Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline IronMan  
#16 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 12:12:39 AM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 77
Applause Received: 91

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I think the Saints showed the league what to do to rattle him.
The Saints didn't show the league anything that wasn't already known. They just executed better than anyone else. We tried to pressure Favre, we just couldn't.
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#17 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 1:33:29 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

I saw our defense playing a lot of coverage. I saw essentially no attempts to pressure Favre. Capers said in a recent article that he likes the odds when he gambles on making teams one dimensional. Except it clearly didn't work in either game with the Vikings. What did work was putting Favre on the ground, as the Saints proved.

My point was that I don't dread tests of our team. I welcome them. I like good, tight games. And I love the irony of our defense fighting against "our" quarterback.
UserPostedImage
Offline IronMan  
#18 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 2:42:02 AM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 77
Applause Received: 91

What did work was putting Favre on the ground, as the Saints proved.
Easier said than done.
Offline Formo  
#19 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 2:50:19 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

The Saints didn't show the league anything that wasn't already known. They just executed better than anyone else. We tried to pressure Favre, we just couldn't.

Exactly. I believe the Steelers laid big numbers on Favre too. And it ended in a Steeler win. The Saints didn't show the league what to do to get to Favre. They just executed it very well done.

BTW, where were you DakotaT when Favre got blasted high-low that messed up his ankle? You'd be all over Allen if it were him. =)
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Online Zero2Cool  
#20 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 3:07:21 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,956
Applause Received: 2,191

Everyone know's how to get to the QB. It's those who execute that matter.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#21 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 2:03:45 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 203

It didn't hurt at all when his teammates were constantly putting the ball on the ground. The vikes fumbled what twice inside the saints 20 and once inside their own 20. The Saints didn't win that game the Vikes lost it. You fumble the ball 7 times i think it was and lose 5 of them you should be blown out.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Pack93z  
#22 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 2:06:16 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,077

He's Back!

Really.. didn't know that fact was even in doubt.. I truly believe he will play until nobody wants him on their team or he suffers a brutal injury that forces his hand. I pray for his sake it is the former.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#23 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 3:38:09 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

BTW, where were you DakotaT when Favre got blasted high-low that messed up his ankle? You'd be all over Allen if it were him. =)

Getting drunk and enjoying the Karma.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#24 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 8:37:25 PM(UTC)
Formo

Getting drunk and enjoying the Karma.

Karma? I thought karma already happened when that Lion guard chop blocked Allen? That's karma.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#25 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 8:38:14 PM(UTC)
Formo

It didn't hurt at all when his teammates were constantly putting the ball on the ground. The vikes fumbled what twice inside the saints 20 and once inside their own 20. The Saints didn't win that game the Vikes lost it. You fumble the ball 7 times i think it was and lose 5 of them you should be blown out.

Yes. That's what hurts so much. Knowing how close that game was and still giving away the ball 5 times.
UserPostedImage
Offline Rockmolder  
#26 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 8:41:53 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 157
Applause Received: 259

6 Fumbles. They lost 3.

Favre had 1 fumble, which they lost and 2 interceptions.

I know, you can't hold him accountable by himself, as the entire team was throwing it away, but it's obvious that the key is pressure.

What a surprise.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#27 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 8:43:46 PM(UTC)
Formo

6 Fumbles. They lost 3.

I know, you can't hold him accountable by himself, as the entire team was throwing it away, but it's obvious that the key is pressure.

What a surprise.

There was actually 7 fumbles. Stat line doesn't call one a fumble for some technical reason, but for all intents and purposes it was a fumble.
UserPostedImage
Offline Rockmolder  
#28 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 8:45:47 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 157
Applause Received: 259

6 Fumbles. They lost 3.

What a surprise.

There was actually 7 fumbles. Stat line doesn't call one a fumble for some technical reason, but for all intents and purposes it was a fumble.

7. Ok. Still 3 lost, right? So, 5 turnovers. 3 on Favre. The fumble is arguable.

Fact remains, he threw 2 interceptions. Something he hadn't done all year. People where playing chicken defense in the hope of not getting cut up or giving up a big run.

Prime example is the Packers.

It's all about getting pressure on the QB. If you're going to bring 3 and 4, consistently, and you don't have a dominant line, 25/32 QBs in the league will find the gaps in the zone or receivers will get open in man.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#29 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 8:46:09 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

6 Fumbles. They lost 3.

What a surprise.

So technically it wasn't a fumble.. right.

Silly Viking fans.. lol.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#30 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 9:08:07 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Prime example is the Packers.

It's all about getting pressure on the QB. If you're going to bring 3 and 4, consistently, and you don't have a dominant line, 25/32 QBs in the league will find the gaps in the zone or receivers will get open in man.

Chicken and the egg debate again.. and I still contend at the end of the season.. LT, Banks, Carson, Pepper, and Marshall were not saving the Packers from the olay conference we played at the end of the season.. I have watched that Cardinal game enough times to make me sick.. pre-snap confusion and misalignment.. guys were open in less than three beats.. wide open.

But I also concede that we were piss poor in applying pressure.. and all season it put undue pressure on our secondary.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed