Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
6 Pages«<23456>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Formo  
#61 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 7:32:28 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
From a Viking fan standpoint..
It's a win-win, despite the chants of "Feel our pain Queen fans!!!!"

Crazy Thoughts from Delusional Island!

?
RedSoxExcel  
#62 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 7:34:58 PM(UTC)

?

Formo, a lot of people don't get it I think. My Vikings fan friends anyway don't care how long he takes because they finally have a good QB. They've never experienced "Favre Watch", don't really care and its not like anyone great is in in the background waiting for a shot at the starting job.
ILikeThePackers39  
#63 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:49:37 PM(UTC)

?

Not that you need it explained, but many of us Packers fans were really, really hoping he'd put you through what he put us through. But, as you know, this won't happen. If you want something badly enough, it's easy to believe it'll happen - we'd like it if y'all were delusional or overconfident, so then the "pain" would be that much more acute. But in the end, it really pretty much is win-win. At least short-term - once he does leave, you're still dealing with the same staff that's brought you hits like T-Jack, Rosenfels, and good old Gus (see, now I'm looking forward to future Vikings fan pain - never give up, that's my motto).
dhazer  
#64 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:56:05 PM(UTC)
well if it counts for anything, on the radio this morning they said Favre made a comment its very doubtful he will be back next year
zombieslayer  
#65 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 11:41:09 PM(UTC)
well if it counts for anything, on the radio this morning they said Favre made a comment its very doubtful he will be back next year

That's too bad.

Whether you like him or hate him (I know you and I feel the same way about him), you have to admit he's fun to watch.

If the announcers slobbering all over him bother you, then turn the sound off. We usually watch our games at the bar anyways so there's no sound except for the Niners/Raiders games.

I'm really hoping he comes back, but this time I don't think he will. :(
RedSoxExcel  
#66 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:06:02 AM(UTC)

That's too bad.

Whether you like him or hate him (I know you and I feel the same way about him), you have to admit he's fun to watch.

If the announcers slobbering all over him bother you, then turn the sound off. We usually watch our games at the bar anyways so there's no sound except for the Niners/Raiders games.

I'm really hoping he comes back, but this time I don't think he will. :(

Haha, he's messed. I bet anything the one year he should actually come back, he won't, lol. That is FAVRE. He is unpredictable.
MassPackersFan  
#67 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:59:45 AM(UTC)

He could have farted into his telephone and it would have been as revealing about what he will do next season.
Formo  
#68 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 1:40:59 AM(UTC)

He could have farted into his telephone and it would have been as revealing about what he will do next season.

lol Pretty much.

BTW, that would have been awesome.
Formo  
#69 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 1:51:41 AM(UTC)
Childress: No deadline for Favre

Quote:
"Really, I think our numbers will be just fine if he comes back or he doesn't come back," Childress said of Favre. "I don't know. It's up to him, but it's not a deal where I need to put a gun at his head and say, 'I need to know in a week, two weeks, two months.'"

lol Nice shot at the Packers.
Zero2Cool  
#70 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 2:10:47 AM(UTC)

Quote:
"Really, I think our numbers will be just fine if he comes back or he doesn't come back," Childress said of Favre. "I don't know. It's up to him, but it's not a deal where I need to put a gun at his head and say, 'I need to know in a week, two weeks, two months.'"

Man, the ignorant comments predicated on uneducated thoughts upon a subject keep coming!!
Formo  
#71 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 2:13:08 AM(UTC)

Quote:

Man, the ignorant comments predicated on uneducated thoughts upon a subject keep coming!!

Hey, I didn't say it. lol Go have a chat with Chilly.
Zero2Cool  
#72 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 2:26:28 AM(UTC)
Childress isn't the one who's falsely stating it's a shot at the Packers. That my friend is YOUR reach and quite frankly, pathetically weak too in my unwanted opinion.
Formo  
#73 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 3:26:11 AM(UTC)
Childress isn't the one who's falsely stating it's a shot at the Packers. That my friend is YOUR reach and quite frankly, pathetically weak too in my unwanted opinion.

