout our brief chat. And then he had tickets and had to go but not to see Stephen Strasburg or even game three of the NBA Finals in Boston. The tickets were to a play.

Greg C.
13 years ago
I just listened to the entire interview. It occurred to me that Rodgers has the perfect personality to be Brett Favre's successor. He's cocky, but he's funny enough to get away with it. He's a very confident guy. There are very few guys who can succeed a legend (Steve Young is the only other QB I can think of who was up to the task), but we're lucky enough to have one.

He did say something positive about Jaworski later in the interview. He mentioned that Jaworski and Gruden both do a lot of preparation. He said positive things about a lot of other guys as well. This wasn't just a bitch session, by any means.

Interesting that he thinks Tom Brady is easily the best QB in the game, and also that Peyton Manning was the fifth guy he mentioned as part of his top five, after Romo even. He said that he put them in no particular order after Brady, but it sure sounded like he did (the others were Brees and Rivers).
blank
DakotaT
13 years ago

Interesting that he thinks Tom Brady is easily the best QB in the game, and also that Peyton Manning was the fifth guy he mentioned as part of his top five, after Romo even. He said that he put them in no particular order after Brady, but it sure sounded like he did (the others were Brees and Rivers).

"Greg C." wrote:

I wouldn't take any of those five guys over Rodgers. Three of them have had major injuries, and Rivers is whiney bitch. When Rodgers starts getting all the calls like Manning and Brady, there will be now stopping him.

Rodgers will give us everything Favre did, well except the interceptions. Hopefully Uncle Ted can keep the cupboards stocked, unlike his predecessors.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

[img_r]http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/outofbounds/files/2010/06/Aaron-Rodgers-and-Andy-North.jpg[/img_r] Aaron Rodgers speaks 
Posted by Jeff Ash June 8th, 2010, 11:46 am

In Packers news NOT involving players questioned by Lake Delton police over the weekend

QB Aaron Rodgers did an entertaining interview with ESPN Milwaukee on Monday. In it, he rated ESPN analysts he really doesnt like Tony Kornheiser or Ron Jaworski and fielded questions on everything from his teammates performance in Donald Drivers softball game to rating NFL quarterbacks to which NBA team LeBron James ought to sign with.

Listen to it here or read some of the highlights.

After his comments were relayed to the far corners of the Internet and raised plenty of eyebrows, Rodgers sought to clear things up.

At mid-afternoon Tuesday, he tweeted: Didnt realize people actually listened to homers show. No disrespect meant, just sharing a couple funny stories n opinions in jest Im not backpedaling from my first amendment rights. Nobody makes a big deal until the normally criticized becomes the critic, funny to me Have a good day folks thanks for the support n laughs.

As always, you be the judge.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Aaron Rodgers Ranks Tom Brady Best by Far and Thinks Tony Kornheiser is Terrible 
[img_r]http://austinsthoughts.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/080307-aaron-rodgers-widec.jpg[/img_r]June 8, 2010 12:00 pm by Paul Bessire

Former Monday Night football commentator and Brett Favre aficionado Tony Kornheiser may only focus on a different era of the Green Bay Packers, but Im not looking back. Im a cheesehead its really the only team that I care about and Aaron Rodgers is my leader. Admittedly, I was skeptical when Rodgers was taken. Not because we already had #4, but because it was a first round pick and Jeff Tedford-taught quarterbacks, especially those with significant injury questions, scared me. It appears I was wrong. Rodgers is just quirky and different enough (see interview below) and had the right amount of seasoning to make it all work.

Given three years to learn the game and the system, Rodgers has been tremendous as a starter over the last two seasons, totaling 8,472 yards and 58 TDs to just 20 interceptions in the last 32 games. Hes also been surprisingly mobile. Unfortunately, he has had to be. Despite rushing 58 times for 316 yards and five touchdowns, Rodgers was still sacked a league-high 50 times in 2009. The team drafted offensive tackle Brian Bulaga in the first round to help protect Rodgers. Who knows what he will be able to do in the future with more time in the pocket and more time in general? One thing is for sure, he is our leader and I am totally cool with that.

Aaron Rodgers joined Homer on ESPN Radio Milwaukee to discuss Tony Kornheiser, ESPN analysts, his top five quarterbacks, LeBron James, and his bobblehead.

On Tony Kornheiser:
You know who was better than Tony Kornheiser? Dennis Miller was ten times better. Dennis Miller was a great comedian, but one of the worst Monday Night Football guys ever. And he was ten times better than Tony Kornheiser. His stuff was actually funny. Tony stuff wasnt funny at all. He did no research. Wed sit in those production meetings and he would add absolutely nothing to the conversation. Id be like, What are we doing here? This is stupid. You get in there with Tony and hes asking you all these dumb questions that have no application to the game you are playing or anything you are doing. Hes terrible I dont think hes funny. I dont think hes insightful. I dont think knows anything about sports.

On who he listens to or talks to whose analysis he respects:
A good starting point is if you have played in the league and had some success. Im not talking about you. Im talking about guys on ESPN and stuff like that. (Editor: What about Ron Jaworski?) I like him, but, when I was coming out, he did the worst segment in the history of TV about me talking about my fundamentals. It was not even close to anywhere near my fundamentals. The first time I met him, someone introduced me to him and I said, Yeah I know him. Hes the guy who ripped me before the draft. The rest of the night he told me how great I was. I was like, I know your song and dance. And now he loves me. I like Trent. He does a good job. Hes had success at the position. You look at Marcellus Wiley up there talking about quarterback play. The guy was a defensive end for a few years in the league. Hes not any good.

On his top five quarterbacks (not including himself):
Tom Brady is the best by far. Its not even close. Drew Brees has got to be right there. Tony Romos a good player. Ill take Philip Rivers there. And Peyton, hes right there. No order except for Tom being the best. He does things that other guys cant do. His pocket presence is better than those guys by far. He throws a better ball than just about all those guys. Hes a winner better than all those guys.

On the difference in the Saints last year:
Gregg Williams coming in with that defense and Darren Sharper coming in and playing at such a high level. I think that was the difference. He (Brees) had worse stats than the year before when he threw for 5,000 some yards. I think the defense played a lot better and got more turnovers for them. That made the difference.

On where LeBron James should go:
The best spot for him he might go here but the best spot would be the LA Clippers. The Kobe-LeBron LA battle. The Clippers that are a very profitable team that doesnt spend a whole lot of money. He needs a Jordan-type team Give him a couple shooters, a Baron Davis, a Chris Kaman, Eric Gordon, Blake Griffin What a better challenge than to take a team that has done nothing in the league forever and take them to the top?

And on his bobblehead:
My bobblehead has this chinstrap beard that Ive actually never worn in my entire life and never would wear.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (21h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (21h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (21h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (23h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.