Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#41 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 9:43:48 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Brett was breaking tackles in '07. He stopped doing that in '08. Now he just goes down, although he plays harder to tackle for the Vikings than he did for the Jets.

Why? I can't tell you. I'm just calling it as I see it.
Game one of the season, against the Browns, Brett flopped down when he had plenty of time to step up and chuck it.
Formo  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 1:35:20 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
By the way, I have repeatedly given Favre props for throwing his body around on the turnovers in that last game. But anyone who has watched him over the years knows that has not been this typical style, an occasional block (e.g., in the Super Bowl) every few years notwithstanding.



He's old, he doesn't move around as well. The days of wrestling out of the grasp of Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks in some miraculous elusive play are over.
Why are they over? I highly doubt either of those guys could bring him down, since, they're not in the NFL. Are they?



Well, i heard Warren is still beating people up and of course, I was referring to a young warren sapp and a young derrick brooks like the mid-90's.


That's kind of bullshit. You put them younger, but not Brett? What the hell is that about?

More examples of your lack of being objective and equal.


couldnt it be just him saying

no more Brett escaping defenders like he did in the 90's?


That's what I thought he said.
The_Green_Ninja  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:21:10 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
By the way, I have repeatedly given Favre props for throwing his body around on the turnovers in that last game. But anyone who has watched him over the years knows that has not been this typical style, an occasional block (e.g., in the Super Bowl) every few years notwithstanding.



He's old, he doesn't move around as well. The days of wrestling out of the grasp of Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks in some miraculous elusive play are over.
Why are they over? I highly doubt either of those guys could bring him down, since, they're not in the NFL. Are they?



Well, i heard Warren is still beating people up and of course, I was referring to a young warren sapp and a young derrick brooks like the mid-90's.


That's kind of bullshit. You put them younger, but not Brett? What the hell is that about?

More examples of your lack of being objective and equal.


couldnt it be just him saying

no more Brett escaping defenders like he did in the 90's?


That's what I thought he said.


THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!

Sorry.
zombieslayer  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 3:21:00 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Brett was breaking tackles in '07. He stopped doing that in '08. Now he just goes down, although he plays harder to tackle for the Vikings than he did for the Jets.

Why? I can't tell you. I'm just calling it as I see it.
Game one of the season, against the Browns, Brett flopped down when he had plenty of time to step up and chuck it.


Yes, there are examples of him doing that too. But there were also examples of him breaking tackles with MN, something he didn't do at all in NY. The Niners game for instance.

In NY, he just went down. Didn't break any tackles, or such an insignificant number that I can't recall them.
Zero2Cool  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:21:11 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Brett was breaking tackles in '07. He stopped doing that in '08. Now he just goes down, although he plays harder to tackle for the Vikings than he did for the Jets.

Why? I can't tell you. I'm just calling it as I see it.
Game one of the season, against the Browns, Brett flopped down when he had plenty of time to step up and chuck it.


Yes, there are examples of him doing that too. But there were also examples of him breaking tackles with MN, something he didn't do at all in NY. The Niners game for instance.

In NY, he just went down. Didn't break any tackles, or such an insignificant number that I can't recall them.


I seen far more flops with the Vikings than the Jets. I can't remember any time with the Jets, but I remember some distinctly with the Vikings. Mainly because it surprised the hell out of me as I never really figured him to be a guy to just flop like that. It was reminiscent of the Strahan sack years ago.
Nonstopdrivel  
#46 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:26:50 PM(UTC)
Zero is right, of course. Particularly early in the season, I couldn't believe how often Favre was going down with minimal contact or no contact at all. He seemed to be avoiding contact at all costs.
Pack93z  
#47 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:30:32 PM(UTC)
I too want Brett back next season...

Why you ask?

So that we can wipe that smug look off his face with a pair of defeats at the hands of the Packers.
vikesrule  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 9:14:44 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I too want Brett back next season...

Why you ask?

So that we can wipe that smug look off his face with a pair of defeats at the hands of the Packers.


