Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#41 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 9:43:48 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Brett was breaking tackles in '07. He stopped doing that in '08. Now he just goes down, although he plays harder to tackle for the Vikings than he did for the Jets.

Why? I can't tell you. I'm just calling it as I see it.
Game one of the season, against the Browns, Brett flopped down when he had plenty of time to step up and chuck it.
Formo  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 1:35:20 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
By the way, I have repeatedly given Favre props for throwing his body around on the turnovers in that last game. But anyone who has watched him over the years knows that has not been this typical style, an occasional block (e.g., in the Super Bowl) every few years notwithstanding.



He's old, he doesn't move around as well. The days of wrestling out of the grasp of Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks in some miraculous elusive play are over.
Why are they over? I highly doubt either of those guys could bring him down, since, they're not in the NFL. Are they?



Well, i heard Warren is still beating people up and of course, I was referring to a young warren sapp and a young derrick brooks like the mid-90's.


That's kind of bullshit. You put them younger, but not Brett? What the hell is that about?

More examples of your lack of being objective and equal.


couldnt it be just him saying

no more Brett escaping defenders like he did in the 90's?


That's what I thought he said.
The_Green_Ninja  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:21:10 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
By the way, I have repeatedly given Favre props for throwing his body around on the turnovers in that last game. But anyone who has watched him over the years knows that has not been this typical style, an occasional block (e.g., in the Super Bowl) every few years notwithstanding.



He's old, he doesn't move around as well. The days of wrestling out of the grasp of Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks in some miraculous elusive play are over.
Why are they over? I highly doubt either of those guys could bring him down, since, they're not in the NFL. Are they?



Well, i heard Warren is still beating people up and of course, I was referring to a young warren sapp and a young derrick brooks like the mid-90's.


That's kind of bullshit. You put them younger, but not Brett? What the hell is that about?

More examples of your lack of being objective and equal.


couldnt it be just him saying

no more Brett escaping defenders like he did in the 90's?


That's what I thought he said.


THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!

Sorry.
zombieslayer  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 3:21:00 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Brett was breaking tackles in '07. He stopped doing that in '08. Now he just goes down, although he plays harder to tackle for the Vikings than he did for the Jets.

Why? I can't tell you. I'm just calling it as I see it.
Game one of the season, against the Browns, Brett flopped down when he had plenty of time to step up and chuck it.


Yes, there are examples of him doing that too. But there were also examples of him breaking tackles with MN, something he didn't do at all in NY. The Niners game for instance.

In NY, he just went down. Didn't break any tackles, or such an insignificant number that I can't recall them.
Zero2Cool  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:21:11 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Brett was breaking tackles in '07. He stopped doing that in '08. Now he just goes down, although he plays harder to tackle for the Vikings than he did for the Jets.

Why? I can't tell you. I'm just calling it as I see it.
Game one of the season, against the Browns, Brett flopped down when he had plenty of time to step up and chuck it.


Yes, there are examples of him doing that too. But there were also examples of him breaking tackles with MN, something he didn't do at all in NY. The Niners game for instance.

In NY, he just went down. Didn't break any tackles, or such an insignificant number that I can't recall them.


I seen far more flops with the Vikings than the Jets. I can't remember any time with the Jets, but I remember some distinctly with the Vikings. Mainly because it surprised the hell out of me as I never really figured him to be a guy to just flop like that. It was reminiscent of the Strahan sack years ago.
Nonstopdrivel  
#46 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:26:50 PM(UTC)
Zero is right, of course. Particularly early in the season, I couldn't believe how often Favre was going down with minimal contact or no contact at all. He seemed to be avoiding contact at all costs.
Pack93z  
#47 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:30:32 PM(UTC)
I too want Brett back next season...

Why you ask?

So that we can wipe that smug look off his face with a pair of defeats at the hands of the Packers.
vikesrule  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 9:14:44 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I too want Brett back next season...

Why you ask?

So that we can wipe that smug look off his face with a pair of defeats at the hands of the Packers.


