dfosterf
13 years ago

Stefan Logan was the one pure return man available on waivers after the Pittsburgh Steelers released him Saturday. The Packers didnt put in a claim on him, though if they had they wouldnt have landed him because of the Detroit Lions claim, which would have ranked ahead of the Packers on the priority list for awarding players.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

"dfosterf" wrote:

we might have been able to trade for him (Havner) on Sat. We'll never know.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

You wanted us to try to trade a guy were gonna cut, to a team that hasn't been awarded the claim on a player that was cut from a different team?

Steelers cut Stefan
Lions claimed him

Who do you cut instead of Havner then?

I don't understand your reasoning here. I'm trying, just failing. Sounds you like want to spend our money twice.

I ASSUME our fo is talking to all of the other teams, and yes, we could have easilly hung on to Havner, --I honestly do not know if we "could have got" the kid from Pittsburgh via some sort of trade,,, I do know we lost Havner and the kid to Detroit--- AND I DON'T think I like it......

There is a (small) example of what

MIGHT MAKE 98 bitch.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Yet again, you don't state who to cut. You claim Ted is sitting on his hands, yet you don't provide any logical solution other than assumptions.

I don't see it here.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
13 years ago
He is sitting on his hands. That is obvious- to this moment in time.

He has done nothing but cut players. Hell, I can do that...just lemme at 'em, lol

The question is, is he right in doing so...

I don't like my secondary, and I don't like my return game...alarmingly so...

He is right, quite often...

...but I have not seen a SB trophy since '97, and I am also right quite often.

That's 13 years. I get testy after 10. Call me greedy.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Your claim he's sitting on his hands is a crock of shit, sorry, you haven't provided anything except we should have traded a guy who we cut to a team that cut someone else or somehow predicted our cut player was going to go to a team that picked up a returner that was cut from another team.

This isn't Madden, it's a little more than just saying this should be done or that should be done. There has to be reasons for it.

The only thing obvious here is you wanting to bitch, which is perfectly acceptable and warranted. And funny.
UserPostedImage
beast
13 years ago
He could of cut Bush... then again some guys like a lot of Bush :P

Personally I don't want a pure returner unless they're great at it and can stay healthy.

I want a guy that could also be a decent back-up, stay healthy and return.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

He could of cut Bush... then again some guys like a lot of Bush :P

Personally I don't want a pure returner unless they're great at it and can stay healthy.

I want a guy that could also be a decent back-up, stay healthy and return.

"beast" wrote:

Apparently Bush is good on Special Teams. I dunno. At least you gave a player though instead of just said 'do shit stop sitting on your hands!'

;)

Edit, exactly, if Stefan was a great returner, chances are, he'd be on the Steelers. Lets remember, the Steelers were one of the teams with as shitty Special Teams as us.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
13 years ago

Your claim he's sitting on his hands is a crock of shit, sorry, you haven't provided anything except we should have traded a guy who we cut to a team that cut someone else or somehow predicted our cut player was going to go to a team that picked up a returner that was cut from another team.

This isn't Madden, it's a little more than just saying this should be done or that should be done. There has to be reasons for it.

The only thing obvious here is you wanting to bitch, which is perfectly acceptable and warranted. And funny.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I was just using one example, maybe you don't like it.

We had 6 months to really address some pressing issues on this team, and we have not done an adequate job of doing so,imo-- I don't like that.

And yea, I do just want to bitch.

If that cocksucker Shields doesn't learn how to catch a fucking punt we are fucked, imo.

How's that for bitching? You want more? You butt-wipes that think Tramon should be back there should be lined up and shot alongside all our players that would allow the Vikes to beat us. Jordy has a high suckage rate as a return man, too. He has to be the most boring man toi ever return anything. James Jones was/is/and will be better than him as a WR--told ya that before, stickin' to it--notwithstanding all the Nelson crotch-sniffing...Rodgers knows it too. Mike McCarthy looks like Fred Flintstone and this site is running too fucking slow for my tastes :pottytrain2:

Edit-- Hey-- I was only messin' w/ya- where'd ya go-----I was only takin' heat off 98...
beast
13 years ago

Jordy has a high suckage rate as a return man, too. He has to be the most boring man toi ever return anything.

"dfosterf" wrote:

Why do so many people judge on flashiness alone? ... I rather have substance over style ...

No wonder your so bitchy, it's because your so dang picky....

All of these FA pure returner everyone bitching about were they one of the ten guys ahead of Nelson?

http://packershome.com/ForumsPro/viewtopic/t=9828.html 

Nelson actually had a respectable average of 25.4 yards on kickoff returns, which ranked No. 11 in the NFL

UserPostedImage
dfosterf
13 years ago

Jordy has a high suckage rate as a return man, too. He has to be the most boring man toi ever return anything.

"beast" wrote:

Why do so many people judge on flashiness alone? ... I rather have substance over style ...

All of these FA pure returner everyone bitching about were they one of the ten guys ahead of Nelson?

Nelson actually had a respectable average of 25.4 yards on kickoff returns, which ranked No. 11 in the NFL

"dfosterf" wrote:

He crams into the pile and you know it.
beast
13 years ago

"dfosterf" wrote:

"beast" wrote:

"dfosterf" wrote:

He crams into the pile and you know it.

So? ... I don't care as long as he's doing his job and he's job is to get yardage... and on kickoff returns he was ranked 11th best.

I don't give a shit about style points.... it's football not ice skating....

And you didn't answer the question....

Any of these FA pure returner everyone bitching about were they one of the ten guys ahead of Nelson?

UserPostedImage