You mean a "pair of defeats" that produce a smug look like this......... ::wink:

UserPostedImage
zombieslayer  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:04:30 PM(UTC)
Well, whether we like it or not, that there is pretty funny.
Gravedigga  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:13:31 PM(UTC)
Brett doesnt need to break tackles. Guys are afraid to hit him because they only hurt themselves. Ask Demarcus Ware about that. Plus, all he has to do is give them that Southern Eye and they wet their pants and run crying.
zombieslayer  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:19:57 PM(UTC)
Yup. You see that gap in Michael Strahan's teeth? There used to be a tooth there before that ghost sack of Favre.
Formo  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 5:00:34 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Yup. You see that gap in Michael Strahan's teeth? There used to be a tooth there before that ghost sack of Favre.


LOL
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Smokey (7h) : Yes, Insurance Agents do well . You must feel so superior .
rabidgopher04 (7h) : Fenway is electric. Great place to watch baseball. I've been a couple times.
wpr (10h) : A few have it already. Most have to save it to do things.
wpr (10h) : Yes Smokey, life takes money to do anything.
Smokey (13h) : IF THEY HAVE THE MONEY !
wpr (15h) : It is a must for everyone.
Zero2Cool (16-Aug) : I gotta hit that place sometime. Red Sox fan. Hell as a Baseball fan you gotta see Fenway.
wpr (16-Aug) : Flew into Boston today. Took in a game at Fenway with my son.
Smokey (15-Aug) : JOIN PACKERSHOME , A GREAT PLACE TO POST !
beast (12-Aug) : Fairly good news on all the injuries other than having the concussions, but glad it wasn't worse.
buckeyepackfan (11-Aug) : stupid Zeke!!!
Zero2Cool (11-Aug) : De'Angelo Yancey said when he saw Malachi Dupre this afternoon "it was like he never even got hit."
DarkaneRules (11-Aug) : Trubisky lit it up last night. he was throwing darts, especially on the run. impressive
DarkaneRules (11-Aug) : evans had a good game otherwise but refs were rusty
DarkaneRules (11-Aug) : wish there wasn't such an obvious block in the back on the punt td
Tezzy (10-Aug) : Go Pack Go!
buckeyepackfan (10-Aug) : Will The Rivers run deep tonight? Only time will tell!?
Smokey (9-Aug) : GB vs Philly , "Chat" will be "Open" .
Porforis (9-Aug) : Shh... Kids these days like cookies...
Smokey (9-Aug) : and Polls !
Porforis (8-Aug) : We have cookies.
Smokey (7-Aug) : COME JOIN OUR FORUM !
Smokey (7-Aug) : JOIN NOW , JOIN TODAY !
Zero2Cool (7-Aug) : Davon House sits out of the Packers’ Monday practice with a hamstring injury
DarkaneRules (7-Aug) : House not in pads today. Hope to hear "we're just being cautious with him" later
Cheesey (7-Aug) : Good time to get th FG misses in, when it doesn't count.
Smokey (6-Aug) : M. Crosby , will be ok
DarkaneRules (6-Aug) : 6 missed field goals. that will be your headline because media
Smokey (6-Aug) : now I have
Smokey (6-Aug) : Have not seen Jamal Williams (RB) .
DarkaneRules (6-Aug) : it's not a game but this punter looks legit
Smokey (6-Aug) : yes
DarkaneRules (6-Aug) : http://www.tmj4.com/sports/green-bay-packers/green-bay-packers-family-night-2017
Smokey (6-Aug) : yes it sucks
DarkaneRules (6-Aug) : still waiting for something to show up on the stream
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM
at Cowboys
Sunday, Oct 15 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Monday, Nov 6 @ 7:30 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
RAVENS
Sunday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
at Steelers
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 10 @ 12:00 PM
at Browns
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Saturday, Dec 23 @ 7:30 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / gbguy20

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

15-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

13-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

11-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

10-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

10-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

Headlines