Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline cheeseheads123  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 12:04:11 PM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Applause Given: 75
Applause Received: 142

Throughout the whole game grant was running the ball to the left and wasn't being very productive. But when he ran to the right he seemed to pick up a decent gain.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Pack93z  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 12:11:44 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 403
Applause Received: 1,097

Yes.. but I think there was a little one the job training happening yesterday, we were for the most part moving forward and controlling the ball.. so part of me thinks that they were trying to work on some things in live action.

Kinda like, we are going to keep running it until we get it right.. my opinion it was effective because we were able to make plays on third down. But I don't think they ever got it right.. but it was interesting they ran behind a guy that was hurting yesterday and away from Kearny.. an undersized DE.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline bigfog  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 12:30:19 PM(UTC)
bigfog

It was the most maddening part of the game, Grant running to the left.

Drove me nuts. Left, Left, Left. Felt like I was watching a live action reenactment of Nascar.
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
Offline zombieslayer  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 1:10:34 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Grant was looking so bad. I was wondering why we didn't try out Wynn. Heck, he knows our O.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline beast  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 1:13:38 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 262
Applause Received: 322

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
It was the most maddening part of the game, Grant running to the left.

Drove me nuts. Left, Left, Left. Felt like I was watching a live action reenactment of Nascar.

Well a couple weeks ago, (I think it was the Lions) that running the right was going back wards (or it seem like that) and running to the left was working.

But we kept running right.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline gbpfan  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 1:52:32 PM(UTC)
gbpfan

Applause Received: 3

just hope after yesterday they can look at film and see it isn't working and find out running up the middle isn't the answer guys need to open holes even little ones i think grant is going to have a chance this week against the colts i feel they can win this game we have some good corners just need to stop the run better
Offline porky88  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 2:22:37 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 198
Applause Received: 421

Grant was missing some holes and cutbacks. He just doesn't seem to be in mid season form and by now he should be. Not to say he had all kinds of room to run, but you were kind of waiting for him to break a long run and he didn't do it which is disappointing.
Offline jdog2  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 2:57:12 PM(UTC)
jdog2

Applause Received: 1

I think Grant's problem is he goes down to easy. One hand gets laid on him and he goes down. He doesn't break any tackles
blank
Offline Pack93z  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 3:23:41 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 403
Applause Received: 1,097

Grant was missing some holes and cutbacks. He just doesn't seem to be in mid season form and by now he should be. Not to say he had all kinds of room to run, but you were kind of waiting for him to break a long run and he didn't do it which is disappointing.

Early in the game he had a run where last year he probably breaks it for a long gainer.. it looked like he was hesitant to kick in the top end gear.. still don't think he is healthy, either that or he lacks confidence in the hammy yet.

Regardless.. sticking to the run and gaining positive yards for the most part allowed us to win the TOP 37 minutes to 23.. think that didn't play into the second half play and the defense playing well..

+23 on the offensive play war as well.. add to it that the pre-play movement looked sharper, more like last year.. keeping that defense reacting pre-snap.

Overall.. much better game plan from MM.

Oline still struggled with pad height and sealing off the corners though..
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline TengoJuego  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 6:29:04 PM(UTC)
TengoJuego

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2010

United States

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 1

Early in the game he had a run where last year he probably breaks it for a long gainer.. it looked like he was hesitant to kick in the top end gear.. still don't think he is healthy, either that or he lacks confidence in the hammy yet.

Regardless.. sticking to the run and gaining positive yards for the most part allowed us to win the TOP 37 minutes to 23.. think that didn't play into the second half play and the defense playing well..

+23 on the offensive play war as well.. add to it that the pre-play movement looked sharper, more like last year.. keeping that defense reacting pre-snap.

Overall.. much better game plan from Mike McCarthy.

Oline still struggled with pad height and sealing off the corners though..

Finally someone pays some kind of attention.

When are you guys gonna stop riding Grant? I think he spoiled some of you with 200 yard games last season. Those are "rare' performances that your not going to get week to week. Now what we got against Seattle was perfect. We controlled the clock, and controlled the LOS.
Offline Greg C.  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 6:40:45 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

I already mentioned this in another thread. Grant was running left for 1 to 3 yards per carry, then he ran right and picked up 7. I was going nuts watching all those runs to the left. Thirty-three carries and only 90 yards. But they won the damn game. They won the damn game. I didn't care how they did it, they just needed a W.
blank
Offline pack_in_black  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 7:04:46 PM(UTC)
pack_in_black

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 2

Cut-back lanes were there quite often, and I'd watch in horror as Grant simply lowered his head and plowed into the back of one of his own linemen. He's not at all what he was last season.
UserPostedImage

Thanks to Pack93z for the sig!
Offline IronMan  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 7:08:17 PM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 94
Applause Received: 103

Clifton is a liability in the run game. He is not bending his knees and exploding into the defender.

As for Grant, would it be too much to ask of him to break a tackle every now and then? I can't remember him breaking one tackle yesterday. McCarthy even touched on this in his PC today.
Rss Feed