Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

:bigsmurf:

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Well, if your sister looks like THAT, it's just wrong.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

Health, not not money, will determine whether Favre plays 
NFL.com Wire Reports
Published: Aug. 4, 2010 at 10:52 a.m. Updated: Aug. 4, 2010 at 02:38 p.m.

Brett Favre said Wednesday that his health, not money, would determine if he returns to play for the Minnesota Vikings this season.

Earlier, Favre's agent, Bus Cook, told NFL Network analyst Steve Mariucci that Favre has not made a decision about retirement.

Favre briefly addressed cameras after he had warmed up with the Oak Grove High School football team in Hattiesburg, Miss., saying that he did not send text messages to Vikings teammates stating he was going to retire.

As for a return, Favre said, "If I'm healthy, sure."

A timetable for that, however, is "up for discussion."

The quarterback also addressed a Minnesota newspaper report that the Vikings have offered him additional financial incentives to return, saying, "It's not about the money."

A The Star Tribune report Wednesday said that the Vikings' pitch to bring back Favre includes an offer that could pay him $20 million -- $16 million guaranteed, plus incentives potentially worth another $4 million. That is $7 million more than Favre was scheduled to make this season.

Favre did not appear to be working out with the Oak Grove team, according to reports by NFL Network's Scott Hanson and The Associated Press. Instead, the quarterback simply ran onto the field and began lightly tossing the ball with players in warm-ups. Favre then helped an assistant coach as the players went through drills.

Favre has made regular appearances at Oak Grove during the summer for several years, working out with players during informal drills as he prepared for the upcoming NFL season.

Cook told Mariucci that any potential comeback hinges on Favre's health, not a healthier contract.

Cook told Mariucci: "As far as Brett is concerned, in spite of reports to the contrary, Brett's situation has nothing to do with his contract, but everything to do with his health and ability to contribute to that team and play at a level that he has been accustomed to playing over the years. Brett's ankle, which needed surgery since 2007, was surgically repaired this last spring by Dr. James Andrews. Until such time, Brett feels he can play at a level that he expects of himself, no decision will be made.

"Brett has an appointment to see Dr. Andrews next week and will know more at that time. Brett continues working every day, rehabbing his ankle and will see after his visit with Dr. Andrews what his status is at that time."

Minnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell said Favre will play this season if his ankle allows it.

Bevell spoke on Wednesday after the Vikings' morning practice. He has been close friends with Favre dating back to when Bevell was the quarterbacks coach for the Green Bay Packers.

Bevell says he has spoken to the 40-year-old quarterback recently, but not in the last 24 hours. He says it's been his understanding all along that if Favre's ankle heals well enough, Favre will return to play for the Vikings this season.

Favre's comments Wednesday came one day after reports said that he told Minnesota Vikings players and officials he won't return for a 20th season. The former league MVP reportedly told the Vikings his ankle is not responding well after offseason surgery.

The confusion over Favre's status flooded Vikings training camp Tuesday, where tight end Visanthe Shiancoe revealed he heard the quarterback had started to contact teammates and team officials to say he will not return for a 20th NFL season.

"He told a couple guys on our team he's going to retire," Shiancoe said after Tuesday night's practice. "He hasn't told me yet. I'm going to check my phone right now, but it hasn't been said publicly yet, so I don't know what to believe."

When asked Wednesday about Shiancoe's comment, Favre laughed and responded, "Shanc, that's why I love him."

Vikings coach Brad Childress said Favre hadn't told him directly that he plans to retire as of Tuesday morning. The coach wouldn't confirm Favre's status with the team, calling it a "fluid situation," and he was unavailable for comment after the night practice.

"I'm not a big hearsay person," Childress said. "I gotta hear it from the horse's mouth."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
After watching the video on NFL.com, I felt bad for the guy. He's out working with some kids and some media punk (Ed Werder i think) stands between him and closing his truck door trying to pry information out.

You could see Brett wasn't happy about it.

Edit, from the truck side interview, I think he know's what we all assume ... he'll be playing.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago
While yes I feel for the every prying media types wedging themselves into his life.. he doesn't have to look far with all the mixed messages the guy sends out..

Simply.. say nothing until you know and have the conviction in your own mind.. and fuck them if they can't respect that. If he would have done that from day one.. this nonsense would be dead long ago.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
I couldn't agree more. You see Favre's indecisive shtick even in this short video. He first tells Werder that it's not up for discussion . . . but then he lingers to chat anyway. Say what you mean and mean what you say for once.
UserPostedImage
doddpower
13 years ago

I couldn't agree more. You see Favre's indecisive shtick even in this short video. He first tells Werder that it's not up for discussion . . . but then he lingers to chat anyway. Say what you mean and mean what you say for once.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I agree. I also didn't really buy his statement that he hasn't texted any Vikings players about retirement. Just seemed to be some ambiguity there.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was a lie. I'm not saying it is, but his statement just wasn't that convincing.
Pack93z
13 years ago
If I had to guess.. someone text Brett asks him how it is going / how he is feeling / when will he be in camp.

Brett responds that he not feeling ready to go and is having doubts about his ankle and says something like this may be the end.

Player reads to deeply into it and forms an opinion that he is not coming back.. story grows a bit when passed around via talk and you have a situation on such a hyper sensitive subject to this team and the NFL.. and bang it grows legs and becomes a story.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Well, then maybe grown men worth millions of dollars should be getting together for beers and talking mano-a-mano instead of wasting their time with girlish text messaging. 😉
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
13 years ago

What's wrong with doing your sister? :cyclopsani:

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Nothing, cause apparently there is also a statute of limitations on being disgusted about someone doing the underaged next door babysitter.

Sorry Non, still don't want a LT prospect busted for banging his sister. Did we ever resolve that one?
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
There was a not-so-subliminal message behind the cyclops smiley, but apparently it went whoosh . . . out there somewhere.

I was all for giving the man a chance. Smart money says he wouldn't have made the squad anyway, but what would have been the harm in working him out?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (9h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.