zombieslayer
13 years ago
Porky - For one, MN was lost by our D not pulling their weight. We scored 23 and 26 points, which should have been enough to win one of those games.

The other, weren't most of the problems from the Tackle positions, not the inside?

I really don't think the priority to making this a better team isn't the middle of our OL. I'm much more concerned about T Williams getting signed right now.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Rockmolder
13 years ago

Porky - For one, MN was lost by our D not pulling their weight. We scored 23 and 26 points, which should have been enough to win one of those games.

The other, weren't most of the problems from the Tackle positions, not the inside?

I really don't think the priority to making this a better team isn't the middle of our OL. I'm much more concerned about T Williams getting signed right now.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I agree. But Porky brings up a good point. We're going up against some of the greatest DTs in the league. Two of them on one team in Minnesota's case.

To push these guys who are build as NTs you could use some good interior linemen. I don't think that Wells has the strength to do that. He's one of the most replacable guys on the line.

Again, I don't like to put Lang at guard. I don't want to screw around with his mechanics too much. Just keep him at RT, work him there. I can't see Tauscher holding on to that starting spot for very much longer. Plus, how good is Bulaga right now? He obviously looked very raw in OTAs, having a guy like Lang who can step in at either T spot and play at a decent level is quite important.

Clifton - Spitz - Wells - Sitton - Tauscher is still the line that I see starting this season.

It gives you good depth at the guard and tackle spots, with Spitz sliding to the center position if Wells goes down.

Like I said, Wells is replacable, but you have Sitton next to him who can handle guys like Tommie Harris by himself, which frees things up for Wells a bit.
PackerTraxx
13 years ago
Unless he would be willing to play for another team for a quite a bit less I would not be interested trading for him. And if I were to trade, a 3rd would be tops. We should be in a much better position this year. Our young linemen have more experience and should be better, if not we're in trouble. We are starting out with Clifton and Tauscher, not Barbe. And we drafted what looks to be a couple of good prospects.

All that being said, we should never pass up the chance to make our team better as long as the "price"($, player, pick) is somewhat reasonable.

Edit: We made that mistake by not trading a 4th for Moss and it likely cost us a SB.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
zombieslayer
13 years ago

I agree. But Porky brings up a good point. We're going up against some of the greatest DTs in the league. Two of them on one team in Minnesota's case.

To push these guys who are build as NTs you could use some good interior linemen. I don't think that Wells has the strength to do that. He's one of the most replacable guys on the line.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

No argument whatsoever there.

So...

Pass. Run 10-15% of the time and pass the rest of the time. MN's fatties aren't going to catch Aaron Rodgers. If I remember correctly, he was getting hit from the outside guys, mostly Jared Allen.

Play to your strengths. Cover up your weaknesses. Analyze your opponent and play to his weaknesses and don't let him play to his strengths.
Mike McCarthy did that in '07 and that was hands down his best year of playcalling.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
porky88
13 years ago

I really don't think the priority to making this a better team isn't the middle of our OL.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I wouldn't let the average get in the way of the good.

I agree with Rock's prediction on what the staring lineup will look like. I was simply saying what I think it should look like. I just think the best way to counter the bigger and more powerful players the Packers go up against is to get big and nasty. I think the lineup I gave does that better than any combination of starters the Packers have. I also think it solidifies the interior line for the next decade.
Greg C.
13 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Most of those points were scored when the Packers were already so far behind that they had little chance to catch up, and seven of the first half points were on a fumble return by Clay Matthews.

I agree that most of the problems were with the tackles, but the interior OL was not great in those early games either. There is room for improvement there.

I don't want to see Lang move inside though. I think he is more valuable to us at the tackle position. And Mankins is demanding a ridiculous amount of money--money that would be better spent at other positions.
blank
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Yes, that's what I'm getting at.

We have a limited supply of money. Some positions simply have to be "good enough" and I strongly think the middle of our OL is "good enough."
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (59m) : No.
Mucky Tundra (3h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (3h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (6h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (7h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (17h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.