Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dhazer  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 11:57:50 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 203

Vikings | Brett Favre undergoes surgery
Comment (0) Tweet! Share on Facebook
Fri, 21 May 2010 16:38:44 -0400

Minnesota Vikings QB Brett Favre (ankle) underwent arthroscopic surgery on his injured left ankle Friday, May 21, several sources told ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen. Dr. James Andrews cleaned up scar tissue and other elements of the joint to allow Favre a better range of motion, according to sources. A source said Favre would likely need four to six weeks of rehabilitation before beginning a running program that would put him on schedule to report to training camp "either at the beginning of camp or shortly thereafter."

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0obyeA3IH
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Formo  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 2:35:35 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Not ready to believe he's back until I see him suited up for [strike]training camp[/strike] preseason.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Cheesey  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 4:47:04 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 439

Yup.....same old Favre. Instead of getting it done earlier, he gets it done now, so he has a handy excuse for missing mini camp.
LOL!
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 4:52:02 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,228

I'm not going to blast Favre for the timing of this. He and many athletes say it takes a couple months after their final game to think with a clear head. Couple that with his near 'phobia' of surgery ... I think having the surgery now is not that big of a deal. He'd be ready for Training Camp still which doesn't start til end of July early August and his rehab is 4-6 weeks.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline porky88  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 10:01:32 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 195
Applause Received: 409

I don't think anyone is surprised.
Offline Rockmolder  
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 11:26:16 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 161
Applause Received: 263

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I don't think anyone is surprised.

I very much agree.

Also, th sky is still blue.
UserPostedImage
Offline IronMan  
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2010 4:33:50 AM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 85
Applause Received: 98

I'm hoping he stays retired. I don't want to see him shred the Packers defense two more times this season. We've already proven we can't stop him. I'd rather face Tarvaris.
Offline Rockmolder  
#8 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2010 2:39:03 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 161

I'm hoping he stays retired. I don't want to see him shred the Packers defense two more times this season. We've already proven we can't stop him. I'd rather face Tarvaris.

Yup.

Their schedule isn't as favorable as last year's, but it still looks pretty good. A lot of dome and warm weather games at the end of the season. His arm might hold up the entire season, agan. Favre makes that team so much better.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2010 4:32:23 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

I would say any QB who's not throwing the ball to the other team is making his team better. And that's been an issue with the Vikings. They seem to throw interceptions at the worst times (not that there are many good times to do so).

Last regular season Favre didn't throw many interceptions that were costly. I think the one against the Steelers may have been the worst.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#10 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2010 5:25:39 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Also, the sky is still blue.

Just wait until Iceland gives you another volcano attack.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Formo  
#11 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2010 7:45:02 PM(UTC)
Formo

I would say any QB who's not throwing the ball to the other team is making his team better. And that's been an issue with the Vikings. They seem to throw interceptions at the worst times (not that there are many good times to do so).

Last regular season Favre didn't throw many interceptions that were costly. I think the one against the Steelers may have been the worst.

Pretty much. Cept for the most costly INT.. Unless you are talking during the regular season, I'd have to say the NFC Championship game was the worst.
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#12 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2010 7:50:41 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364

The logic that he should stay retired so he doesn't shred our defense makes no sense to me. If our defense gets shredded by a quarterback in his 40s, that just means changes need to be made to our team. Rather than hoping our defense won't get tested, we should want to know what its capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses are. Consider it a stress test, if you will. You can't shore up your weaknesses if you don't know what they are.

I don't see the Vikings sweeping us this year no matter who is helming them.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#13 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2010 9:37:24 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

The logic that he should stay retired so he doesn't shred our defense makes no sense to me. If our defense gets shredded by a quarterback in his 40s, that just means changes need to be made to our team. Rather than hoping our defense won't get tested, we should want to know what its capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses are. Consider it a stress test, if you will. You can't shore up your weaknesses if you don't know what they are.

