Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cheesey  
#31 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2010 8:53:52 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 348

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Hey....if that is what entertains you, so be it.
I myself, enjoy my team winning a Super Bowl.
But hey.....setting your goals low makes them MUCH more attainable!

Oh snap, you got me

Yup! Sure did!!!LOLOLOL!!!

Anyway.......Favre cost his team the game at the end. Do you disagree?
He doesn't throw that dumb pass, they have a shot at a makeable fieldgoal, right? If Longwell misses it, i'd put the blame on him. But he never got a chance, did he?
So WHO'S fault was it? WHO threw the "lame duck" pass?
He had his shot at the end to win it, by just running the 5 yards. Byt he didn't.

What makes me laugh is this: Aaron Rodgers got constantly blamed by a few for not "winning a game in the last 2 minutes". And here BF had to only NOT throw a dumb pass, and he probably gets the win. And the same ones that are holding him blameless would be bragging how BF won the game for the Queens in the last seconds.
Oh....the IRONY!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#32 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 2:01:26 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 193

Oh snap, you got me

He doesn't throw that dumb pass, they have a shot at a makeable fieldgoal, right? If Longwell misses it, i'd put the blame on him. But he never got a chance, did he?
He had his shot at the end to win it, by just running the 5 yards. Byt he didn't.

What makes me laugh is this: Aaron Rodgers got constantly blamed by a few for not "winning a game in the last 2 minutes". And here Brett Favre had to only NOT throw a dumb pass, and he probably gets the win. And the same ones that are holding him blameless would be bragging how Brett Favre won the game for the Queens in the last seconds.
Oh....the IRONY!!!

I thought we covered this Longwell said it was out of his range. Favre wasn't going to run because he nevers runs and would never run with that ankle
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Gravedigga  
#33 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 2:39:00 AM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Oh snap, you got me

I'll answer that one with a question of my own.

Uhhm, the Packers gave up 51 points to the Cardinals. We all know this, yea yea yea whatever. Bottom line, the Packers lost to the Cardinals because of Aaron Rodgers. His horrible protection of the ball, holding on to it for too long and not protecting it is why we lost. I put the loss squarely on him. Do you disagree?

Chew that one real nice and wash it down with a coke and a smile.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline Gravedigga  
#34 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 2:42:30 AM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Actually, now that I think of it.......the Packers really lost that game because of Ted Thompson. I blame him for drafting Rodgers in the first place. Had he kept Favre, picked up randy moss at garage sale pricing and made a couple other additions, we may have a super bowl or 2 right now. That loss is squarely on the shoulders of Ted Thompson. Do you disagree?
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Offline doddpower  
#35 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 2:59:21 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,858
Applause Received: 430

Actually, now that I think of it.......the Packers really lost that game because of Ted Thompson. I blame him for drafting Rodgers in the first place. Had he kept Favre, picked up randy moss at garage sale pricing and made a couple other additions, we may have a super bowl or 2 right now. That loss is squarely on the shoulders of Ted Thompson. Do you disagree?

lol, that's some pretty lame bait there. Man . . . . you are dumb.

Enjoy getting Favre'd all off season again there buddy. I know I won't miss it. Not one bit.
Offline Gravedigga  
#36 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 10:28:09 AM(UTC)
Gravedigga

lol, that's some pretty lame bait there. Man . . . . you are dumb.

Yea, i've always been a master-baiter
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Offline Stevetarded  
#37 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 12:48:17 PM(UTC)
Stevetarded

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 63

Oh snap, you got me

What makes me laugh is this: Aaron Rodgers got constantly blamed by a few for not "winning a game in the last 2 minutes". And here Brett Favre had to only NOT throw a dumb pass, and he probably gets the win. And the same ones that are holding him blameless would be bragging how Brett Favre won the game for the Queens in the last seconds.
Oh....the IRONY!!!

I thought we covered this Longwell said it was out of his range. Favre wasn't going to run because he nevers runs and would never run with that ankle

He threw that interception while he was running...
blank
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#38 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 1:05:56 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

I'm not an all or nothing kind of guy. Superbowl is great and all but I got to enjoy watching 18 games. It cant be ALL about getting a ring. It's entertainment for me.

This I agree with and have said so on this board many times.

Seeing him sweep the packers means more to me than one superbowl game.

The juxtaposition of these words with your green-and-gold sig annoys the piss out of me.
UserPostedImage
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#39 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 2:29:17 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Applause Received: 3

Why does someone have to "cost" someteam the game. Isn't it possible that people "contribute" to losses (some more than others)?

Brett Favre was not THE reason why the Vikings lost to the Saints. He was a SIGNIFICANT part of the reason, yes.

Aaron Rodgers was not THE reason why the Packers lost to the Cardinals. He was a SIGNIFICANT part of the reason, yes.

(Take off your Packers goggles for a second, he had a horrible first half and had the ball in his hands in OT and missed Jennings wide open and had the game winning turnover).

Peyton Manning was not THE reason why the Colts lost to the Saints. He was a SIGNIFICANT part of the reason, yes.