You mean a "pair of defeats" that produce a smug look like this......... ::wink:

UserPostedImage
zombieslayer  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:04:30 PM(UTC)
Well, whether we like it or not, that there is pretty funny.
Gravedigga  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:13:31 PM(UTC)
Brett doesnt need to break tackles. Guys are afraid to hit him because they only hurt themselves. Ask Demarcus Ware about that. Plus, all he has to do is give them that Southern Eye and they wet their pants and run crying.
zombieslayer  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:19:57 PM(UTC)
Yup. You see that gap in Michael Strahan's teeth? There used to be a tooth there before that ghost sack of Favre.
Formo  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 5:00:34 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Yup. You see that gap in Michael Strahan's teeth? There used to be a tooth there before that ghost sack of Favre.


LOL
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Packers safeties coach Darren Perry interviewing with Texans
Zero2Cool (14h) : Damarious Randall has hand surgery
Cheesey (16h) : Man, talk about dumb luck. The Saints defense on that last play looked like the Packers D.
Zero2Cool (18h) : "Skol Vikings!" It is the team's Viking war chant ... Inspired by Iceland's national soccer team
Zero2Cool (22h) : Packers not playing sure makes playoff weekend less tense.
Nonstopdrivel (15-Jan) : I am slowly recovering from cardiac arrest. What an ending. What a freaking ending!
Mucky Tundra (15-Jan) : DONT BLOW THIS NEW ORLEANS
Smokey (14-Jan) : The"CHAT" is very open !
Zero2Cool (14-Jan) : Damn Saints giving them the game
Nonstopdrivel (14-Jan) : Mariota just ran up the white flag.
Zero2Cool (14-Jan) : Titans OL not too good without Conklin
KRK (13-Jan) : Schwartz defense looking very porous
Nonstopdrivel (13-Jan) : Get yo asses in the chat room, mofrackers!
Smokey (13-Jan) : YES, CHAT
Nonstopdrivel (13-Jan) : Anyone going to be in the chat room for the game?
Nonstopdrivel (13-Jan) : As much as I'd love to experience playoff football, I'm not interested in paying that kind of money to go by myself.
Rockmolder (13-Jan) : Are you thinking about going?
Nonstopdrivel (13-Jan) : Last I checked, there are still tickets available. And they're not too bad: $145 on up.
Nonstopdrivel (13-Jan) : The temps around here are dropping fast and the wind is kicking up. I wonder if that will favor Philly.
Rockmolder (13-Jan) : You'd hope that something will happen before march and the FA window opening.
beast (12-Jan) : I believe the Packers did file a grievance to get the non-2017 signing bonus money back, but I haven't heard when the grievance will be heard
Rockmolder (11-Jan) : In terms of bonus money and that $4.2 million cap hit in 2018.
Rockmolder (11-Jan) : Has there been any news on Bennett? Can't find anything, but I'm not on Twitter.
Rockmolder (11-Jan) : Become a bandwagoner. Live the easy life of no frustrations and constant wins.
Nonstopdrivel (11-Jan) : Problem with that is . . . after the man retires, which team do you follow? Do you just give up football altogether?
Nonstopdrivel (11-Jan) : "My wife since divorced the Packers realizing she was truly a Brett Favre fan." --PackInSteel
Zero2Cool (11-Jan) : raw theme, raw forum, enhanced software! ohhh snap
Zero2Cool (11-Jan) : we're gonna be going back to square zero ;-)
Zero2Cool (11-Jan) : 😂😄 oh yeah
beast (11-Jan) : Eli's problem is his OTs completely sucked and he's not mobile... no QB coach could turn that around.
Zero2Cool (11-Jan) : Packers assistant coach Joe Whitt Jr. will remain with the team in an elevated role of defensive passing game coordinator.
Zero2Cool (10-Jan) : so much for my prevention of double shout entry.
Zero2Cool (10-Jan) : NEW DAY HEY HEY HAY OOOOH YEAH
Zero2Cool (10-Jan) : NEW DAY HEY HEY HAY OOOOH YEAH
Zero2Cool (10-Jan) : we have emoji support in shout, stop crying
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM
at Cowboys
Sunday, Oct 15 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Monday, Nov 6 @ 7:30 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
RAVENS
Sunday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
at Steelers
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 10 @ 12:00 PM
at Browns
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Saturday, Dec 23 @ 7:30 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

17h / Fantasy Sports Talk / KRK

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

14-Jan / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

14-Jan / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

14-Jan / Around The NFL / wpr

13-Jan / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

12-Jan / Green Bay Packers Talk / TedThompsonsShades

12-Jan / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

12-Jan / Green Bay Packers Talk / KRK

12-Jan / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

Headlines