Well we had the so called 2nd ranked defense last year and got torched in 3 games by a 40+ yr old qbs, So I guess we should have over hauled our defense right Rourke :p
UserPostedImage

Offline zombieslayer  
#14 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2010 9:56:23 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

40s or not, Brett Favre was unarguably an elite QB last year, and my personal opinion was the 2nd best after Drew Brees. Two of the past 3 years, Favre was one bad pass away from beating the team that went on to winning the SB.

I don't fear him shredding us. What I want to see is no matter what performance Favre has, they can't stop our O and we overpower them with points. I'd love to see Rodgers throw 4 or 5 TDs each game and let them play catch up.

Favre historically may be the best QB ever at maintaining a lead. What he is not is a good QB at playing catch up. Let's put him in a position where he has to play catch up.

Our OL last year cost us both games. Rodgers was sacked 8 times the first game and six times the second game. With 14 sacks, we still managed to put up 49 points. Fix the line and those games will be entirely different games.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline DakotaT  
#15 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2010 11:35:50 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 668
Applause Received: 1,374

I just want Capers to apply pressure and not let him sit back and have target practice. I think the Saints showed the league what to do to rattle him. And no I'm not condoning taking any cheap shots, although I wouldn't lose too much sleep if it happened.
UserPostedImage
Offline IronMan  
#16 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 12:12:39 AM(UTC)
IronMan

I think the Saints showed the league what to do to rattle him.
The Saints didn't show the league anything that wasn't already known. They just executed better than anyone else. We tried to pressure Favre, we just couldn't.
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#17 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 1:33:29 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364

I saw our defense playing a lot of coverage. I saw essentially no attempts to pressure Favre. Capers said in a recent article that he likes the odds when he gambles on making teams one dimensional. Except it clearly didn't work in either game with the Vikings. What did work was putting Favre on the ground, as the Saints proved.

My point was that I don't dread tests of our team. I welcome them. I like good, tight games. And I love the irony of our defense fighting against "our" quarterback.
UserPostedImage
Offline IronMan  
#18 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 2:42:02 AM(UTC)
IronMan

What did work was putting Favre on the ground, as the Saints proved.
Easier said than done.
Offline Formo  
#19 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 2:50:19 AM(UTC)
Formo

The Saints didn't show the league anything that wasn't already known. They just executed better than anyone else. We tried to pressure Favre, we just couldn't.

Exactly. I believe the Steelers laid big numbers on Favre too. And it ended in a Steeler win. The Saints didn't show the league what to do to get to Favre. They just executed it very well done.

BTW, where were you DakotaT when Favre got blasted high-low that messed up his ankle? You'd be all over Allen if it were him. =)
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#20 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 3:07:21 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Everyone know's how to get to the QB. It's those who execute that matter.

UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#21 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 2:03:45 PM(UTC)
dhazer

It didn't hurt at all when his teammates were constantly putting the ball on the ground. The vikes fumbled what twice inside the saints 20 and once inside their own 20. The Saints didn't win that game the Vikes lost it. You fumble the ball 7 times i think it was and lose 5 of them you should be blown out.
UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#22 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 2:06:16 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

He's Back!

Really.. didn't know that fact was even in doubt.. I truly believe he will play until nobody wants him on their team or he suffers a brutal injury that forces his hand. I pray for his sake it is the former.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#23 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 3:38:09 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 668
Applause Received: 1,374

BTW, where were you DakotaT when Favre got blasted high-low that messed up his ankle? You'd be all over Allen if it were him. =)

Getting drunk and enjoying the Karma.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#24 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 8:37:25 PM(UTC)
Formo

Getting drunk and enjoying the Karma.

Karma? I thought karma already happened when that Lion guard chop blocked Allen? That's karma.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#25 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 8:38:14 PM(UTC)
Formo

It didn't hurt at all when his teammates were constantly putting the ball on the ground. The vikes fumbled what twice inside the saints 20 and once inside their own 20. The Saints didn't win that game the Vikes lost it. You fumble the ball 7 times i think it was and lose 5 of them you should be blown out.

Yes. That's what hurts so much. Knowing how close that game was and still giving away the ball 5 times.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed