Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
7 Pages«<567
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cheesey  
#91 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 4:31:11 PM(UTC)

Rank: Honored Member
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 384
Applause Received: 552
" said: Go to Quoted Post
6 pages? What is this, a Vikings forum? Wink

So much for the hammering how great it is not to worry about whether Favre retires or not!

There's a HUGE difference Engineer.
I can write on this thread, and no matter which way ol' Brett goes, doesn't make me happy OR upset. I can laugh about it.
When it was "us" going through it every year, it affected me.
If he does or doesn't, it won't affect "my" team.
Offline Formo  
#92 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 7:44:44 PM(UTC)

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 154
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The chances of either Clausen or Bradford being on the board by the time the Vikings pick at #30 this year seems slim. Well, at least you can't bank on it since they're the top two QBs in this year's draft. McCoy might be worth a chance in the late second if he'll fall that far. But even still you can't count on that rookie QB to absolutely lead you to the promised land.

So what are the alternatives?

Seems like a strong indication that Minnesota will pursue McNabb if Favre announces his retirement. The only downside with that though, do you pull the trigger on that trade before the draft with the specter of another Favre come back late in the off-season? Talk about an instant QB controversy if Favre would all of a sudden get another "itch" to play again. Sure Minnesota could just up and release Favre and go with McNabb, but do you cut someone like Favre who obviously has some value there still?

Now obviously this is just pure speculation on my part, but even if Favre announces his retirement again, any potential comeback should he change his mind around training camp, could possibly effect how Minnesota goes about dealing with it's QB situation in the off-season.


I was waiting for someone to bring up the McNabb angle(BTW, Wade.. McNabb is a talent, and I believe a future HoFer.. His coach is hurting his chances, IMO).

The smartest move (and the move I believe the Vikes will make) would be to wait out the Favre issue and draft a QB (Tebow/McCoy) in April. If Favre comes back, I feel they'll take 4 QBs to training camp to decide who to cut (T-Jack, Sage). If Favre doesn't come back, then it'll probably be a competition between T-Jack and Sage for starter, and sit the rookie for a year.

Of course, the above is just my speculation. I could be waaaaay off!
Offline flep  
#93 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 7:59:24 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
United Kingdom
Joined: 8/14/2008(UTC)
Location: UK
Applause Given: 59
Applause Received: 62
Frankly???

I don't give a crap as you US brethren say.


All I do care about


And this may upset some here

I actuallly have grown to like Vikesrule, Formo, Martsco and all other vikings fans that post here.

And all other teams fan as well

(You included Polargrizz)

They are true football fans

I love this site and I enjoy the will he won;'t here retire threads

BRING IT ON

We've got 8 months of shit
Offline Cheesey  
#94 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:05:45 PM(UTC)

Rank: Honored Member
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 384
Applause Received: 552
I heard about the Vikings interest in McNabb last night. They sure do like their 'retreads", don't they?
Offline Wade  
#95 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:14:14 PM(UTC)

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance
Applause Given: 776
Applause Received: 787
" said: Go to Quoted Post


I was waiting for someone to bring up the McNabb angle(BTW, Wade.. McNabb is a talent, and I believe a future HoFer.. His coach is hurting his chances, IMO).


No he isn't. Nanner, nanner, nanner.

(Oh, btw, neither were Joe Kapp, Tommy Kramer, or Daunte Culpepper. And the Vikings did better with all of them than they would with McNabb.)

Nanner, nanner, nanner.

Smile
Offline flep  
#96 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:23:45 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
United Kingdom
Joined: 8/14/2008(UTC)
Location: UK
Applause Given: 59
Applause Received: 62
Brett got the Vikes to the NFC Championship

Far better than for quite some time

Retire?


Play on?

I don't care any more

Whatever he does it's up to him

Isn't it????


I support the Pack

Brett was the best ever QB to play for the Pack

The best ever QB to play (full stop)

If he plays next season. he plays next season.

He will always be in my opinion the best ever, ever player in the NFL
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#97 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:24:16 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The chances of either Clausen or Bradford being on the board by the time the Vikings pick at #30 this year seems slim. Well, at least you can't bank on it since they're the top two QBs in this year's draft. McCoy might be worth a chance in the late second if he'll fall that far. But even still you can't count on that rookie QB to absolutely lead you to the promised land.

So what are the alternatives?