Its kind of silly I think that we put ENTIRE games on one person. For example, if Favre doesn't complete that third down pass after two runs at the start of the last 4th quarter drive, the Vikings punt it. Maybe the Saints score at the end and then Favre isn't as "much" to blame? Is that make any sense?

But it at the same its kind of silly to NOT put some blame on the QB that throws a costly INT that prevented a FG chance or a pick 6 in the SB or misses a wide open receiver for the OT win.

Bottom line, IMO, there is little if any, difference between Rodgers, Favre and Manning. Bottom line, Drew Brees was better than all of them this year and may be even better next year.
blank
Offline Pack93z  
#40 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 2:47:26 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

RedSox... in any talks that revolve around Brett in Packer/Viking nations more so than not, the talks are dripping with emotion instead of reason.

Once you get to the point where you understand that and accept it as an immovable force.. you can state your opinion on the matter from a neutral point and understand that some (both side, pro or anti Favre) are going to take your opinion and either ignore it or twist it into their angle.

Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent. - Napolean Hill

It is a battle than cannot be won.

Oh and the Viking fans that are wishing it upon themselves another year of Favre and hoping for the same success..

When you are winning a war almost everything that happens can be claimed to be right and wise. - Winston Churchill.

Favre had a remarkable year.. expecting a repeat without the wheels coming off earlier isn't a healthy wager.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#41 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 4:34:43 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 284

i find it hilarious that all the vikings still insist the saints were taking "cheap shots" on favre all game, or that there were "dirty hits" on him.

come on now
call me Dan
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#42 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 4:44:15 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

RedSox... in any talks that revolve around Brett in Packer/Viking nations more so than not, the talks are dripping with emotion instead of reason.

Once you get to the point where you understand that and accept it as an immovable force.. you can state your opinion on the matter from a neutral point and understand that some (both side, pro or anti Favre) are going to take your opinion and either ignore it or twist it into their angle.

Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent. - Napolean Hill

It is a battle than cannot be won.

Oh and the Viking fans that are wishing it upon themselves another year of Favre and hoping for the same success..

When you are winning a war almost everything that happens can be claimed to be right and wise. - Winston Churchill.

Favre had a remarkable year.. expecting a repeat without the wheels coming off earlier isn't a healthy wager.

Good post, nice quotes too. I've always loved the wise men one.

Though giving the reigns to T-Jack isn't a healthy wager either. I think the Packers are better off if Favre retires as the Vikings are not as good.

Off Topic: But I think the NFL really takes a hit if Favre retires. Almost everyone (even if they say otherwise) watches Favre when he's on. I think the Saints game was the highest rated non-SB program since the Seinfeld finale. That is saying a lot.

Plus:

"The NFL's highest-profile team and highest-profile quarterback combined to give FOX big numbers on Sunday.

The Vikings' blowout win over the Cowboys drew a stellar 23.9 overnight rating on FOX Sunday afternoon, up 14% from Eagles/Giants on FOX last year (20.9/41), up 13% from Chargers/Colts on CBS in '08 (21.2/42), and up 13% from Seahawks/Bears on FOX in '07 (21.1/41).

The 23.9 overnight is the highest for the early Sunday Divisional Round game since 1996, when Cowboys/Eagles drew a 26.0. The high point from '97 to '09 was a 22.6 for Steelers/Patriots in '97.

Cowboys/Vikings drew the highest overnight of the four NFL Divisional Round games, topping the Jets/Chargers late Sunday game on CBS."

Plus the Vikings/Packers game being the highest rated ESPN program ever. Plus the Vikings/Packers II being hte highest rated Fox regular season game this year I think.

Maybe its all a concidence but if I was Fox or ESPN, I'd offer to pay Favre's salary this year, lol.
blank
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#43 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 4:53:45 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Actually never mind! The NFL doesn't need Favre, its the ultimate media machine. Its actually unreal how much a sports giant the NFL is. Check this:

The 46.4 overnight rating is the highest for the Super Bowl since Giants/Broncos in '87 (47.8/68).

http://sportsmediawatch....pot.com/search/label/NFL
blank
Offline Pack93z  
#44 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 5:12:41 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

...isn't a healthy wager.

Listen to 93z.....he's an expert at "unhealthy wagers" :onfloor:

UserPostedImage

The worst part.. is the damn freaking flyers about the office dress code keep popping up around the office.. I got zinged on that one..

Off topic but worth passing on...

Props to the Purple Gnome.. +1... BTW.. both the hat and jersey found a comfortable home at a Children's hospital in Minneapolis.. the gifts were delivered with a donation name of Vikesrule and an explanation of how the jersey's made the trek to their hands... wager, payment and all. I don't know the reaction from the kids that got the gifts.. but I know when I talked to the two nurses that were going to handle the gifts with care.. they got a laugh out of it.. we didn't go through the normal donation channels because I wanted to make sure that the two items got into the hands of the children directly..

Ha... got the little gnome before he hit delete. ;)
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline vikesrule  
#45 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 5:21:53 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Ha... got the little gnome before he hit delete. ;)

Ha! Actually I was going to modify and repost it....but that works for me!

Good job on the donations Shawn...we'll have to see if we can top that wager that next season, eh?

Damn, you look good in Purple.....especially #4
:onfloor:
Rss Feed