Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages«<456
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Silentio  
#76 Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2010 10:29:03 PM(UTC)
Silentio

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 36

That's pretty cool that Payton Manning posts on these boards...
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#77 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 3:42:35 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
No one knew about the agreement until Favre started calling for a trade. You said it.. In order for the agreement to hold water he's have to stay retired.. Yes, it would still be in affect just on hold until he did officially retire.. But in order for him to bring in that money.. He'd have to stay retired. It's still a bribe in my mind, but you can continue to look at it like the way you do. I don't blame you.

How do you view it as a bribe? Brett as well as the Packers acknowledged publicly it was something in the works for a couple years or more. The fact that it was brought up after he was retired, well, when the hell else should have they brought it up? Waited until the first game of the season and he wasn't in uniform? That'd be stupid. They wanted to continue using his name and profit from it. Strike while the iron is hot. They would have lost three months of potential financial profit off his name and likeness.

How is that constituted as a bribe?

Even if Brett had signed the Marketing Deal, he could have still unretired and the agreement would have been postponed until he was retired.

Again, how is it a bribe? Sounds more like you're pigeonholed in your own theory and molding facts to support it.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#78 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 6:05:45 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

No one knew about the agreement until Favre started calling for a trade. You said it.. In order for the agreement to hold water he's have to stay retired.. Yes, it would still be in affect just on hold until he did officially retire.. But in order for him to bring in that money.. He'd have to stay retired. It's still a bribe in my mind, but you can continue to look at it like the way you do. I don't blame you.

How do you view it as a bribe? Brett as well as the Packers acknowledged publicly it was something in the works for a couple years or more. The fact that it was brought up after he was retired, well, when the hell else should have they brought it up? Waited until the first game of the season and he wasn't in uniform? That'd be stupid. They wanted to continue using his name and profit from it. Strike while the iron is hot. They would have lost three months of potential financial profit off his name and likeness.

How is that constituted as a bribe?

Even if Brett had signed the Marketing Deal, he could have still unretired and the agreement would have been postponed until he was retired.

Again, how is it a bribe? Sounds more like you're pigeonholed in your own theory and molding facts to support it.

I forgot how you can read the Packers brass' mind and their intentions. My bad.

Move along, nothing to see here.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#79 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 1:05:26 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

lol

When it's something all parties are stating, it's usually good reason to believe its true. Why would they all say it, if it was not true?

It's fine that you want to believe your misguided nonsensical theory. I mean, you're a Vikings fan and you have to find any and every way to knock the Packers ... and this is obviously just another one of those methods. So, think how you wish. I won't embarrass you again by asking you to enlighten me with .... why. :P
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed