Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
6 Pages«<3456>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cheesey  
#81 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 3:31:42 PM(UTC)
Did you all realize, that if Favre reaaly DOES retire now, he will be the ONLY player that has played for 4 teams, and his LAST pass for all 4 teams was an interception!
Rockmolder  
#82 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 3:44:04 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Did you all realize, that if Favre reaaly DOES retire now, he will be the ONLY player that has played for 4 teams, and his LAST pass for all 4 teams was an interception!


His last pass for the Jets wasn't an interception, though.

It was some desperation "Music City Miracle" stuff they tried to pull, where Favre passed the ball two times on one play. Neither of those got intercepted. The second one was, obviously, flagged.
longtimefan  
#83 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 4:17:52 PM(UTC)
UserPostedImage
Formo  
#84 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 1:42:27 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I still don't understand how Favre taking his time has any effect on the Vikings. They should draft a QB if they want regardless. The Rookie QB isn't going to start anyway this year. Jackson is a RFA, if you want him, you can keep him. There's no salary cap issues that I can see anyway. The other players on the team said they don't care about him going to training camp or whatever as he already proved it doesn't matter for him. Vikings fans certainly don't seem to care, they finally have a decent QB

Formo, maybe you can comment, whats the issue?

I think a lot of this is being blown out of proportion by a) the media (who needs something to write about) and b) Packers fans who want the Vikings to experience whatever "pain" they experienced with his retirement decisions.

I don't even think the Jets suffered last year? They drafted a Sanchez and made the conference championship. Face it, its not that big of a deal to anyone other than Packers fans and the media.


It's being blown out of proportion by both the media and a handful of Packer fans. I'm not worried about the 'limbo' that the Vikings will be in.. Because it's not going to be any different than the 'limbo' we've been in prior to Favre joining the team (T-Jack, Bollinger, Frerote, Sage, Johnson, etc)..

" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The Vikings can afford Favre taking his time, they don't have a young QB in the waiting ready to take over. Completely different situations between the Packers after Rodgers came and how the Vikings are now.

Use common sense.


Ok.

Thats my whole point. Why are people saying that "now look at what you guys have ot go through with Favre and unretirement, enjoy!". You just made my point, I don't think the Vikings players, organization or fans care how long he takes.


Exactly.
Cheesey  
#85 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 2:12:44 AM(UTC)
I also heard that "Chilly" said he wasn't pushing Favre......then he said "But the sooner, the better, of course"
Don't you love that????
The guy should run for office.
Formo  
#86 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 2:14:18 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I also heard that "Chilly" said he wasn't pushing Favre......then he said "But the sooner, the better, of course"
Don't you love that????
The guy should run for office.


I say let Favre come back during preseason if he's gonna return. Make sure he doesn't go through training camp again.
TheEngineer  
#87 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 2:50:53 AM(UTC)
6 pages? What is this, a Vikings forum? ;)

So much for the hammering how great it is not to worry about whether Favre retires or not!
RainX  
#88 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 6:34:18 AM(UTC)
The chances of either Clausen or Bradford being on the board by the time the Vikings pick at #30 this year seems slim. Well, at least you can't bank on it since they're the top two QBs in this year's draft. McCoy might be worth a chance in the late second if he'll fall that far. But even still you can't count on that rookie QB to absolutely lead you to the promised land.

So what are the alternatives?

Seems like a strong indication that Minnesota will pursue McNabb if Favre announces his retirement. The only downside with that though, do you pull the trigger on that trade before the draft with the specter of another Favre come back late in the off-season? Talk about an instant QB controversy if Favre would all of a sudden get another "itch" to play again. Sure Minnesota could just up and release Favre and go with McNabb, but do you cut someone like Favre who obviously has some value there still?

Now obviously this is just pure speculation on my part, but even if Favre announces his retirement again, any potential comeback should he change his mind around training camp, could possibly effect how Minnesota goes about dealing with it's QB situation in the off-season.
Wade  
#89 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 2:53:54 PM(UTC)
Count me as one who would love to see the Vikings go the McNabb route.

IMO McNabb is the most overrated quarterback since Roman Gabriel.
Wade  
#90 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 2:54:21 PM(UTC)
(And at least Gabriel had a cool name.)
Cheesey  
#91 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 4:31:11 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
6 pages? What is this, a Vikings forum? ;)

So much for the hammering how great it is not to worry about whether Favre retires or not!

There's a HUGE difference Engineer.
I can write on this thread, and no matter which way ol' Brett goes, doesn't make me happy OR upset. I can laugh about it.
When it was "us" going through it every year, it affected me.
If he does or doesn't, it won't affect "my" team.
Formo  
#92 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 7:44:44 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The chances of either Clausen or Bradford being on the board by the time the Vikings pick at #30 this year seems slim. Well, at least you can't bank on it since they're the top two QBs in this year's draft. McCoy might be worth a chance in the late second if he'll fall that far. But even still you can't count on that rookie QB to absolutely lead you to the promised land.

