PackerTraxx
13 years ago
I would expect Neal to be better based on where they were picked. But I hope both turn out to be All Pro. Can't have to may DLs or CBs. Depth at DL really helps in the 4th quarter so they can be fresh. This is ecspecially true if you're ahead because you know they'll be chasing the passer nearly every play and if they're tired, a surprise draw can be just as disasterous. Remember Lombardi="fatique makes cowards of us all".
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
digsthepack
13 years ago
I think both make the team and contribute...and BOTH are huge character guys. I think both have the potential to be looked at as steals, or justified picks in the case of Neal who most had as a 4th or so. Big, strong, explosive. And don't knock Neal for some lapses...he never left the field playing 85 - 90 percent of defensive snaps. In a solid rotation, he will shine!
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
Mckennj3
13 years ago
Yeah there's really no use in comparing Wilson and Neal's previous videos for their production of the future, it's taking two completely different things and comparing it to a completely separate 3rd position (if that made any sense). I do disagree with the "lazy" tag Neal has, if he can play at around 35-55% of the snaps, which is realistic, he's going to be a monster with his physical talents at full rest.
I'm starting to get really excited about this D-line this year. If we get lucky with one of the two big question marks (Jolly and Harrell) we should have one hell of a line.
We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.
Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago

Yeah there's really no use in comparing Wilson and Neal's previous videos for their production of the future, it's taking two completely different things and comparing it to a completely separate 3rd position (if that made any sense). I do disagree with the "lazy" tag Neal has, if he can play at around 35-55% of the snaps, which is realistic, he's going to be a monster with his physical talents at full rest.
I'm starting to get really excited about this D-line this year. If we get lucky with one of the two big question marks (Jolly and Harrell) we should have one hell of a line.

"Mckennj3" wrote:

We will have to hold out hope for Harrell to be healthy. I don't think there is much hope for Jolly.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Mckennj3
13 years ago
When you say no hope for Jolly are you assuming the entire year? Or could he get away with 4 or 6 games if he can stay out of jail?
Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago

When you say no hope for Jolly are you assuming the entire year? Or could he get away with 4 or 6 games if he can stay out of jail?

"Mckennj3" wrote:

I think he will be lucky to see his kid graduate if he gets someone pregnant right now.

I have read conflicting reports. One says 200 grams, the next says 200 milligrams. So I am not 100% sure... but.

According to TX law, if you have a controlled substance that is in solution or a mixture, the entire weight of the solution or mixture is counted as the controlled substance. It could be 200 mg of codeine in a syrup form with the total weight of 200 grams. While Johnny could have had what amounts to a 7 ounce bottle of cough syrup with 200 mg of codeine in it, the courts could see it as the equivalent of 200 grams of pure cocaine.

The big problem is, they may have a kicker on the quantity over a certain amount. If you have over that level of the controlled substance, you are bumped up to drug dealer status. He would not only get possession but intent to distribute. Which is why he could be facing 20 years in big boy jail.

I don't recall if TX has truth in sentencing laws or not. But those take the discretion of the Judge away and if you are found guilty of a crime like, drug dealing, you have to serve the full sentence. It doesn't matter if there were extenuating circumstances, ( like having 4 doses of cough syrup) the Judge can't use common sense and adjust the penalty.
doddpower
13 years ago

"Dexter_Sinister" wrote:

I think he will be lucky to see his kid graduate if he gets someone pregnant right now.

I have read conflicting reports. One says 200 grams, the next says 200 milligrams. So I am not 100% sure... but.

According to TX law, if you have a controlled substance that is in solution or a mixture, the entire weight of the solution or mixture is counted as the controlled substance. It could be 200 mg of codeine in a syrup form with the total weight of 200 grams. While Johnny could have had what amounts to a 7 ounce bottle of cough syrup with 200 mg of codeine in it, the courts could see it as the equivalent of 200 grams of pure cocaine.

The big problem is, they may have a kicker on the quantity over a certain amount. If you have over that level of the controlled substance, you are bumped up to drug dealer status. He would not only get possession but intent to distribute. Which is why he could be facing 20 years in big boy jail.

I don't recall if TX has truth in sentencing laws or not. But those take the discretion of the Judge away and if you are found guilty of a crime like, drug dealing, you have to serve the full sentence. It doesn't matter if there were extenuating circumstances, ( like having 4 doses of cough syrup) the Judge can't use common sense and adjust the penalty.

"Mckennj3" wrote:

I HIGHLY doubt that is the case, especially with the money Jolly has to fight it. I have had at least 5 friends get caught with enough weed / shrooms / pills for them to get charged with "intent to distribute" along with paraphernalia, etc. and they barely spent any time in jail. Maybe a night or two and then a few years of probation. Unless its extenuating circumstances, at least here in NC, the maximum sentence is never enforced. What, it's something like several years in jail for having ANY amount of pot for the maximum sentence, even if it's one little tiny bud.

Sure, perhaps something like that could be the maximum sentence, but with the sketchy information, the amount of time this has been dragged out, and a good attorney, he won't be getting a maximum sentence. He will probably plea bargain down to a lesser charge, get a couple years of probation, have to pay a lot of money, and take some kind of class and / or community service. That is if this is his first offense which I'm pretty sure it is.

He should be able to play football at some point this upcoming season if he truly wants to, IMO, depending on the leagues ruling. We shall see I suppose.
Mckennj3
13 years ago
A 6 game suspension for his first time Offense would be ideal. Not only do we have enough depth to play through the first 6 (Jenkins, Raji, Pickett, Neal, Harrell, Wilson), but what a great push Jolly would be down the stretch with a above average linemen coming in fresh without coming off an injury. I can only hope he would have one hell of a chip on his shoulder too.
Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago

"doddpower" wrote:

"Dexter_Sinister" wrote:

I HIGHLY doubt that is the case, especially with the money Jolly has to fight it. I have had at least 5 friends get caught with enough weed / shrooms / pills for them to get charged with "intent to distribute" along with paraphernalia, etc. and they barely spent any time in jail. Maybe a night or two and then a few years of probation. Unless its extenuating circumstances, at least here in NC, the maximum sentence is never enforced. What, it's something like several years in jail for having ANY amount of pot for the maximum sentence, even if it's one little tiny bud.

Sure, perhaps something like that could be the maximum sentence, but with the sketchy information, the amount of time this has been dragged out, and a good attorney, he won't be getting a maximum sentence. He will probably plea bargain down to a lesser charge, get a couple years of probation, have to pay a lot of money, and take some kind of class and / or community service. That is if this is his first offense which I'm pretty sure it is.

He should be able to play football at some point this upcoming season if he truly wants to, IMO, depending on the leagues ruling. We shall see I suppose.

"Mckennj3" wrote:

I was talking minimum sentences not max. Michigan has manditory sentencing laws and if you get caught with a certain amount, it so long sucker. I was looking today and I didn't see TX on the list so if the Judge feels like it, Jolly could pretty much skate.

But the way TX measure the drugs may be different from NC. What jolly had was the legal equivalent of 200 grams of pure cocaine in TX. If that pushed him into trafficking charges. He could be fairly well pooched.
doddpower
13 years ago
I'm sure there are differences in the law, but I can't imagine them being that different. As I said, what he is initially charged with and what he ACTUALLY ends up pleading guilty / no contest to will probably be two different things. As a first time offender with a good bit of money, I am going to assume this will be the case. They're not going to send the guy to jail for 20 years for sippin' on some sizzurp. I mean, I know Texas is back asswards and all . . . but c'mon!!

;-)
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (15h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (18h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (20h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14m / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.