Zero2Cool
13 years ago
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/96194464.html 

[img_r]http://media.jsonline.com/images/440*335/ppddrive11p.jpg[/img_r]Donald Driver not only feels great after he had arthroscopic surgery on both knees in January, but the Green Bay Packers wide receiver wishes he had the procedure years ago.

Driver was in the Milwaukee area Thursday and Friday to support Packers teammate Greg Jennings in his fund-raising efforts for Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity and the Greg Jennings Foundation.

Driver said he hadn't told anyone other than the Packers staff that he was playing with limited range and flexibility as well as pain last year. It wasn't until last Wednesday, when Packers coach Mike McCarthy admitted that Driver and linebacker Nick Barnett had both had knee scopes. Both players had been held out of off-season practices and are working with a group of rehabilitating players.

Driver, 35, said he had the knees scoped by team doctor Pat McKenzie in January right after the season ended.

He said he hasn't been practicing in any of the organized team activities, although he has been cleared to go by trainers. Driver said the Packers told him to take a break during on-field work but to stay around for team morale, so he's been working out with teammates like Charles Woodson.

"I'm on that senior citizen program," Driver said, laughing.

Before the surgeries, his right knee had become so inflexible he couldn't bend it, not for squats, not even to pull his ankle back just to do a quadriceps stretch.

Driver, who caught 70 passes for 1,061 yards and six touchdowns last season, didn't say much publicly about his knees in 2009 but pointed out that at some games last season his knees were wrapped to keep them warm and protect them.

"I feel so good now," Driver said. "The trainers said, 'You look 25 again.' I had the scope because I want to play until I'm 40. I wanted to extend my career another five years.

"I should have done it years ago," he said. "I played like this for two, three years, with pain. I can jump now. I can squat.

"I didn't say anything about it because I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I'm fine. I feel good now."

UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Wow. A football player who couldn't squat. I'm amazed he even passed his physical. I wonder if we'll see an increased burst and more speed this year.

Good for him.
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
13 years ago
Does anyone have any idea what the doctor actually did? How does "scoping" a knee make it better? They must've removed some cartilage or scar tissue or something, right?
blank
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Usually they remove fragments, yes, which can be chips of bone or bits of scar tissue. In this case it almost sounds like he'd had some degree of calcification or fusion of his joint and that they removed excess tissue. It's impossible to know, though. I'm just happy to hear he's regained mobility.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
13 years ago

Does anyone have any idea what the doctor actually did? How does "scoping" a knee make it better? They must've removed some cartilage or scar tissue or something, right?

"Greg C." wrote:

I had my right knee scoped a month ago.
He took out a floating piece of cartilage and trimmed up the miniscus as well as some bone spurs.
Now my knee doesn't lock up anymore.
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Why did he trim the meniscus? Had it grown overlarge?
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
13 years ago

Why did he trim the meniscus? Had it grown overlarge?

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

It was torn and had a ragged edge.
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Thanks for the clarification. It may help us to understand Driver's situation better.
UserPostedImage
RajiRoar
13 years ago
Driver is such a good fella, if this surgey keeps him around any longer its a WIN.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
TengoJuego
13 years ago
The part about Driver playing until he's 40 put a smile on my face. I hope he does.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (16h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (18h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (21h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.