You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wils0646  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 10:12:29 PM(UTC)
wils0646

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 4

From the radio:

Jared Allen was quoted as saying if he didn't sack Rodgers 5 times himself, he'll consider it a bad game.

More arrogance from the Queens. Clifton basically shut him down last time we faced him. Good luck with that Mr. Allen.
The Pack Will Be Back.
Sponsor
Offline bozz_2006  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 10:16:00 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 11

he definitely talks big. always has. key is; use that to motivate you instead of being intimidated by it. That is one thing I love about our tackles. they are practically immune to intimidation, which is a key tool for a great many DE's.
UserPostedImage
Offline CalifPacker  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 10:21:40 PM(UTC)
CalifPacker

Nobody intimidates the Green Bay Packers, especally [size=18]low lifes[/size] from the viqueens. More locker room clippings for our O-line people.

blank
Offline NodakPaul  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 10:22:01 PM(UTC)
NodakPaul

The last time the Packers faced Allen, he didn't have the Williams twins lined up next to him. And given the way the Packer OL has performed so far, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Allen. I expect him to get at least one sack on September 8th.
"There's the snap, Rodgers with a quick drop - in trouble! AND SACKED BY ALLEN! The ball is lose, the ball is lose, and recovered by Kevin Williams! And that's the ball game! Childress and the Vikings FINALLY beat the Packers!"
--
Offline Greg C.  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 10:23:02 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

This reminds me of that chump who used to play for the Vikings who was good for a season or two, who was obsessed with Favre. What was his name again?
blank
Offline IronMan  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 10:24:02 PM(UTC)
IronMan

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 53

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
This reminds me of that chump who used to play for the Vikings who was good for a season or two, who was obsessed with Favre. What was his name again?

Hovan
Offline bozz_2006  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 10:33:55 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 11

I also expect Allen to get a sack. probably more than one. it's the first game of the season, and OLine takes a while to gel, every year. plus, it's Rodg's first game ever. He will be stressed. So, yeah, Allen will get a sack or two or three. What the Packers need to do is not let it "get to them". Keep playing football, and beat the inferior team. And Allen had better hope he can be make the difference. Because if he doesn't, the Packers difference makers; Jennings, Jones, and Driver, will eat the Vikings secondary alive.
UserPostedImage
Offline Bigbyfan  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 12:56:46 AM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Applause Given: 21
Applause Received: 71

It would be one thing if Allen has been on a winning team, but he came from the Chiefs.... enuff said
blank
Offline NodakPaul  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 9:54:25 AM(UTC)
NodakPaul

It would be one thing if Allen has been on a winning team, but he came from the Chiefs.... enuff said

???

lol, you lost me on that one. What does that have to do with it? If anything, the quality of players he is lined up with has gotten better now that he is with the Vikings, so we can expect him to be even better this year.

BTW, Mike Harmon has picked Allen to lead the NFL in sacks again this year.
http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/story/8451088
"There's the snap, Rodgers with a quick drop - in trouble! AND SACKED BY ALLEN! The ball is lose, the ball is lose, and recovered by Kevin Williams! And that's the ball game! Childress and the Vikings FINALLY beat the Packers!"
--
Offline Packnic  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 10:27:05 AM(UTC)
Packnic

The last time the Packers faced Allen, he didn't have the Williams twins lined up next to him. And given the way the Packer OL has performed so far, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Allen. I expect him to get at least one sack on September 8th.

that would be correct if Clifton was the only offensive lineman out there. The Williams twins got shut down last year 2 times including a 34-0 reaming. and Clifton didnt touch either of them.

I understand that your Dline is definitely better this year. But neither your Dline nor Jared Allen last year had anything for our Oline. I dont see why its crazy to expect the same results next year.

and if you're gonna make assumptions about our Oline based on preseason games... go right ahead. its silly, but go right ahead.

We didnt game plan for the 49ers like we should have... (like we should have in a regular season game at least). You think that we aren't already game planning for opening night? One sack is fair. 5 is downright laugable.
blank
Offline DakotaT  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 11:08:37 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 566
Applause Received: 1,190

Isn't a football player having another football player's picture considered gay, or stalking?

I like our 4 wide formation against the Vikings. They don't have one good D-back yet alone 4. I guess Winfield is a good tackler though. That leaves us 5 on four blocking, with the running back to chip block Mr. head case. That defense is tailor made for us to torch. Slow linebackers playing in a cover 2 with d-backs and safeties that can't match up to our wide receivers.
UserPostedImage
Offline brnt247  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 12:44:17 PM(UTC)
brnt247

It's going to be tough to sack him 5 times when nearly every pass will be a 3 step or 5 step drop back. With this game more than any I expect the Pack to take full advantage of the west coast and work dumps to Grant and Jackson and then slants to Driver and Jennings.
blank
Offline johnny_blood  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 1:04:36 PM(UTC)
johnny_blood

Nobody intimidates the Green Bay Packers, especally [size=18]low lifes[/size] from the viqueens. More locker room clippings for our O-line people.

Green text + green background = sore eyes. Your posts are almost illegible. If you have to type in Packers colors maybe gold would be the way to go. Just a friendly note in case you were unaware.

As for Allen, he really likes to run his mouth! I haven't heard many interviews with him, does he come across as stupid? His fascination with the humor value of the number 69 makes me think he's at the mental level of a middle schooler. It's his football number, his bar's motto was "Wine 'em Dine 'em 69 'em", etc. He seems to be a doofus.
blank
Offline TheEngineer  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 1:12:24 PM(UTC)
TheEngineer

He might get a sack or two, but 5? Pure arrogance. Why do people with such poor attitudes get several million dollars per year to trash talk their heads off?
blank
Offline NodakPaul  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 1:34:32 PM(UTC)
NodakPaul

He might get a sack or two, but 5? Pure arrogance. Why do people with such poor attitudes get several million dollars per year to trash talk their heads off?

To be honest, I haven't see or heard this "quote" anywhere else except for the original poster. I am starting to doubt it. He does talk a lot of smack, but that is one that I haven't seen. Even if he did say it, it is just that, smack. There is a difference between trash talking and honest expectations.

Also, keep in mind that it is not impossible by any means. Osi Umenyiora had 6 against the Eagles just last season. But I agree that we will more likely see one or two.

I am curious as to the "poor attitude" comment though. Why do you think that Allen has a poor attitude?
--