Seems like a strong indication that Minnesota will pursue McNabb if Favre announces his retirement. The only downside with that though, do you pull the trigger on that trade before the draft with the specter of another Favre come back late in the off-season? Talk about an instant QB controversy if Favre would all of a sudden get another "itch" to play again. Sure Minnesota could just up and release Favre and go with McNabb, but do you cut someone like Favre who obviously has some value there still?

Now obviously this is just pure speculation on my part, but even if Favre announces his retirement again, any potential comeback should he change his mind around training camp, could possibly effect how Minnesota goes about dealing with it's QB situation in the off-season.


I was waiting for someone to bring up the McNabb angle(BTW, Wade.. McNabb is a talent, and I believe a future HoFer.. His coach is hurting his chances, IMO).

The smartest move (and the move I believe the Vikes will make) would be to wait out the Favre issue and draft a QB (Tebow/McCoy) in April. If Favre comes back, I feel they'll take 4 QBs to training camp to decide who to cut (T-Jack, Sage). If Favre doesn't come back, then it'll probably be a competition between T-Jack and Sage for starter, and sit the rookie for a year.

Of course, the above is just my speculation. I could be waaaaay off!



As a Packers fan, I would love for the Vikes to take either Tebow or McCoy - that'll work out just fine for us.

I'm betting Brett'll let y'all know in short order, as I've already said - I'm close to betting he'll be back, so you'll have another year before you need to re-enter the "Good lord, what is that at QB?" doldrums.

Oh, and T-Jack>Rosenfart.
Offline Formo  
#98 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:25:37 PM(UTC)

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 154
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


I was waiting for someone to bring up the McNabb angle(BTW, Wade.. McNabb is a talent, and I believe a future HoFer.. His coach is hurting his chances, IMO).


No he isn't. Nanner, nanner, nanner.

(Oh, btw, neither were Joe Kapp, Tommy Kramer, or Daunte Culpepper. And the Vikings did better with all of them than they would with McNabb.)

Nanner, nanner, nanner.

Smile


lol Seriously? He will bring a dynamic that combines Favre and T-Jack. Of course, the pocket passing won't be as good as Favre.. And maybe his mobility isn't as 'fresh' as T-Jack. But if T-Jack and Gus can take the Vikings to the playoffs, I would have to imagine McNabb could as well (besides, he wouldn't be the first ex-Iggle QB to 'revive' his career with the Vikings.. Cunningham?)
Offline flep  
#99 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:28:38 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
United Kingdom
Joined: 8/14/2008(UTC)
Location: UK
Applause Given: 59
Applause Received: 62
McNabb - Favre??

No contest
Offline Wade  
#100 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 9:16:35 PM(UTC)

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance
Applause Given: 776
Applause Received: 787
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


I was waiting for someone to bring up the McNabb angle(BTW, Wade.. McNabb is a talent, and I believe a future HoFer.. His coach is hurting his chances, IMO).


No he isn't. Nanner, nanner, nanner.

(Oh, btw, neither were Joe Kapp, Tommy Kramer, or Daunte Culpepper. And the Vikings did better with all of them than they would with McNabb.)

Nanner, nanner, nanner.

Smile


lol Seriously? He will bring a dynamic that combines Favre and T-Jack. Of course, the pocket passing won't be as good as Favre.. And maybe his mobility isn't as 'fresh' as T-Jack. But if T-Jack and Gus can take the Vikings to the playoffs, I would have to imagine McNabb could as well (besides, he wouldn't be the first ex-Iggle QB to 'revive' his career with the Vikings.. Cunningham?)


Just keep telling yourself that, Grasshopper. Smile

(Shao-lin bow) &lt;---another emoticon we need btw, Zero.
Offline Cheesey  
#101 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 12:43:24 AM(UTC)

Rank: Honored Member
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 384
Applause Received: 552
I don't know about BF being the "best" GB QB ever. Bart Starr lead the Packers to 5 championships in a 7 year span.
Of course that WAS a different time.
I'd say we were lucky to have 2 such QB's as Favre and Starr.
Offline Formo  
#102 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 1:12:24 AM(UTC)

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 154
" said: Go to Quoted Post
McNabb - Favre??

No contest


No one's equating McNabb with Favre.

" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


I was waiting for someone to bring up the McNabb angle(BTW, Wade.. McNabb is a talent, and I believe a future HoFer.. His coach is hurting his chances, IMO).


No he isn't. Nanner, nanner, nanner.

(Oh, btw, neither were Joe Kapp, Tommy Kramer, or Daunte Culpepper. And the Vikings did better with all of them than they would with McNabb.)

Nanner, nanner, nanner.