So what are the alternatives?

Seems like a strong indication that Minnesota will pursue McNabb if Favre announces his retirement. The only downside with that though, do you pull the trigger on that trade before the draft with the specter of another Favre come back late in the off-season? Talk about an instant QB controversy if Favre would all of a sudden get another "itch" to play again. Sure Minnesota could just up and release Favre and go with McNabb, but do you cut someone like Favre who obviously has some value there still?

Now obviously this is just pure speculation on my part, but even if Favre announces his retirement again, any potential comeback should he change his mind around training camp, could possibly effect how Minnesota goes about dealing with it's QB situation in the off-season.


I was waiting for someone to bring up the McNabb angle(BTW, Wade.. McNabb is a talent, and I believe a future HoFer.. His coach is hurting his chances, IMO).

The smartest move (and the move I believe the Vikes will make) would be to wait out the Favre issue and draft a QB (Tebow/McCoy) in April. If Favre comes back, I feel they'll take 4 QBs to training camp to decide who to cut (T-Jack, Sage). If Favre doesn't come back, then it'll probably be a competition between T-Jack and Sage for starter, and sit the rookie for a year.

Of course, the above is just my speculation. I could be waaaaay off!
flep  
#93 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 7:59:24 PM(UTC)
Frankly???

I don't give a crap as you US brethren say.


All I do care about


And this may upset some here

I actuallly have grown to like Vikesrule, Formo, Martsco and all other vikings fans that post here.

And all other teams fan as well

(You included Polargrizz)

They are true football fans

I love this site and I enjoy the will he won;'t here retire threads

BRING IT ON

We've got 8 months of shit
Cheesey  
#94 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:05:45 PM(UTC)
I heard about the Vikings interest in McNabb last night. They sure do like their 'retreads", don't they?
Wade  
#95 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:14:14 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post


I was waiting for someone to bring up the McNabb angle(BTW, Wade.. McNabb is a talent, and I believe a future HoFer.. His coach is hurting his chances, IMO).


No he isn't. Nanner, nanner, nanner.

(Oh, btw, neither were Joe Kapp, Tommy Kramer, or Daunte Culpepper. And the Vikings did better with all of them than they would with McNabb.)

Nanner, nanner, nanner.

:)
flep  
#96 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:23:45 PM(UTC)
Brett got the Vikes to the NFC Championship

Far better than for quite some time

Retire?


Play on?

I don't care any more

Whatever he does it's up to him

Isn't it????


I support the Pack

Brett was the best ever QB to play for the Pack

The best ever QB to play (full stop)

If he plays next season. he plays next season.

He will always be in my opinion the best ever, ever player in the NFL
ILikeThePackers39  
#97 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:24:16 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The chances of either Clausen or Bradford being on the board by the time the Vikings pick at #30 this year seems slim. Well, at least you can't bank on it since they're the top two QBs in this year's draft. McCoy might be worth a chance in the late second if he'll fall that far. But even still you can't count on that rookie QB to absolutely lead you to the promised land.

So what are the alternatives?

Seems like a strong indication that Minnesota will pursue McNabb if Favre announces his retirement. The only downside with that though, do you pull the trigger on that trade before the draft with the specter of another Favre come back late in the off-season? Talk about an instant QB controversy if Favre would all of a sudden get another "itch" to play again. Sure Minnesota could just up and release Favre and go with McNabb, but do you cut someone like Favre who obviously has some value there still?

Now obviously this is just pure speculation on my part, but even if Favre announces his retirement again, any potential comeback should he change his mind around training camp, could possibly effect how Minnesota goes about dealing with it's QB situation in the off-season.


I was waiting for someone to bring up the McNabb angle(BTW, Wade.. McNabb is a talent, and I believe a future HoFer.. His coach is hurting his chances, IMO).

The smartest move (and the move I believe the Vikes will make) would be to wait out the Favre issue and draft a QB (Tebow/McCoy) in April. If Favre comes back, I feel they'll take 4 QBs to training camp to decide who to cut (T-Jack, Sage). If Favre doesn't come back, then it'll probably be a competition between T-Jack and Sage for starter, and sit the rookie for a year.

Of course, the above is just my speculation. I could be waaaaay off!



As a Packers fan, I would love for the Vikes to take either Tebow or McCoy - that'll work out just fine for us.

I'm betting Brett'll let y'all know in short order, as I've already said - I'm close to betting he'll be back, so you'll have another year before you need to re-enter the "Good lord, what is that at QB?" doldrums.

Oh, and T-Jack>Rosenfart.
Formo  
#98 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:25:37 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


I was waiting for someone to bring up the McNabb angle(BTW, Wade.. McNabb is a talent, and I believe a future HoFer.. His coach is hurting his chances, IMO).


No he isn't. Nanner, nanner, nanner.

(Oh, btw, neither were Joe Kapp, Tommy Kramer, or Daunte Culpepper. And the Vikings did better with all of them than they would with McNabb.)

Nanner, nanner, nanner.