Falsely stating it's a shot at the Packers? How is it false? I think it's a pretty blatant shot. Sorry you got your panties in a lump.
PackFanWithTwins  
#74 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 3:28:48 AM(UTC)
The Favre circus is sure more fun when it is in a different city.

Glad we can hit FA (maybe) and the draft without having a question mark.
RedSoxExcel  
#75 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:20:28 PM(UTC)
I still don't understand how Favre taking his time has any effect on the Vikings. They should draft a QB if they want regardless. The Rookie QB isn't going to start anyway this year. Jackson is a RFA, if you want him, you can keep him. There's no salary cap issues that I can see anyway. The other players on the team said they don't care about him going to training camp or whatever as he already proved it doesn't matter for him. Vikings fans certainly don't seem to care, they finally have a decent QB

Formo, maybe you can comment, whats the issue?

I think a lot of this is being blown out of proportion by a) the media (who needs something to write about) and b) Packers fans who want the Vikings to experience whatever "pain" they experienced with his retirement decisions.

I don't even think the Jets suffered last year? They drafted a Sanchez and made the conference championship. Face it, its not that big of a deal to anyone other than Packers fans and the media.
Zero2Cool  
#76 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:21:33 PM(UTC)
The Vikings can afford Favre taking his time, they don't have a young QB in the waiting ready to take over. Completely different situations between the Packers after Rodgers came and how the Vikings are now.

Use common sense.
RedSoxExcel  
#77 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:25:06 PM(UTC)
The Vikings can afford Favre taking his time, they don't have a young QB in the waiting ready to take over. Completely different situations between the Packers after Rodgers came and how the Vikings are now.

Use common sense.

Ok.

Thats my whole point. Why are people saying that "now look at what you guys have ot go through with Favre and unretirement, enjoy!". You just made my point, I don't think the Vikings players, organization or fans care how long he takes.
PackFanWithTwins  
#78 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:26:55 PM(UTC)
Favre decision is, or should be huge for MN. Just like it was for GB in 07'. Both teams were in the NFC Championship and lost. That is about as close to the SB as possible. So that is when you try to finish the team. If you make the moves and your QB doesn't return, you just wasted money. If you don't an he returns, odds are you will not do better.
dfosterf  
#79 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:36:52 PM(UTC)
I think the NFL is so much richer with Brett Favre in it. I also think it's so cool that he's a Viking. Everything about it is so compelling. The whole waffling thing, does he run the show or Chilly, carrying the team at times, stupidity at a critical time.

That loss was perfect.

Now he's going to more geezed. (But he didn't look like it, did he?) If he announces a retirement, he's going to get hounded about it. The Vikings go into some sort of "limbo" mode. Hopefully he comes back after training camp. Can we beat those bastards? Will Favre be as good next year as he was last year? Why the hell didn't he play like that for us? We BETTER beat those guys this time around...

The whole world seems convinced that the better team lost the NFC championship game, but do great teams screw up that much?

What is not to love about all this?

What a fantastic off-season!

To those that wonder out loud in here why this keeps getting brought up, are you frigging serious? Favre and his team beat us twice. It was the difference between us winning the division and them winning the division. Then look HOW they did it.

We have a dog in this fight. Stop worrying so much much about what we do and do not get "over". The motivations are many, including yours.
zombieslayer  
#80 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:54:02 PM(UTC)
For the record, if Favre retires, we sweep the Vikings next year. Yes, he had a mediocre performance in the CG, but leading up to the CG, he was brilliant and he's the reason we lost to them twice. 7 TDs vs 0 INTs.

I want him back because I want us to get better vs our opponents, not our opponents getting worse compared to us. The latter mind set is a losing mentality.
Rss Feed