Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#41 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 9:43:48 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Brett was breaking tackles in '07. He stopped doing that in '08. Now he just goes down, although he plays harder to tackle for the Vikings than he did for the Jets.

Why? I can't tell you. I'm just calling it as I see it.
Game one of the season, against the Browns, Brett flopped down when he had plenty of time to step up and chuck it.
Formo  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 1:35:20 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
By the way, I have repeatedly given Favre props for throwing his body around on the turnovers in that last game. But anyone who has watched him over the years knows that has not been this typical style, an occasional block (e.g., in the Super Bowl) every few years notwithstanding.



He's old, he doesn't move around as well. The days of wrestling out of the grasp of Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks in some miraculous elusive play are over.
Why are they over? I highly doubt either of those guys could bring him down, since, they're not in the NFL. Are they?



Well, i heard Warren is still beating people up and of course, I was referring to a young warren sapp and a young derrick brooks like the mid-90's.


That's kind of bullshit. You put them younger, but not Brett? What the hell is that about?

More examples of your lack of being objective and equal.


couldnt it be just him saying

no more Brett escaping defenders like he did in the 90's?


That's what I thought he said.
The_Green_Ninja  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:21:10 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
By the way, I have repeatedly given Favre props for throwing his body around on the turnovers in that last game. But anyone who has watched him over the years knows that has not been this typical style, an occasional block (e.g., in the Super Bowl) every few years notwithstanding.



He's old, he doesn't move around as well. The days of wrestling out of the grasp of Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks in some miraculous elusive play are over.
Why are they over? I highly doubt either of those guys could bring him down, since, they're not in the NFL. Are they?



Well, i heard Warren is still beating people up and of course, I was referring to a young warren sapp and a young derrick brooks like the mid-90's.


That's kind of bullshit. You put them younger, but not Brett? What the hell is that about?

More examples of your lack of being objective and equal.


couldnt it be just him saying

no more Brett escaping defenders like he did in the 90's?


That's what I thought he said.


THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!

Sorry.
zombieslayer  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 3:21:00 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Brett was breaking tackles in '07. He stopped doing that in '08. Now he just goes down, although he plays harder to tackle for the Vikings than he did for the Jets.

Why? I can't tell you. I'm just calling it as I see it.
Game one of the season, against the Browns, Brett flopped down when he had plenty of time to step up and chuck it.


Yes, there are examples of him doing that too. But there were also examples of him breaking tackles with MN, something he didn't do at all in NY. The Niners game for instance.

In NY, he just went down. Didn't break any tackles, or such an insignificant number that I can't recall them.
Zero2Cool  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:21:11 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Brett was breaking tackles in '07. He stopped doing that in '08. Now he just goes down, although he plays harder to tackle for the Vikings than he did for the Jets.

Why? I can't tell you. I'm just calling it as I see it.
Game one of the season, against the Browns, Brett flopped down when he had plenty of time to step up and chuck it.


Yes, there are examples of him doing that too. But there were also examples of him breaking tackles with MN, something he didn't do at all in NY. The Niners game for instance.

In NY, he just went down. Didn't break any tackles, or such an insignificant number that I can't recall them.


I seen far more flops with the Vikings than the Jets. I can't remember any time with the Jets, but I remember some distinctly with the Vikings. Mainly because it surprised the hell out of me as I never really figured him to be a guy to just flop like that. It was reminiscent of the Strahan sack years ago.
Nonstopdrivel  
#46 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:26:50 PM(UTC)
Zero is right, of course. Particularly early in the season, I couldn't believe how often Favre was going down with minimal contact or no contact at all. He seemed to be avoiding contact at all costs.
Pack93z  
#47 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:30:32 PM(UTC)
I too want Brett back next season...

Why you ask?

So that we can wipe that smug look off his face with a pair of defeats at the hands of the Packers.
vikesrule  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 9:14:44 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I too want Brett back next season...

Why you ask?

So that we can wipe that smug look off his face with a pair of defeats at the hands of the Packers.


