Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Formo  
#31 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 9:32:31 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I think the Saints showed the league what to do to rattle him.
The Saints didn't show the league anything that wasn't already known. They just executed better than anyone else. We tried to pressure Favre, we just couldn't.

It didn't hurt at all when his teammates were constantly putting the ball on the ground. The vikes fumbled what twice inside the saints 20 and once inside their own 20. The Saints didn't win that game the Vikes lost it. You fumble the ball 7 times i think it was and lose 5 of them you should be blown out.

6 Fumbles. They lost 3.

Favre had 1 fumble, which they lost and 2 interceptions.

I know, you can't hold him accountable by himself, as the entire team was throwing it away, but it's obvious that the key is pressure.

What a surprise.

There was actually 7 fumbles. Stat line doesn't call one a fumble for some technical reason, but for all intents and purposes it was a fumble.

So technically it wasn't a fumble.. right.

Silly Viking fans.. lol.

Ball hits turf = fumble, right? =)
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline vikesrule  
#32 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 9:40:14 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

....Silly Viking fans.. lol.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#33 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 9:41:34 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 390
Applause Received: 1,060

....Silly Viking fans.. lol.

UserPostedImage

F(&% that hurts.. lol.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 12:26:58 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

BTW, where were you DakotaT when Favre got blasted high-low that messed up his ankle? You'd be all over Allen if it were him. =)

Getting drunk and enjoying the Karma.

Karma? I thought karma already happened when that Lion guard chop blocked Allen? That's karma.

Sorry my friend, the Cherilous hit, although cheap, was legal. The sh*t Jared did to Schaub was both cheap and illegal, hence the fines from the league office. Damn we haven't squabbled over this in awhile. The Karma I speak of is having someone go after your quarterback like Allen did on Schaub.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 3:01:32 AM(UTC)
Formo

BTW, where were you DakotaT when Favre got blasted high-low that messed up his ankle? You'd be all over Allen if it were him. =)

Getting drunk and enjoying the Karma.

Karma? I thought karma already happened when that Lion guard chop blocked Allen? That's karma.

Sorry my friend, the Cherilous hit, although cheap, was legal. The sh*t Jared did to Schaub was both cheap and illegal, hence the fines from the league office. Damn we haven't squabbled over this in awhile. The Karma I speak of is having someone go after your quarterback like Allen did on Schaub.

Actually, shots Jared had on Schaub were PERFECTLY legal. Hence why he never got penalized. Yes he got fined, but because they looked intentional/cheap according to the league; the low hitting a QB rule didn't go into effect until the following offseason.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 12:31:42 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Actually, shots Jared had on Schaub were PERFECTLY legal. Hence why he never got penalized. Yes he got fined, but because they looked intentional/cheap according to the league; the low hitting a QB rule didn't go into effect until the following offseason.

I know, it helps you sleep better at night when the penalties rules are created because of your dirty player instead of being called on the field at the time. Just like Fat Pat and Kevin are victims in their steroid masquing farce. Keep your Richie Blackmore goggles on Formo. And for the record, Jared's hits were not perfectly legal they were late and cheap, and should have been flagged.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 5:25:08 PM(UTC)
Formo

I know, it helps you sleep better at night when the penalties rules are created because of your dirty player instead of being called on the field at the time. Just like Fat Pat and Kevin are victims in their steroid masquing farce. Keep your Richie Blackmore goggles on Formo. And for the record, Jared's hits were not perfectly legal they were late and cheap, and should have been flagged.

lol

Speaking of goggles.. You gotta take the green ones off. They were far from late. No later than any other knock down on a QB.

Pot calling the kettle black much?
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 11:17:27 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

BS Formo, I rip on my players all the time. Do you? Because you can't decifer those dirty ass plays by Jared, makes you a Ritchie Blackmore goggle wearing MF. I suppose Fat Pat and Kevin were just trying to cut 20 lbs the night before the weigh in and McKinnie needed that little extra edge of a metal pole to beat down a guy half his size.

BTW it's nice fighting with you again. Football season must be right around the corner.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 5:49:08 AM(UTC)
Formo

BS Formo, I rip on my players all the time. Do you? Because you can't decifer those dirty ass plays by Jared, makes you a Ritchie Blackmore goggle wearing MF. I suppose Fat Pat and Kevin were just trying to cut 20 lbs the night before the weigh in and McKinnie needed that little extra edge of a metal pole to beat down a guy half his size.

BTW it's nice fighting with you again. Football season must be right around the corner.

I rip on McKinney all the time. I've never been a fan of him, and his off the field antics haven't gotten better. I've wanted him gone since the Love Boat.