:)


lol Seriously? He will bring a dynamic that combines Favre and T-Jack. Of course, the pocket passing won't be as good as Favre.. And maybe his mobility isn't as 'fresh' as T-Jack. But if T-Jack and Gus can take the Vikings to the playoffs, I would have to imagine McNabb could as well (besides, he wouldn't be the first ex-Iggle QB to 'revive' his career with the Vikings.. Cunningham?)
flep  
#99 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:28:38 PM(UTC)
McNabb - Favre??

No contest
Wade  
#100 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 9:16:35 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


I was waiting for someone to bring up the McNabb angle(BTW, Wade.. McNabb is a talent, and I believe a future HoFer.. His coach is hurting his chances, IMO).


No he isn't. Nanner, nanner, nanner.

(Oh, btw, neither were Joe Kapp, Tommy Kramer, or Daunte Culpepper. And the Vikings did better with all of them than they would with McNabb.)

Nanner, nanner, nanner.

:)


lol Seriously? He will bring a dynamic that combines Favre and T-Jack. Of course, the pocket passing won't be as good as Favre.. And maybe his mobility isn't as 'fresh' as T-Jack. But if T-Jack and Gus can take the Vikings to the playoffs, I would have to imagine McNabb could as well (besides, he wouldn't be the first ex-Iggle QB to 'revive' his career with the Vikings.. Cunningham?)


Just keep telling yourself that, Grasshopper. :)

(Shao-lin bow) &lt;---another emoticon we need btw, Zero.
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
6 Pages«<3456>
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
beast (1h) : Would of had to give us a draft pick if they kept him. They just wanted him until someone else got off a suspension.
gbguy20 (5h) : surprised they didn't keep him until they played us
Zero2Cool (9h) : Cowboys have waived linebacker Jayrone Elliott, who was acquired in a trade from the Green Bay Packers
Zero2Cool (9h) : ClayMatthews52 is awfully close to setting the #Packers all-time sack record.
uffda udfa (9h) : Pelissero: Banged up on o-line, #Packers worked out 3 today, per source: Fahn Cooper, Givens Price and Brandon Thomas.
Zero2Cool (10h) : Yup, PFT flips to whatever gets clickys
Zero2Cool (10h) : Reuben Foster (ankle) sheds walking boot (and some wanted him as a Packers player!)
gbguy20 (10h) : pft was raving abot gb last week
Zero2Cool (11h) : Bash packers = ratings. nothing more. unreal how dumb some places are
Zero2Cool (11h) : PFT is stupid
uffda udfa (11h) : from pft.com rankings: 6. Packers (1-1; No. 1): Take away Rodgers, and the Packers wouldn’t win a game.
uffda udfa (13h) : Yes. Sorry.
Zero2Cool (14h) : "We are hypnotized by the talent of Aaron Rodgers" | @ColinCowherd
Zero2Cool (15h) : another damn hurricane???
wpr (17h) : So you are saying Jordy is 150-150 for Sunday U2?
uffda udfa (17h) : Jordy 50-50 for Sunday per Schefter.
uffda udfa (17h) : Jordy 50-50 for Sunday per Schefter.
uffda udfa (17h) : Jordy 50-50 for Sunday per Schefter.
Zero2Cool (17h) : Kidding, you might be right. I don't know.
Zero2Cool (17h) : hahaha no
steveishere (18h) : yeah after he was lined up inside
Zero2Cool (18h) : He did get some hurries and QB hits Sunday night though
Zero2Cool (18h) : I'd rather he just killed QB's than left.
wpr (19-Sep) : well the good news is CM3 only has 1 more yr left on his contract.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Clay is useless in middle. Barely better outside.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Chuck Norris would have been scared.
steveishere (18-Sep) : We should bring in Datone and run with him/brooks/fackrell rotation at OLB and let Clay play from inside where he actually makes an impact
uffda udfa (18-Sep) : Last night, Jermichael Finley insinuates Rodgers was scared but quickly deletes tweet.
uffda udfa (18-Sep) : Daniels MRI came back clean. Day to Day.
TheKanataThrilla (18-Sep) : Unless he doesn`t want to be here, I still think he would be a great pick-up as he he knows our system.
uffda udfa (18-Sep) : Datone apparently visited with Detroit, first.
uffda udfa (18-Sep) : Datone Jones makes first FA visit to... New England
uffda udfa (18-Sep) : Twitter doc, David Chao says Sam Bradford may miss 7-8 weeks.
uffda udfa (18-Sep) : Or Jordy not Jody.
uffda udfa (18-Sep) : Wilde has a picture up on Jody's knee. Looks like he banged his knee. Not good.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM
at Cowboys
Sunday, Oct 15 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Monday, Nov 6 @ 7:30 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
RAVENS
Sunday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
at Steelers
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 10 @ 12:00 PM
at Browns
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Saturday, Dec 23 @ 7:30 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

5h / Around The NFL / Smokey

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Poppa San

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dulak

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / blueleopard

Headlines