You mean a "pair of defeats" that produce a smug look like this......... ::wink:

UserPostedImage
zombieslayer  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:04:30 PM(UTC)
Well, whether we like it or not, that there is pretty funny.
Gravedigga  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:13:31 PM(UTC)
Brett doesnt need to break tackles. Guys are afraid to hit him because they only hurt themselves. Ask Demarcus Ware about that. Plus, all he has to do is give them that Southern Eye and they wet their pants and run crying.
zombieslayer  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:19:57 PM(UTC)
Yup. You see that gap in Michael Strahan's teeth? There used to be a tooth there before that ghost sack of Favre.
Formo  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 5:00:34 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Yup. You see that gap in Michael Strahan's teeth? There used to be a tooth there before that ghost sack of Favre.


LOL
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10m) : "We are hypnotized by the talent of Aaron Rodgers" | @ColinCowherd
Zero2Cool (1h) : another damn hurricane???
wpr (2h) : So you are saying Jordy is 150-150 for Sunday U2?
uffda udfa (3h) : Jordy 50-50 for Sunday per Schefter.
uffda udfa (3h) : Jordy 50-50 for Sunday per Schefter.
uffda udfa (3h) : Jordy 50-50 for Sunday per Schefter.
Zero2Cool (3h) : Kidding, you might be right. I don't know.
Zero2Cool (3h) : hahaha no
steveishere (3h) : yeah after he was lined up inside
Zero2Cool (3h) : He did get some hurries and QB hits Sunday night though
Zero2Cool (3h) : I'd rather he just killed QB's than left.
wpr (12h) : well the good news is CM3 only has 1 more yr left on his contract.
Zero2Cool (12h) : Clay is useless in middle. Barely better outside.
Zero2Cool (12h) : Chuck Norris would have been scared.
steveishere (16h) : We should bring in Datone and run with him/brooks/fackrell rotation at OLB and let Clay play from inside where he actually makes an impact
uffda udfa (16h) : Last night, Jermichael Finley insinuates Rodgers was scared but quickly deletes tweet.
uffda udfa (17h) : Daniels MRI came back clean. Day to Day.
TheKanataThrilla (17h) : Unless he doesn`t want to be here, I still think he would be a great pick-up as he he knows our system.
uffda udfa (18h) : Datone apparently visited with Detroit, first.
uffda udfa (18h) : Datone Jones makes first FA visit to... New England
uffda udfa (19h) : Twitter doc, David Chao says Sam Bradford may miss 7-8 weeks.
uffda udfa (20h) : Or Jordy not Jody.
uffda udfa (20h) : Wilde has a picture up on Jody's knee. Looks like he banged his knee. Not good.
uffda udfa (20h) : Jordy should be fine but may miss a few weeks. Not season ending.
gbguy20 (21h) : had matt ryan, dFreeman, ty Montgomery and Davante Adams playing for me last night. worked out well
gbguy20 (21h) : before last nights game i was down by 70. now im up by 22.5. need the gints to stop stafford tonight
gbguy20 (21h) : it's nice seeing the bengals and bears up next
Zero2Cool (21h) : lol i can see if I can wrap the link into a clickable link. best of both worlds
gbguy20 (21h) : its a damn tease. now i have to google it
gbguy20 (21h) : especially since phones can't click links in shout and I can't copy and paste it either
Zero2Cool (21h) : The Packers and the Village of Ashwaubenon will officially dedicate a new roadway in Ashwaubenon as “Ron Wolf Way” tomorrow
Zero2Cool (22h) : can you stop posting links in shout and start a thread so they can be discussed? that'd be great ;)
uffda udfa (22h) : On Jordy: http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-jordy-nelson-injury-packers-0917-story.html
Zero2Cool (22h) : Aaron Nagler: I'll be very surprised if King isn't the starter opposite House next Sunday.
Zero2Cool (22h) : on*
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM
at Cowboys
Sunday, Oct 15 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Monday, Nov 6 @ 7:30 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
RAVENS
Sunday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
at Steelers
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 10 @ 12:00 PM
at Browns
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Saturday, Dec 23 @ 7:30 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
4m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dulak

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

3h / Around The NFL / Smokey

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / blueleopard

Headlines