Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2010 12:23:46 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,293
Applause Received: 3,479
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Brett Favre said after the ESPYs Wednesday night that he still hasn't decided if he will play for the Vikings this year because his surgically repaired ankle still hasn't completely healed.

"I still have a little bit of time," Favre told ESPN, via FanHouse. "I'm still, believe it or not, not completely healthy, and I may never be."

Dr. James Andrews operated on Favre's ankle eight weeks ago, and at the time reports said Favre would need about 4-6 weeks to recover. But Favre sounds like he is not satisfied with the progress of his recovery.

"I'd hope it would be a little better at this point," Favre said. "I can walk on it, but you don't walk in football."

But make no mistake: Favre wants to play his 20th NFL season.

"I would love to play and be the best I can possibly be, and that's what I'm working towards right now," he said.

The way Favre talks about his ankle, you almost get the feeling that he's suggesting he won't be healthy enough to start training camp with the rest of the Vikings on July 30 -- but that he will be ready to go by mid-August.

I'm looking forward to the Packers getting two more cracks at beating the legend. After what happened last year, many will say I'm stupid for thinking that. I just have a feeling the Vikings and Favre won't repeat their stellar year of last.
Offline IronMan  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2010 1:34:28 PM(UTC)

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 135
I am not very confident that our defense can stop Favre. The offense is going to have to score 40+ if we want to have a chance.
Offline Cheesey  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2010 2:00:51 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 614
Applause Received: 741
AMAZING how he isn't feeling healthy now. When training camp ends, it will be like when James Brown (the singer) would have one of his guys throw the cape on him, and Brown would bend over, and start walking off stage like he was exhausted.......then THROW the cape off, and fire it back up.
That will be Favre, as soon as training camp ends. LOL!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2010 2:27:17 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
I am not very confident that our defense can stop Favre. The offense is going to have to score 40+ if we want to have a chance.

If he plays at the same level as last year along with the rest of the Vikings team, I concur. However, I don't think the Vikings as a team will duplicate their success of last year.

I'm can see Favre will get us for 2 maybe 3 TD's each game, but I think we put on 30+ and win.
Offline dingus  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:27:05 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 39
Applause Received: 36
It's been stated on this blog many times but I believe there would have been a different outcome last year had we played the Vikings at least once in the second half of the season.

We win at least once this season.
Offline TheEngineer  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2010 4:02:23 PM(UTC)

I am with Dingus on this one. At least one victory for the Packers this season against the Vikings. Interestingly there was a video on NFL.com about the fans high expectations to beat Minnesota. Is that the feeling around Green Bay?
Offline Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2010 4:11:45 PM(UTC)

United States
I am with Dingus on this one. At least one victory for the Packers this season against the Vikings. Interestingly there was a video on NFL.com about the fans high expectations to beat Minnesota. Is that the feeling around Green Bay?

Providing we are both healthy teams, the expectations are we'll at least split, if not sweet.

My concern is Dom Capers is Brett Favre's bitch, lol.
Offline HatestheF.I.B.s  
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2010 5:05:50 PM(UTC)

Don't forget when we played them the first time Judas wasn't his own coach as far as we knew. Once he decieded he didn't want to listen to Chilly the cracks started show. It won't get any better, if anything I would imagine that other players will and have developed a similar attitude. By week 8 the inmates will running the metro-dumb. Beides he's laid the excuses for the season collapse allready.
Offline dingus  
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2010 6:10:03 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 39
Applause Received: 36

Providing we are both healthy teams, the expectations are we'll at least split, if not sweet.

My concern is Dom Capers is Brett Favre's bitch, lol.

I don't think Capers will be as conservative this year, just a hunch.
Offline musccy  
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2010 6:53:03 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 650
Applause Received: 661
AMAZING how he isn't feeling healthy now. When training camp ends, it will be like when James Brown (the singer) would have one of his guys throw the cape on him, and Brown would bend over, and start walking off stage like he was exhausted.......then THROW the cape off, and fire it back up.
That will be Favre, as soon as training camp ends. LOL!

Exactly. He'll still 'miraculously/heroically' return in mid August on an ankle that he arbitrarily diagnoses as only being at 15% so he can attempt to justify his drawn out decision process and manipulate this facade as a tough guy for the John Maddens of the world to drool over, when in reality he's a whiney self absorbed narcissist who perched himself on a self-created pedestal, much above the other insignificant 52 eventual starting peons who are inferior, thus should be subjected to training camp, dorm life, and other team-based activities that Brett is too god-like to have to participate in.
Rss Feed