Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cheesey  
#26 Posted : Saturday, February 6, 2010 10:00:04 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 439

"The Onion" comes through again!!! LOLOL!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2010 11:00:10 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 429

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Cheesey  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2010 3:54:09 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 439

That cartoon was FUNNY!
UserPostedImage
Offline Rockmolder  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2010 12:15:45 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 161
Applause Received: 263

That was pretty good.
UserPostedImage
Offline Gravedigga  
#30 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2010 5:57:57 AM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I would appreciate it if you would Assume Good Faith.

There was nothing derogatory or even critical about the post you quoted.

Lol, look at it again. You 're basically intimating that Favres a pussy that wont mix it up so he can keep playing. Watch that video where he throws his injured throwing shoulder into Patrick Willis and lays him out.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline Gravedigga  
#31 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2010 6:00:59 AM(UTC)
Gravedigga

By the way, I have repeatedly given Favre props for throwing his body around on the turnovers in that last game. But anyone who has watched him over the years knows that has not been this typical style, an occasional block (e.g., in the Super Bowl) every few years notwithstanding.

He's old, he doesn't move around as well. The days of wrestling out of the grasp of Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks in some miraculous elusive play are over.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#32 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2010 6:02:45 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364

I'm intimating that he's a pussy? Actually, I've commented in the past that it's been quite an intelligent move on his part, learning how to throw so powerfully off his back foot so that his momentum is almost always away from the line of scrimmage and he is out of the way of the oncoming rush by the time he's released the ball.
UserPostedImage
Offline Gravedigga  
#33 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2010 6:39:38 AM(UTC)
Gravedigga

I'm intimating that he's a pussy? Actually, I've commented in the past that it's been quite an intelligent move on his part, learning how to throw so powerfully off his back foot so that his momentum is almost always away from the line of scrimmage and he is out of the way of the oncoming rush by the time he's released the ball.

I know how you feel but i'm just trying to explain how your post comes off.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Offline zombieslayer  
#34 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2010 6:05:33 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Looking back at '09, emotions aside, I think it's very arguable that Favre was the 2nd best QB in the NFL (after Drew Brees). I'm just talking about 2009. No other year, so nobody say anything about blah and blah that happened prior to 2009.

Brett should come back. You don't retire being the 2nd best QB. Warner dropped out of the top 5 and has more head injuries. Warner made the best choice to retire. Warner's 39 years are older than Favre's 40 years.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#35 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2010 6:53:27 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,226

By the way, I have repeatedly given Favre props for throwing his body around on the turnovers in that last game. But anyone who has watched him over the years knows that has not been this typical style, an occasional block (e.g., in the Super Bowl) every few years notwithstanding.

He's old, he doesn't move around as well. The days of wrestling out of the grasp of Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks in some miraculous elusive play are over.
Why are they over? I highly doubt either of those guys could bring him down, since, they're not in the NFL. Are they?
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Gravedigga  
#36 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 2:40:15 AM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Why are they over? I highly doubt either of those guys could bring him down, since, they're not in the NFL. Are they?

Well, i heard Warren is still beating people up and of course, I was referring to a young warren sapp and a young derrick brooks like the mid-90's.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Offline Zero2Cool  
#37 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 5:40:03 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Well, i heard Warren is still beating people up and of course, I was referring to a young warren sapp and a young derrick brooks like the mid-90's.

That's kind of bullshit. You put them younger, but not Brett? What the hell is that about?

More examples of your lack of being objective and equal.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#38 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 8:01:23 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

That's kind of bullshit. You put them younger, but not Brett? What the hell is that about?

couldnt it be just him saying

no more Brett escaping defenders like he did in the 90's?
Offline zombieslayer  
#39 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 8:24:48 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Brett was breaking tackles in '07. He stopped doing that in '08. Now he just goes down, although he plays harder to tackle for the Vikings than he did for the Jets.

Why? I can't tell you. I'm just calling it as I see it.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Gravedigga  
#40 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 8:42:49 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Well, you know me, always hating on Favre :thumbright:
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Offline Zero2Cool  
#41 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 9:43:48 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Brett was breaking tackles in '07. He stopped doing that in '08. Now he just goes down, although he plays harder to tackle for the Vikings than he did for the Jets.

Game one of the season, against the Browns, Brett flopped down when he had plenty of time to step up and chuck it.

UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 1:35:20 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

That's what I thought he said.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline The_Green_Ninja  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:21:10 AM(UTC)
The_Green_Ninja

Applause Given: 21
Applause Received: 27

That's what I thought he said.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!

Sorry.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 3:21:00 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Game one of the season, against the Browns, Brett flopped down when he had plenty of time to step up and chuck it.

Yes, there are examples of him doing that too. But there were also examples of him breaking tackles with MN, something he didn't do at all in NY. The Niners game for instance.

In NY, he just went down. Didn't break any tackles, or such an insignificant number that I can't recall them.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:21:11 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Yes, there are examples of him doing that too. But there were also examples of him breaking tackles with MN, something he didn't do at all in NY. The Niners game for instance.

In NY, he just went down. Didn't break any tackles, or such an insignificant number that I can't recall them.

I seen far more flops with the Vikings than the Jets. I can't remember any time with the Jets, but I remember some distinctly with the Vikings. Mainly because it surprised the hell out of me as I never really figured him to be a guy to just flop like that. It was reminiscent of the Strahan sack years ago.

UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#46 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:26:50 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364

Zero is right, of course. Particularly early in the season, I couldn't believe how often Favre was going down with minimal contact or no contact at all. He seemed to be avoiding contact at all costs.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#47 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:30:32 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 399
Applause Received: 1,078

I too want Brett back next season...

Why you ask?

So that we can wipe that smug look off his face with a pair of defeats at the hands of the Packers.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline vikesrule  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 9:14:44 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

I too want Brett back next season...

Why you ask?

So that we can wipe that smug look off his face with a pair of defeats at the hands of the Packers.

You mean a "pair of defeats" that produce a smug look like this......... ::wink:

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:04:30 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Well, whether we like it or not, that there is pretty funny.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline Gravedigga  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:13:31 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Brett doesnt need to break tackles. Guys are afraid to hit him because they only hurt themselves. Ask Demarcus Ware about that. Plus, all he has to do is give them that Southern Eye and they wet their pants and run crying.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Rss Feed