Jared hasn't had a single off the field issue since moving playing as a Viking. He can play dirty all he wants. Some of the all time greats played like Allen. Butkus ring a bell? Face it, some of the best defensive players in the history of the NFL played like homing missiles on the ball carrier. If they got hurt.. Tough sh*t, it's football. As long as Allen stays away from the roads when drunk and puts up decent numbers, he's more than ok in my book. And despite the great information that Foster has pooled together with the Starcaps stuff with the Williams Wall, they still were not tested positive for any steroid, thus they are only guilty as such in the court of opinion. And frankly that court carries no weight.

You still call the kettle black homie.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 11:30:42 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

I rip on McKinney all the time. I've never been a fan of him, and his off the field antics haven't gotten better. I've wanted him gone since the Love Boat.

Jared hasn't had a single off the field issue since moving playing as a Viking. He can play dirty all he wants. Some of the all time greats played like Allen. Butkus ring a bell? Face it, some of the best defensive players in the history of the NFL played like homing missiles on the ball carrier. If they got hurt.. Tough sh*t, it's football. As long as Allen stays away from the roads when drunk and puts up decent numbers, he's more than ok in my book. And despite the great information that Foster has pooled together with the Starcaps stuff with the Williams Wall, they still were not tested positive for any steroid, thus they are only guilty as such in the court of opinion. And frankly that court carries no weight.

Thank you, you finally bucked up and admitted what I wanted you to 18 months ago. You must be a Norwegian boy, cause they are only people more stubborn than us Krauts. Go grow your mullet, oh year, Sampson cut his hair didn't he.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 4:55:59 PM(UTC)
Formo

Thank you, you finally bucked up and admitted what I wanted you to 18 months ago. You must be a Norwegian boy, cause they are only people more stubborn than us Krauts. Go grow your mullet, oh year, Sampson cut his hair didn't he.

What the floop did I admit? That I dislike highly of McKinney?!

You just got your lines crossed, d00d. To you a dirty player is to me a football player.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 5:01:48 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,118

I like the days of Jack Lambert. He was a great football player. Unfortunately, in TODAY's game, he'd be labeled, MIS-Labeled as a dirty player.

Jack played how I feel the game should be played. Same with Butkus, Lane, etc ...
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 5:55:05 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

You just got your lines crossed, d00d. To you a dirty player is to me a football player.

You said he can play dirty all he wants, but when the Saints took liberties with God, then you Queenies cry like a bunch of bitches. Try and have some integrity with your hypocricy. If we go back to the 60's and 70's, then all that late hitting on Favre was legit, and the only thing you have to cry about is the play of Butterfingers.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#44 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 6:04:49 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 390
Applause Received: 1,060

There is playing hard hitting football and there is playing dirty ball.. the hits on Schaub from Allen were dirty ball.. clearly aiming at the knees.

I love guys that will thump people.. I love big hits.. but can't stand guys that target the legs.

No one but Allen can convince me that he didn't go after him low.. and I probably wouldn't believe him then.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#45 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 6:46:08 PM(UTC)
Formo

You said he can play dirty all he wants, but when the Saints took liberties with God, then you Queenies cry like a bunch of bitches. Try and have some integrity with your hypocricy. If we go back to the 60's and 70's, then all that late hitting on Favre was legit, and the only thing you have to cry about is the play of Butterfingers.

Uhh.. Allen wasn't on his feet prior to hitting Schaub. He was on his knees. With a blocker on his ass. He did what he could have to get to the QB. The high-low hit on Favre was far more blatant than any of Allen's 'cheap' shots. The guy that hit Favre low (don't know the guys name) had an opportunity to get upright. But didn't. Intentional? I don't know. Looks like it was, but he very well could have been just trying to keep on his feet. Either way, he hit him low.

BTW.. "Mike Pereira, the NFLs vice president of officiating, admitted on the NFL Networks Total Access show this week that referee Pete Morellis crew should have called a 15-yard penalty against the New Orleans Saints in the third quarter of the NFC title game Sunday when Vikings quarterback Brett Favre absorbed a low hit from defensive end Bobby McCray."

A non-called penalty doesn't absolve what wasn't considered a penalty 3 years ago when Allen hit Schaub.

And your argument about my 'hypocrisy' is plain silly. That's like saying you Packer fans can NEVER complain about a non-interference call on your WRs because back when Harris was considered good, he interfered all the damn time. The Bears fans can never bitch about a LB that tackled with excessive force and grabbed anything to do as such because of Butkus. Seriously?
UserPostedImage