Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DarkaneRules  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 3:05:25 AM(UTC)
Brett Favre to me sounded basically like he said these seasons with the Vikings if it comes to that will be like him putting on a clinic with this offense. He could teach it... I mean it his the same dang offense he has been playing for years.

Interesting side bar... Favre had a real freaking good running game with the Jets too. Did that solve all the problems?
Dulak  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:27:01 AM(UTC)
Some comments on this topic ...

First off the first post was obviously a bait post. ie a new user account etc ...

I admit I was reading the post until I got to the 4-10 part ...

and whomever said farve was over sticking it to ted ... errr what makes you think this? Cuz he said on national tv that he did want to stick it to ted.

anyways ... I actually hope the guy does well in MN just not when we play him. Give me a reason to watch the MN game now. And ya if MN plays some other team in the playoffs I will be hoping MN does well.

IMO the pack still has a better team this year but the NFC north should be some fun games.
4PackGirl  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:36:54 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
This is about revenge for Favre. This love of the game crap is ridiculous and everyone knows it and I think in a few years Favre will probably admit as much after time has past and wounds have been healed.

couldn't have said it better myself, porky. :thumbright:

formo is officially a favre homer. ;)

and vikesrule - that was some funny shite!! :onfloor:
Trippster  
#44 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:39:50 AM(UTC)
Yup....he'd be a full year in their system, and better knowing his "team".
Now he starts over from point one.

wrong. new coach in NY and new system.
vikesrule  
#45 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:52:56 AM(UTC)

Ya, rumor has it now that Favre is getting a plexiglass bellybutton installed so that Formo can see where he going! ::wink:
dfosterf  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 9:54:26 AM(UTC)

Ya, rumor has it now that Favre is getting a plexiglass bellybutton installed so that Formo can see where he going! ::wink:

Formo is too late. Now he has to get in line behind Ziggy and Colonel Klink.
digsthepack  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 11:51:11 AM(UTC)
And before the Packers, the player formerly known as #4 was a drunk, fat third-stringer working his way out of the league quickly.

Your point??!?

One cannot refuse to acknowledge the career the player formerly known as #4 had, or his impact on the team. However, that does not mean that we have to refuse to acknowledge that he has acted like a complete dick for the past 2 years, and before that like a prima-donna who obviously believed he was bigger than the team. Nobody is bigger than the team!

Good buy, you little turd...may you find pain on the turf of Lambeau...and the dome. As AK said, "the red jersey is OFF".
TwinkieGorilla  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 11:54:55 AM(UTC)
And before the Packers, the player formerly known as #4 was a drunk, fat third-stringer working his way out of the league quickly.

Your point??!?

One cannot refuse to acknowledge the career the player formerly known as #4 had, or his impact on the team. However, that does not mean that we have to refuse to acknowledge that he has acted like a complete dick for the past 2 years, and before that like a prima-donna who obviously believed he was bigger than the team. Nobody is bigger than the team!

Good buy, you little turd...may you find pain on the turf of Lambeau...and the dome. As AK said, "the red jersey is OFF".

qft, +1 applause.

Favre, i still love ya...but go fuck yrself for a little while, mmmkay?
nickb364  
#49 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 1:39:39 PM(UTC)
Well, "I for one", disagree with you.. the 2008 offseason was only a fiasco because Favre let it become one. Do you REALLY think the packers would of started Rodgers over Favre had Brett said he wanted to come back? Of course not.. The packers spent 4 months developing and investing time into Aaron, and then Favre wants to jump back on the team somewhere in July.. The packers offered him money to retire because they wanted to avoid all the drama that eventually hit the fan.. In my mind, Brett is to blame for all of this.. you don't switch QBs after months of preparation.. we're not desperate like the vikings.. and as for your predictions for Rodgers, that's funny.. the guy was a 'one year wonder' with a bruised up shoulder and a defense that let him down.. I'll tell you what, since your judging the NFL after ONE preseason game, I'll do the same.. IF THE PACKERS DEFENSE PLAYED LIKE THEY DID VS THE BROWNS THEY'RE GOING TO THE BOWL.. Oh wait, it's only preseason..
Cheesey  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 2:08:47 PM(UTC)
"Potential"........that the ONLY Super Bowl trophy the Vikings have so far......."potential" ones!LOLOLOL!!!

Hey Formo....come on over to Green Bay, and we can show you REAL Super Bowl trophies!!!