Smile


lol Seriously? He will bring a dynamic that combines Favre and T-Jack. Of course, the pocket passing won't be as good as Favre.. And maybe his mobility isn't as 'fresh' as T-Jack. But if T-Jack and Gus can take the Vikings to the playoffs, I would have to imagine McNabb could as well (besides, he wouldn't be the first ex-Iggle QB to 'revive' his career with the Vikings.. Cunningham?)


Just keep telling yourself that, Grasshopper. Smile

(Shao-lin bow) &lt;---another emoticon we need btw, Zero.


Keep crunching numbers and showing all those college drunkards how economy works.

=)
Offline CDNRodgersfan  
#103 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2010 12:12:43 AM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)
Applause Received: 1
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I don't know about Brett Favre being the "best" GB QB ever. Bart Starr lead the Packers to 5 championships in a 7 year span.
Of course that WAS a different time.
I'd say we were lucky to have 2 such QB's as Favre and Starr.


You got that right Cheesey. Was looking at Starr's stats the other day and especially playoffs he's one of the most underated as most old time greats are. I may remember wrong but he still holds the top playoff pass rating with an unbelievable 1 int
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
7 Pages«<567
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Fan Shout
Smokey (18h) : Let us remember the Men/Women who served in our nations military on this their Memorial Day.
Porforis (23-May) : Had the most horrible dream that the Packers were playing the Bears and LOST. Immediately realized it was a dream ;)
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : why not?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Yes sir, but you can't ignore admins.
gbguy20 (21-May) : is there an ignore feature on this forum?
Smokey (15-May) : Rest in Peace B.B.King ! The thrill will never leave us !
Cheesey (14-May) : I really enjoyed the "Mr. Rodgers" sweater he wore!
Cheesey (14-May) : I can't believe Aaron missed the "Harley/Davidson" question!
gbguy20 (13-May) : if he lost i blame ted thompson
gbguy20 (13-May) : did he win or did his defense let him down
Smokey (12-May) : Aaron Rodgers on Jeopardy tonight. Don't miss it !
Zero2Cool (12-May) : boomies boom!!
gbguy20 (11-May) : good evening
Zero2Cool (10-May) : Start a topic in feedback explaining how to produce this error please. No shout about it.
Smokey (10-May) : I'd like to report that your reporting system won't allow reports. A catch 22 reporting sys.
Smokey (9-May) : There are dozens of WR list for 2015 available or will be. Fantasy Draft more than 3 months away.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : He wants to get the upper hand in his league is all.
greengold (9-May) : Smokey, are you drunk?
Smokey (9-May) : Post your TOP 20 Fantasy Receivers today !
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Today's Birthdays: voiceofreason (30)
greengold (7-May) : La'el Collins to Cowboys on UDFA deal. That's one way to get around the salary cap!!!
TheKanataThrilla (7-May) : La'el Collins signs with the Cowboys
Smokey (7-May) : Unitas would have been 82 today, it was my good fortune to see him play. Those Unitas / Starr matchups were golden.
Zero2Cool (6-May) : woohoo
gbguy20 (5-May) : i think its fixed now :)
Zero2Cool (5-May) : lol
gbguy20 (4-May) : century link is a bunch of idiots
gbguy20 (4-May) : definitely my end.
gbguy20 (4-May) : *to get my last post to go thru
gbguy20 (4-May) : Is the problem with this site on my end or your end? Everytime I try to post the "Connection resets" it took me 20 minutes to get my lost t
Zero2Cool (4-May) : Nice, thanks!
gbguy20 (4-May) : no i've seen it the right way all along. I just wanted to let you know it looks good.
Zero2Cool (4-May) : thanks btw
Zero2Cool (4-May) : Did you just try it on larger resolution now? Hit CTRL F5, tweaked something earlier lol
gbguy20 (4-May) : the site looks fantastic on a larger resolution. zero, you have done a fantastic job with this site.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

2015 Schedule
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 7:30 PM
SEAHAWKS
Monday, Sep 28 @ 7:30 PM
CHIEFS
Sunday, Oct 4 @ 3:25 PM
at 49ers
Sunday, Oct 11 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
CHARGERS
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 7:30 PM
at Broncos
Sunday, Nov 8 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Thursday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
BEARS
Thursday, Dec 3 @ 7:25 PM
at Lions
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Sunday, Dec 20 @ 3:05 PM
at Raiders
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 3:25 PM
at Cardinals
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS

Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

24-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / isocleas2

24-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

23-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

23-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

22-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / QCHuskerFan

22-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Poppa San


Tweeter