[youtube]3FLZ0lctKUs[/youtube]

LOLOL!!!
I luv ya Formo!!!
LOLOLOL!!! That response made me laugh! GOOD JOB! :thumbright:
Cheesey  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 2:10:25 PM(UTC)
True Trippster........good point about the new system in NY.
I guess I can't blame Favre. If you are gonna lose, at least he gets to do it playing indoors, where he won't get cold.
LOLOL!!!
ILikeThePackers39  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 2:25:05 PM(UTC)
IMHO this is nothingbut a "Bait" post, someone hoping to get a reaction.
Good to see Real Packer fans on this forum are not taking the bait.

The man is a legend but without his teammates he is just "one man". Reggie White, Sterling Sharpe,Edgar Bennet,The Gravedigger,Tauscher and Clifton, Keith Jackson, William Henderson, Robert Brooks,Don Beebe,..........I can go on and on the number of Great and exceptional players who were teamates that made Brett the legend he became in Green Bay.

Brett was the constant, but without his teammates he would not be the qb he is.

Just a note, real Packer fans know that it was the signing of Reggie White which started the turn around in Green Bay.

Brett came a year later, the Packers were already turning in the right direction when he became the starter, he just help keep the ball rolling.

Emotions are high right now on this forum, in time they will settle down and Packer fans will realize that this year and maybe next could be two of the most exciting years since 96 and 97.

This right here is just about perfect. Thank you.

He's a man, not a god. He's got freewill to do what he would like; fans have their own freewill to root for him or condemn him, depending on their preference. The End.
Formo  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 4:23:17 PM(UTC)

Formo is too late. Now he has to get in line behind Ziggy and Colonel Klink.

lol

Whatever you guys. I just refuse to let FAVRE ruin my feelings for MY team any more than he has as a Packer. If that means accepting him with open arms, then damnit, so be it.

I'm unemployed ATM.. I'm fulling willing to wipe his ass and do any of the stuff he doesn't want to do in order to put food on the table. Favre.. Call me!
Formo  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:06:07 PM(UTC)
"Potential"........that the ONLY Super Bowl trophy the Vikings have so far......."potential" ones!LOLOLOL!!!

Hey Formo....come on over to Green Bay, and we can show you REAL Super Bowl trophies!!!

[youtube]3FLZ0lctKUs[/youtube]

LOLOL!!!
I luv ya Formo!!!
LOLOLOL!!! That response made me laugh! GOOD JOB! :thumbright:

lol

I didn't have much of a comeback, except blowing raspberries.. And I didn't know how to write that down.. How DO you express 'raspberries' in text? So I figured the best thing would be a video response.

Glad you liked it.. Just wish I could have seen your reaction. =)
Cheesey  
#55 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2009 12:39:04 AM(UTC)
I just laughed!!!
Not much else to say!

I wish i had the capabilities to video respond.......I don't have that though.
So just imagaine...........what would Cheesey come up with???LOLOLOL!!!

I don't blame you for your reasoning. Favre is "your guy" now, so what choice do you have? If you love YOUR team, and they make a move you don't really like, your only 2 choices is to stay with them (which i respect you for doing that!) or "jump team" as so many people do now adays.
Formo  
#56 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 8:26:04 PM(UTC)
Classic thread. Especially since the how many of you predicted the year to end differently. =)
Zero2Cool  
#57 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 6:08:03 AM(UTC)
Favre actually said he plays for the love of winning.
If that were true, why did he retire from the Jets and then run to the Vikings instead of back to the Jets? Mainly, why did he retire?

lol

It was the JETS. That's why. There was no winning in that city.

Oh, and his torn bicep may have something to do with it.

How far did the JETS go last year? I believe AFC Championship, without a sure fire HoF QB at the helm and the games 'best' RB. :)
Formo  
#58 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 8:24:50 AM(UTC)
Favre actually said he plays for the love of winning.
If that were true, why did he retire from the Jets and then run to the Vikings instead of back to the Jets? Mainly, why did he retire?

lol

It was the JETS. That's why. There was no winning in that city.

Oh, and his torn bicep may have something to do with it.

How far did the JETS go last year? I believe AFC Championship, without a sure fire HoF QB at the helm and the games 'best' RB. :)

This was an old thread. The year with Favre the Jets only went 8-8. And the year before that? Much, much worse. So, at the time of my post.. I was pretty much correct. =)
Zero2Cool  
#59 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 2:13:52 PM(UTC)
and in the end ... not correct. :)
Nonstopdrivel  
#60 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 3:05:57 PM(UTC)
The packers offered him money to retire

No. They didn't. He was already retired. They offered him money for the rights to use his image in marketing campaigns for the next ten years. His return to the league, in any uniform, rendered such a deal moot.
Rss Feed